Looking for MD/DC/VA Paint Shop Suggestions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by boochook
^^^Scott - you sure need to get that shoddy taillight tint job fixed.... HAHAHAHA j/k
I pulled that a couple of weeks ago. ****ty do it yourself stuff. Gits me every time.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:15 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
^^^Believe me, I know.....I'm so horrible at DIY, that I am forced to pay the experts....hahahahaha

Old 07-02-2009, 12:33 PM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Another vote for Wagonwerks. Talk to Doug, and tell him Ken with the John Deer hat sent you.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:09 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
cool, will do

Old 07-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
I went to D&V Autobody to get a quote and spoke with Ron. He knew his stuff and the place is very nice. I would definitely recommend them. They dont cut corners.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:58 AM
Volant997 is a jewel in the roughVolant997 is a jewel in the roughVolant997 is a jewel in the rough
Had a really bad experience with Wagonwerks. Went to them based on a lot of recommendations. I believe they are living off reputation at this point and not quality workmanship.

Bottom line it took three: "Your car is ready, you can come and get it" and then my, "geez you didn't align the door right", then "someone did a hack job replacing the clear bra" and finally, "why all the nibs in the paint job".

Door still doesn't line up right but after over a month and multiple commutes to Crystal City it was time to get the car home.

They ARE pros at extracting the maximum amount from your auto insurance. Their quality of work and quality control really stinks though.

Last edited by Volant997; 07-04-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:18 AM
GTSilver997 is infamous around these parts
^^^ I've not had work done at Wagonwerks, but got a quote from them that was 2.5x what I ultimately paid at EuroPros at Gaithersburg. I thought that it was insulting. It was a simple front bumper respray to get rid of rock chips and scratches under the front lip.

Anyway, I was very happy with the results from EuroPros.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:07 PM
BenM3 is infamous around these parts
I have to second WagonWork. They do top notch work and do a ton of Porsches. If you see their lots, there are a ton of P cars and high end stuff. They are the only ones that touch my car anytime it needs anything, accident or cosmetic.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:43 PM
GTSilver997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by amerlemans
I have an appt for an estimate tomorrow with Ron at D&V. I called Euro Pros (they are a helluva lot closer to me) but was kinda put off by the gal that said "we can't give you a ballpark over the phone of what it would cost to spray the bumper on your Porsche"......really? WTF...I was only asking for a ballpark idea.

I talked to Ron personally at D&V and liked his personality very much. We'll see what the estimate comes back at tomorrow. His ballpark for a front and rear bumper and hood (if I wanted it) was $1,500-$2,000. Sounded kinda high but I want it done right.
Just FYI, I paid $600+change for a simple re-spray at EuroPros. I had some scratches under the lip as well, but no real damage for them to fix. I have friends in the body shop business (though they are in SoCal) and know what good quality work is. I was very happy with the results.

I have no affiliations to EuroPros what so ever...I'm just pointing out anything over $1K for a bumper re-spray is robbery. My 2 cents.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Euro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud of
PM Sent

Old 07-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
I would steer away from euro pros, they lost my business even before they began any work on my 996.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:55 PM
JT3
JT3 is infamous around these partsJT3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by amerlemans
I talked to Ron personally at D&V and liked his personality very much. We'll see what the estimate comes back at tomorrow. His ballpark for a front and rear bumper and hood (if I wanted it) was $1,500-$2,000. Sounded kinda high but I want it done right.
How did it go? That pricing sounds inline...

Did they still have that Lambo out front?

Old 07-13-2009, 10:35 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JT3
How did it go? That pricing sounds inline...

Did they still have that Lambo out front?
Its there right now while I'm at the beach for a few days.

I'll report back near the end of the week.
I pulled the Porsche in the bay right beside the Gallardo. Great color on that car.