My 996 vs SSC Aero and an F18 Superhornet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 04:46 PM
skorost is infamous around these parts
My 996 vs SSC Aero and an F18 Superhornet

Had a blast attending the St Petersburg Festical of Speed last weekend. It began with checking into the Vinoy and parking next to the top speed record holder (Aero) and a Spyker convertable, proceeded to the Jet reception at the airport for the cars and jets ****tail evening. I as allowed to take a photo opportunity next to an F18 that was also parked on static display for the event. Saturday was the car show and ciggerette boat races (poker run).

Here are some of the pictures I took of the cars, jets and models, enjoy:
http://picasaweb.google.com/nathanie...stivalOfSpeed#

Attached Images      

Last edited by skorost; 04-01-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Ya know, A lil heads up would have been nice. I would have dropped a new born to see this...

Old 04-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
Ya know, A lil heads up would have been nice. I would have dropped a new born to see this...
I was a last minute decision to go... I had a long weekend Marroitt points to burn, so I drove down and back Rt 95 and rt4 through Daytona and Orlando. It was a nice drive. The Jet reception was quite nice, the concourse sunny and fun, but the after-party at a local club was sick.... do you know what being a card carrying PCA member with a Festival of Speed pass gets you when you have a photographer in the crew carrying a Nikon DX3 ? We were comped a VIP "Corner" section on second floor veranda over looking the entire club, we had table bottle service, TWO servers, our own bouncer. It was a lot of fun all around. Next time though, more time with the Ciggerette boats. I didn't get enough of those. Motion Powerboats had a boat painted up like a Ford GT with a Cobra on the side. They also happened to be the owners of the SSC Aero, and asked me what Porsche they should do their next boat as.... I told the Carrera GT of course

Attached Images      
Old 04-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Very nice Nate!

By the way and maybe it is just a picture... looks as if the middle front drivers tire might be worn a little. Just a heads up.

Cheers,
Allen

Old 04-01-2009, 07:48 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Nate - JESUS CHRIST BRO!!!! Where the hell was the invite for the rest of us!!!!! HOLY CRAP man.....Call up me and Allen next time, we're in Bristow right next to Warrenton....We could roll as a crew!!! HA!!!!

Old 04-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by boochook
Nate - JESUS CHRIST BRO!!!! Where the hell was the invite for the rest of us!!!!! HOLY CRAP man.....Call up me and Allen next time, we're in Bristow right next to Warrenton....We could roll as a crew!!! HA!!!!
Sorry, it all just came up last minute. Definitely next one... We're going again next year. That drive would have been so much more fun as a crew ! 14 hours due to construction.

PS: One more thing whomever would like an account on the website that those models represent (in my pics), send me your email. It's a by invite only fast boats, jets and cars community. You'll my personal invite by email and it'll get you in the community for other similar international events.

Last edited by skorost; 04-01-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:49 AM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
HA! Looks like a great time! I agree with Berksauce...a rally style run down next time would be pimp!

Old 04-02-2009, 11:32 AM
05 amg is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by boochook
They only allow twin turbos......lol

Old 04-02-2009, 11:44 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^AHHH, Salvatore, I only expect the best from you!!!!

Old 04-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by 05 amg
They only allow twin turbos......lol
Actually the gentleman in this photo is the original owner of this 1958 Speedster 956a. The car was even in his wedding. This car won both Honorary Judge's choice and People's Choice at the 2008 Porsche Parade... it's 50th anniversary. When I asked him to get in the photoshoot with the girls, he said "Me!!? really !?", to which I replied it's YOUR car!!!" I think we made his day ;-) and a very special thank you to Paige and Suncoast PCA for assembling the Porsche section of the Festival of Speed. (for recommending a detailer AND getting my steering arm fixed in one afternoon, thanks to Mariner Carwash, and Bert Smith Porsche)

Here is the story of this special Porsche: http://www.1958speedster356a.com/Welcome.html