Laser Interceptor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 11:40 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Laser Interceptor

Does anyone here have this jammer installed in their Porsche? I was wondering how you liked it and how you have it installed. I'm thinking of getting one. I figured I'd start locally on the chance I could see one installed in person.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:13 PM
rva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond repute
i have the passport 9500ci system installed on mine it comes with laser shifters and seem to work flawlessly. look up on google video for the 9500 passport and theres a guy on there called radar roy. he does testing on the unit and shows you how well it works

Old 01-08-2009, 06:02 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Thanks rva997tt (nice car btw). I'm familiar with the different options out there and have honed in on the LI. The 9500ci is great as well, but I already have an Sti radar detector. Since laser has become so common, especially in MD I feel I want the best protection I can get. I was just hoping to find someone locally who has one since they are still kind of rare.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:08 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
wish we could get these in VA....the radar detectors are even illegal....

Old 01-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by boochook
wish we could get these in VA....the radar detectors are even illegal....
Laser dectection is not against the law in VA only radar.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm unsure of the legality of the LI unit. It's an active jammer not just a detector. I got the STi because of Virginia. It's the only RD that is invisible to RDD's. I'm not here to debate legality issues though, I've made my own peace on this subject of civil dissobedience.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:11 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Gunther.....I heard Laser Interceptor is illegal in all states....If not, I'm getting one tomorrow....HAHAHA

Old 01-09-2009, 04:13 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
The LI is not illegal in most states. The Passport unit sucks *****! From what I understand Roy sells these units through his other site so of course he's going to tell you it works

Go to guysoflidar.com for the real deal independent testing. LI is the only way to go! I've actually gone out and used two different lasers on an LI unit and zippo, zero, zilch, nothing

Old 01-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Yeah LI seems to be the best there is. I guess I might be the first one of us locally to get one. DD, where did you mount your sensors and the kill switch inside your car? My avatar is dated, I now have a GT3 bumper.

Oh, and I checked on VA - Illegal. BFD, so is speeding. Only on matters of traffic enforcement MD is less oppressive!

Last edited by deckman; 01-09-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:19 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
I have the LI in my daily driver so it's not really applicable to your 996 application. With that being said, the ideal location to mount the heads is parallel with the center of your headlamps and as far apart as possible. My kill switch is in my center console but you can mount it anywhere. It's not ideal on a 996 due to the bumper design, but if you go with function over form it will probably work fine. Fortunately my volvo DD has a grill that is easily converted for laser jammer mounts. Just make sure you mount them as wide and as close to the center (vertically) of the front end as you can.

Last edited by deputydog95; 01-10-2009 at 06:42 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:37 PM
gnathologist is infamous around these parts
I have my V1 hardwired + concealed display along with Blinder M45. Concealed display and kill switch is mounted at the bottom of my center console. If you want to come check it out, you're more than welcome to do so.

By the way, I live in Clarksville, MD

Seung

Old 01-16-2009, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by gnathologist
I have my V1 hardwired + concealed display along with Blinder M45. Concealed display and kill switch is mounted at the bottom of my center console. If you want to come check it out, you're more than welcome to do so.

By the way, I live in Clarksville, MD

Seung
Thanks for the offer Seung. Are you free this weekend?

Old 01-16-2009, 07:33 PM
gnathologist is infamous around these parts
I'm working until 5pm tomorrow and will be going down to VA on Sunday. If you want to meet me after 5pm tomorrow, it may work out.

Let me know.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:02 AM
Maybe next weekend would be better and warmer. I would prefer to see it in daylight. I'll PM you.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:39 PM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Laser Interceptor