Traffic lawyer needed, Help please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 10:37 AM
B7S4 is infamous around these parts
Traffic lawyer needed, Help please

I was pulled over doing 80 in a 35 mph zone in Arlington county. The officer gave me a court date for wreckless driving.
Anybody with a similar experience? What happens if I was found guilty? Anyone knows a good lawyer in the area? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks y'all

Last edited by B7S4; 10-08-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:57 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Were you really doing 80 in a 35, or was it a malfunction of the radar or something?

Old 10-08-2008, 11:18 AM
That's the thing, I am not sure I passed 70 mph. I did accelarate for a second and it might have hit 80 mph without me paying attention, but even if did hit 80 mph it would have been for 1 second. Does he have any way to prove it? He was driving behind me.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:36 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
you will most likely have to serve a few days in jail to be honest....i know that's not something you want to hear but it is the reality. 80 in a 35 was not smart, even 70 in a 35. Arlington County just like Fairfax is very hardcore. You are going to spend a lot of money not only in court fees but also in fines and legal counsel. Call John Boneta. He's in Fairfax, but has ties to Arlington County as well. He also represents the Easterns Automotive family as well and a majority of their traffic offenses were in Arlington....Good Luck.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:20 PM
skorost is infamous around these parts
Nate Colman got me community service in lieu of a jail sentence for 105 in a 65... only 6 months suspended driving too.... he's smooth and earnest and the judges like him... he's in the book...

wasn't my fault btw... the cop in the unmarked Camaro made me do it... j/k

Old 10-08-2008, 02:23 PM
sfarris is a name known to allsfarris is a name known to allsfarris is a name known to allsfarris is a name known to allsfarris is a name known to allsfarris is a name known to all
Ruh roh Reorge.

Originally Posted by boochook
you will most likely have to serve a few days in jail to be honest....i know that's not something you want to hear but it is the reality. 80 in a 35 was not smart, even 70 in a 35. Arlington County just like Fairfax is very hardcore. You are going to spend a lot of money not only in court fees but also in fines and legal counsel. Call John Boneta. He's in Fairfax, but has ties to Arlington County as well. He also represents the Easterns Automotive family as well and a majority of their traffic offenses were in Arlington....Good Luck.

I practice law in Missouri, and am thinking the jail and/or huge fine is unavoidable. Sorry, but anything past 20 mph over is tough to beat down unless you win at trial.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:36 PM
skorost is infamous around these parts
ya... if he paced you then be sure to ask for the records of the last speedo calibration...

file a continuance...(u usually get one freebie) get a copy of your driving record... take the driver's ed classroom led course (because they will order you to anyway)... and take the driver's ed online class to knock off points ahead of the date. Ask a coworker (supervisor or manager?) to character testify for you... these are things I did... I also was able to get a little success reducing the suspended driving by making a case that I can't take taxi's or rely on another driver to take me to my workplaces as many of them are secured compounds required security clearances to get to...

we made a valid argument that all instruments for measuring speed must go through the proper country acquisition offices and process... and that the unmarked Camaro's speedo did not... judge did recess to consider it but no joy...

Old 10-08-2008, 03:45 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Who was the cop? I have a buddy who is an Arlington County Cop - Motorcycle Division who can maybe help you out.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
Berk is right - this is serious and you need to approach it seriously. You are going to need a lawyer - so get going in that direction now.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:53 PM
intence is infamous around these parts
I used Robert Whitestone in Fairfax. He is highly recommended by a lot of people. Call him and he may have references in Arlington. Good luck.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:46 AM
lax01 is infamous around these parts
*note to self* Do not speed in VA

Old 10-09-2008, 09:04 AM
fkellyM3 is infamous around these parts
Just keep your head up and think positive tho, but

"Why" did you go soo fast? whats the hurry?

Old 10-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Thanks everyone for your input.

Who was the cop? I have a buddy who is an Arlington County Cop - Motorcycle Division who can maybe help you out.
Pm'd you.

Last edited by B7S4; 10-09-2008 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by fkellyM3
Just keep your head up and think positive tho, but

"Why" did you go soo fast? whats the hurry?
I didn't realize I was going so fast, since it was a "highway". I was on Route 1 aka Jefferson Davis highway exiting crystal city and heading towards DC. Then, when I realized I was above speed limit, I slowed down to 50 mph. I think he was monitoring my speed driving way far behind me, and caught me hit 80 for a second. I was maintaining 50 mph for more than a minute until he pulled me over.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:19 PM
^^^Sounds sketchy.....you might have a case.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Traffic lawyer needed, Help please