Radial Tire rules...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 09:52 AM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by atleung
Get a GT2. You can get them pretty easily now, at a discount even...

Radial is the best. I used to be a non believer, but when they were able to get rid of a vibration problem that two other places could not, I was sold. Paul, the owner, is also a strong supporter of the PCA and a racer himself. He knows his ****. And their pricing is very good, better than Tire Rack in my last experience with them.
Real question is when are you getting one? Al, I know you did enough trackdays so you need a trackcar. Btw, I saw Larry at ASG in fairfax few weeks ago. He drove all the way from maryland and modding his turbo!

Last edited by datax; 12-06-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:32 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atleung
They're ALWAYS very busy, so I'm not sure whether you get to talk to whom you want. They remind me of the Soup **** in one of the Seinfeld episodes. All the customers seem to be regulars. They all seem to know what to do i.e., line up, tell them what you need, shut up and wait and let them do their thing. Interesting thing is I don't ever recall people asking about price. It is as though either people knew they would get the best deal or they don't care what the price is because they value their service so much. But the answer to your question is Paul. He's the owner, racer,...
Ditto. Talk to Paul he will assign your job to an older African American gentleman who is an absolute surgeon when it comes to mounting and balancing your tires. Make sure you tip him.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:50 AM
memo is infamous around these parts
I have used them once and was extremely happy. Their prices were very competitive.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:11 PM
RaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the rough
i got new tires from them a while back on the 911...now the tires are practically slicks...ill be visiting them soon for another pair of rosso's...

Old 12-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
My guess is that these guys will also corner balance, correct?

Old 12-25-2008, 12:46 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
No. Go to Atspeed Motorsports for a corner balance.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:32 PM
pseto is infamous around these parts
another happy Radial Tire customer. been going there for 5+ years now and they have great pricing (with BMW CCA discount). only disappointment is having to wait in line since they don't take appointments; but they get you out pretty fast.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:30 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
address (physical and electronic) for Radial Tire please. The DD needs some new rubbers on all four corners. Thanks.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:06 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
9101 Brookville Rd
Silver Spring, MD 20910

Old 01-13-2009, 08:03 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
^^Thanks Dave

Old 01-21-2009, 09:13 PM
CMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really nice
About 5 years ago, I needed snows for the BMW 330i. They highly recommended some Vredrestein tires that were just absolutely horrible in the snow. I mean, I was driving on the beltway and EVERYBODY was staring at me as I slid all over the road.
A poor recommendation to say the least.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Euro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud of
Radial Tire is great. Their prices are competitive with tire rack. Even if you pay $10-$15 more per tire, the service is worth it. Plus your money is supporting a local business, not some big corp. I think we pay at least $5 more per tire at the shop because we have beat Paul in the last two SCCA enduro races.

Old 10-15-2009, 03:40 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Nice guys but I'm never going there again. They put numerous nicks on one of my rear RG5's lip and the wheels weren't balanced well. Basically a repeat performance from my last set of tires there which also resulted in scratched wheels (my old ones). I value my time and don't appreciate having to trudge back there for a proper balance and then discover the nicks on the wheel afterward.

Last edited by deckman; 10-15-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
Radial Tire mounted new tires on the wrong axles of my 540. When they pulled it out of the shop - I pointed this out and they apologized and said they would do the swap quickly. In their haste, they damaged one of my alloy wheels - breaking off a 1/4" x 1" segment which was hanging on by a flake.

When I pointed it out and the hanging flake - the manager denied they damaged it - even though a child could see how fresh the damage was from the mounting machine. I insisted and he walked away - refusing to listen to me.

Radial Tire lost a customer in me for life. Radial Tire can kiss my butt.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:28 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
I went to them one time and one time only. When they mounted my new tires they "forgot" the lugs on the front right. I got 10 feet out of the driveway and my tire kept going as I was dragging the rotor. I was not very impressed at all.

Manager also tried to make it my fault for "Not inspecting the vehicle". Not what I would call good customer service No discount no refund. No longer a customer!

Tip for the installer. DO YOUR F'ing JOB!!!