enclosed trailer rental

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 09:58 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
enclosed trailer rental

maybe once or twice a year, i'd like to trailer the C4S around (bought a V8 Volvo XC90 so should have plenty of towing capacity). i'm not interested in buying a trailer, so thought i could rent one once in a blue moon. i'm not interested in renting an open trailer. does anyone know if there are places that rent enclosed trailers?? thanks.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:11 PM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
I searched a lot about best towing/DD on many forums last year and what I found is that for towing a gt3 with enclosed trailers, you need a tow vehicle with the tow capacity of least 7000lbs to be able to tow comfortably with AC on uphills etc. V8 XC90's towing capacity is only 5000lbs. And, C4S is not a light weight. So, you would need a bigger tow vehicle or light weight open trailer if you wanna give it a shot.

Last edited by datax; 05-01-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Since Berk has gotten his answer in the first response. IS there a rental place for enclosed? I believe we have all researched the trailer purchase to death but just not ready to park a big turd in our yards year after year.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:56 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Ken - thanks for the response buddy. That really sucks. Then, I need to rent a truck and enclosed trailer so that will get expensive for sure.

Scott - let me know what you find. I may need to go the route of lightweight open trailer then.

I'll continue the search as well.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:44 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
A lightweight open 18' will cost as much as an enclosed 20'. That's where I am torn. Then comes the fact of storing a monster trailer on the property for using maybe 6 times a year.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Hey Scott, I actually meant we continue the search to see if there are folks that would rent these lightweight open trailers.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:58 AM
I am with you Berk, I actually need a trailer to go up to Watkins Glen the last weekend of June. If I can't rent enclosed or open, I will probably pony up for one.

Any type of trailer available for a long weekend in June?

Old 05-05-2009, 06:52 AM
Scott - I'm going to check w/ a local trailer dealer out here in Gainesville. I've heard some places will rent. I'll keep you posted. Thanks.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:06 AM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
drive your damn cars sissies!!! LOL...

I am actually interested to see what you come up with...my friend Matt used to have a trailer.

M

Old 05-05-2009, 09:17 AM
First question the wife asked about the PA trip was, 'we're not all riding 6 hours in the P are we?' She wouldn't have it. Summit I will drive out and back easy.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:04 AM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
A lightweight open 18' will cost as much as an enclosed 20'. That's where I am torn. Then comes the fact of storing a monster trailer on the property for using maybe 6 times a year.
Why don't you two start a business, lightweight trailer rental? I wanna rent sometime too.