A very cool wedding surprise (in NoVa)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 11:28 PM
IrfanM is infamous around these parts
A very cool wedding surprise (in NoVa)

Hey everyone,

My name is Irfan and I've been in and out of this forum for some time now. I am currently a student in college and have been a real huge automobile enthusiast all my life. I am in school for Marketing and plan on graduating in 2012 from the College of W&M. I will mainly use this site as a tool for networking as well.

About the wedding surprise. My brother lives in NoVa (I'm in Richmond) and is getting married this Saturday night in Manassas. Indian wedding receptions are big and run in the evening. At the end of the reception there is something called a "Rukhsati" which is when the bride and groom "leave" together for the first time in their little getaway car. This is pretty standard in most weddings with the "Just Married" car. In reality what will happen is that he'll go into the car - slowly. People will take pictures and he'll eventually roll away around the parking lot for a few minutes and return. Our family is huge Ferrari nuts ever since my aunt used to work at FoNA in Englewood Cliffs, NJ almost 20 years ago. I thought it'd be kinda neat if I could get him as a surprise a nice exotic car to roll away in. The car would stay under 10-15 mph and would only be ON for about 15-20 minutes and be driven by my brother for less than 2 miles. The "Rukhsati" should be more towards midnight. All this would be under the owner's supervision the complete time. Also the car would not be written on, have cans strung onto them, radio blasted, any function turned on/off or touched by more than 3-4 people. It's pretty much a straight change gears, roll through the lot and return. If this is not possible, I know it's something completely out on the edge and peculiar to request so I completely understand. However, I appreciate you taking the time to read this message. Thanks!

For your generosity, I may make a $50 donation to a non profit organization of your choice.
I look forward to getting engaged with everyone here and meet people.

Last edited by IrfanM; 03-30-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:16 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
You may want to get a rental for a day. Go online. There are a few places in the DC area that do this.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:46 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
hilar ious

Old 03-31-2009, 07:18 AM
djParis has a spectacular aura aboutdjParis has a spectacular aura about
I think I saw this ad on craigslist............

Old 03-31-2009, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by djParis
I think I saw this ad on craigslist............

Nope, wasn't me.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:49 AM
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
You may want to get a rental for a day. Go online. There are a few places in the DC area that do this.
All that I could find was a Corvette from Hertz but none in the area and then all your exotics were almost a grand a day at least. Thanks though!

Old 03-31-2009, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by boochook
hilar ious
I understand it's kind of ridiculous to ask, but there are some really generous people out there. I'm sorry if I offended you in any sort of way.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:10 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
trust me, no offense taken. if you are looking for a ferrari, i would suggest you ask the guys in the mid-atlantic section of ferrarichat.com. that's where most of the ferrari's are.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:19 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by IrfanM
All that I could find was a Corvette from Hertz but none in the area and then all your exotics were almost a grand a day at least. Thanks though!
That's about the going rate. Now if you toss in attendance for two to the wedding, you may get at least a nibble.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:08 AM
intence is infamous around these parts
Old 03-31-2009, 09:45 AM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
I can't believe I just read that haha
My advice is to go and rent one.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:07 AM
dgtlbullet is infamous around these parts
Bro, I'm indian as well, but no offense, go with the typical horse, elephant donkey. I'm not sure if a 6speed would work well.....

Old 03-31-2009, 10:23 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
For $50 I'll let you sit in my Honda Fit but I don't want you shifting gears. Keep it under 5mph.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:31 AM
VNDETTASupra is infamous around these parts
I'd say its highly unlikely anyone from FChat will let you use one of their personal vehicles for an event like this.

My suggestion, do it right or don't do it all.

Ask for Jumi at:
http://www.capitaldreamcars.com/index.asp

Best of luck,
Court

Old 03-31-2009, 11:46 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
wedding are hard to control. given the circumstances, you are better off with a luxury car rather than an exotic that is hard to get in and out of.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A very cool wedding surprise (in NoVa)