Help! I need a friendly place in VA for Inspections/Emissions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 10:09 AM
valter is infamous around these parts
Help! I need a friendly place in VA for Inspections/Emissions

Hi All!

I moved to VA 3 years ago and it's been a real pain dealing with local places (near Leesburg) to go through inspections/emissions. With all this weak economy places are trying to pull so much BS right now, so today I just reached my limit.
I would greatly appreciate a recommendation for a good place to do my inspections/emissions stuff, I am ready for a drive if necessary.

Thank you!

Old 02-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Banned
M3-ADDICT is infamous around these partsM3-ADDICT is infamous around these parts
What things failed? Sometimes you sadly have to get it fixed . But I rember Ferrari of Washington was really nice to peeps who had issues with their Emission. But with the new ownership taking place, I don't know if that has changed.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Euro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud of
The VA safety inspection totally depends on the inspector, some are better than others. The emissions inspection is the same no matter where you go. If you are having a problem with how the emissions test is being done, call VA DEQ.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Thank you for replies! I was having a problem with VA safety inspection and without going into many unpleasant details, I always getting my cars rejected for one BS reason or other, like need to replace brake pads or parking brake shoes (on my Jeep), which are almost new and clearly within the specs. I don't have any time to deal with this fraud, just looking for a better local shop/inspector.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Euro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud of
If you feel the car was incorrectly rejected, you can contact the State Police. The Trooper will usually meet you at the station and have the inspector show him why it "failed". The Troopers who are involved in the inspection program are inspectors themselves and are familiar with the manual.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:49 PM
Daniel Wendell is infamous around these parts
Down here in roanoke there is Martins German Service. Keith Martin is a buddy of mine.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:36 PM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
Car-friendly inspection facility...

Just sent you a PM

Old 02-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks to everyone, I really appreciate your input!

Old 02-21-2009, 12:39 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
valter - where did you go???? I'm about to go to HBL for my safety and emissions inspection.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:57 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by boochook
valter - where did you go???? I'm about to go to HBL for my safety and emissions inspection.
HBL Porsche does safety inspections also?
good to know.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by boochook
Not yet, only 1 month overdue

Old 02-24-2009, 03:26 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Safety and Emissions.....that's where I'll prob go. B/c if there's one neck to strangle if something goes wrong, it's Penske's....

Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
HBL Porsche does safety inspections also?
good to know.