2009 GTG season for DC/MD/VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 07:01 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
I would be up for flip flopping between VA/MD. Can't see running to Sterling or Manassas on a regular basis.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:10 AM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
For Rockville I think the best spot is the lot next to Timpanos and Old Navy, its always empty on the weekends and its huge. I will update this with a pic in a minute.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:11 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Okay, so I'll tell you what. I'll try and come up with a calendar of events swapping b/w Maryland and Tysons so we have EVEN distribution. These will be ongoing of course so it's show and go. Then, we can throw in a curve ball here and there for an evening meet during the week maybe and/or a weekend. Sound like a plan???

Old 04-21-2009, 07:12 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
^^^Jason, I know exactly which one you are talking about. There's a Starbuck's/Borders books there as well right......

Old 04-21-2009, 07:22 AM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
I am good with the Rockville spot....it is central, well known and we are left alone...why re-invent the wheel? I dont' mind flopping either but going that far may not work for me after awhile.

Yup, you guys the UMD meet is this Sunday and the Towson one is on the 3rd...both Charity events...you should all go.

For those interested in doing some shows, hitting the beach and having fun there is the OC car show that my team attends every year. It is a blast and we chill, BBQ, and party the weekend out. IF you are intersted in showing your car statically for the weekend and relax on the beach PM me for info. Please include your mod list and pictures of your car. Thanks!

GOooooooo Berksauce! I like your idea on this thread!

M

Old 04-21-2009, 07:36 AM
Ken Lally is infamous around these parts
Winery cruise?

Rockville and Tyson's are great base locals for GTGs and cruises.

How about a winery cruise in VA cow countryside? I know some killer routes and know some car friendly wineries (accomodating big groups).

Another fun idea - a run for the grand buffet at Charlestown Raceway... the buffet there rivals any Vegas buffet. During the day the parking lots there are empty....

Old 04-21-2009, 07:38 AM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
suggestion spot for rockville meet:

Old 04-21-2009, 08:10 AM
EVERYONE, here is the proposition......

10AM EST every other Sunday, according to this detail.....I will update the FIRST POST that I listed to have the calendar so people can keep going back to reference if necessary okay....

The Maryland meeting point will be Mid-Pike Plaza (by the Toy's R Us parking area near the Starbuck's 11802 Rockville Pike #A).

The Virginia meeting point will be the Starbuck's on the corner of Spring Hill Road and Route 7 Westbound in Tyson's; 8520 D Leesburg Pike; Vienna, Virginia 22103)

These dates are all Sundays:
May 3rd - Virginia
May 17th - Maryland
May 31st - Virginia
June 14th - Maryland
June 28th - Virginia
July 12th - Maryland
July 26th - Virginia
August 9th - Maryland
August 23rd - Virginia
September 6th - Maryland
September 20th - Virginia
October 4th - Maryland
October 18th - Virginia

Hope

Old 04-21-2009, 08:12 AM
Ken - I like this idea. I'm also working on a winery tour for everyone here w/ some vineyards in VA. As for the grand buffet, I'm ALWAYS IN....

Originally Posted by Ken Lally
Rockville and Tyson's are great base locals for GTGs and cruises.

How about a winery cruise in VA cow countryside? I know some killer routes and know some car friendly wineries (accomodating big groups).

Another fun idea - a run for the grand buffet at Charlestown Raceway... the buffet there rivals any Vegas buffet. During the day the parking lots there are empty....

Old 04-21-2009, 10:06 AM
BTurk is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Euro SC
If your dad OKs it, ask him to contact the local PD to let them know that we have permission to be there.
I talked to my pops about it last night, and he is totally okay with us having car meets in the parking lots, as long as we don't drive recklessly in the lot, police will not be a problem at all since I'm going to be there Let me know if you guys want to try it out it's a great location its very easily accessible, its only about a 15 minute drive from tysons corner.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:13 AM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Berk et al - looks like a great summer ahead!
Thanks for planning

Old 04-21-2009, 11:02 AM
lumns is infamous around these parts
i will be there for the tysons meets, not sure about the rockvilles

Old 04-21-2009, 12:04 PM
Baba, are you Turkish? I'm Turkish. I live in Bristow, so some meets out in Manassas work for me anyway.

Originally Posted by BTurk
I talked to my pops about it last night, and he is totally okay with us having car meets in the parking lots, as long as we don't drive recklessly in the lot, police will not be a problem at all since I'm going to be there Let me know if you guys want to try it out it's a great location its very easily accessible, its only about a 15 minute drive from tysons corner.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:05 PM
Great, thanks guys!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Euro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud of
Sounds like a plan Berk. Unfortunately I'll have to miss the first VA GTG, taking the fam to Great Wolf Lodge that weekend.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2009 GTG season for DC/MD/VA