Radial Tire rules...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 02:45 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
Radial Tire rules...

I took my rear wheel in to have it remounted/balanced, because Intersport didnt clean off the wheel before they mounted it, so it had a slow leak.

I had to wait an extra hour because they were busy, so Adam the tech said 'no charge, since you had to wait'....This was the first time I've ever used them. I said I gotta pay something, so he said 'how about 15 bucks'. Sounds good to me! That was for unmounting, cleaning the inside of the wheel, re-sealing/mounting/balancing it.

Just wanted to post this because rarely do people do business like this anymore. Big ups to Radial!

Old 12-04-2008, 03:57 PM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Never been there but I've only heard good things about them. They sometime have good deals on tires too.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:24 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Dave - Thanks for the lead, I wish I knew this before I got my tires mounted on the Champions.....

Well, now I know for next time........

Old 12-04-2008, 04:25 PM
AvusRS6 is infamous around these partsAvusRS6 is infamous around these parts
I want a 997 Turbo!!!!!!!

Old 12-04-2008, 05:16 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I am undecided about them. They give good advice and are honest. But when I got new tires from them (at a very good price), they scratched two of my wheels. Not gouges, but several inches long scratches. I couldn't tell until the next time I washed my car because the wheels came out of their shop filthy. I went back to have the tires rotated and rebalanced and there was no charge as well as no additional damage when they finished. I've only heard good things about them otherwise, but still, scratched wheels suck.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:02 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
Alex....didnt you just sell a 997 turbo?

Get your *** down to HBL and buy another one!

Originally Posted by AvusRS6

Old 12-04-2008, 07:03 PM
pictures dude!

Where'd you get em done?

Originally Posted by boochook
Dave - Thanks for the lead, I wish I knew this before I got my tires mounted on the Champions.....

Well, now I know for next time........

Old 12-04-2008, 08:19 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
LOL! That was random. It's not like you can't have one. Just go pick one up!

Radial is great!!! I always use them. Never scratched any of my rims. I always make sure to tell em to be extra careful though.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:47 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
I will ASAP.....just trying to put a couple other finishing touches first b4 I post the final shots......I can't wait to take her out for a spin.....It felt great to be on 19's again......DAVE - YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!! Thanks for a GREAT set of rims.

Shhhhhhh, I had Intersport mount 'em.......there better be no air leaks....

Originally Posted by maxwell
pictures dude!

Where'd you get em done?

Old 12-05-2008, 02:19 PM
atleung is infamous around these partsatleung is infamous around these parts
Get a GT2. You can get them pretty easily now, at a discount even...

Radial is the best. I used to be a non believer, but when they were able to get rid of a vibration problem that two other places could not, I was sold. Paul, the owner, is also a strong supporter of the PCA and a racer himself. He knows his ****. And their pricing is very good, better than Tire Rack in my last experience with them.

Old 12-05-2008, 02:57 PM
^^^Pricing is important too.....that's great......I'm becoming a firm believer too.....

Old 12-05-2008, 06:38 PM
SEAN 996 is infamous around these partsSEAN 996 is infamous around these parts
Alex....didnt you just sell a 997 turbo?

Get your *** down to HBL and buy another one!
I second that! BTW Alex, please bring the current ride to a meet/drive before you do anything with it.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:48 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
I took my rear wheel in to have it remounted/balanced, because Intersport didnt clean off the wheel before they mounted it, so it had a slow leak.

I had to wait an extra hour because they were busy, so Adam the tech said 'no charge, since you had to wait'....This was the first time I've ever used them. I said I gotta pay something, so he said 'how about 15 bucks'. Sounds good to me! That was for unmounting, cleaning the inside of the wheel, re-sealing/mounting/balancing it.

Just wanted to post this because rarely do people do business like this anymore. Big ups to Radial!
Told you dude.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Dave, Al, Mario - Who's the best guy to talk to there???

Old 12-06-2008, 09:33 AM
atleung is infamous around these partsatleung is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by boochook
Dave, Al, Mario - Who's the best guy to talk to there???
They're ALWAYS very busy, so I'm not sure whether you get to talk to whom you want. They remind me of the Soup **** in one of the Seinfeld episodes. All the customers seem to be regulars. They all seem to know what to do i.e., line up, tell them what you need, shut up and wait and let them do their thing. Interesting thing is I don't ever recall people asking about price. It is as though either people knew they would get the best deal or they don't care what the price is because they value their service so much. But the answer to your question is Paul. He's the owner, racer,...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Radial Tire rules...