Looking for MD/DC/VA Paint Shop Suggestions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 07:30 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Question Looking for MD/DC/VA Paint Shop Suggestions

Guys,

I'm looking to have my front lip spoiler, rocker panels and rear lip spoiler painted to match the Lapis Blue of the car. Any suggestions on reputable shops, preferrably ones that you guys have had experience with? People not from this forum that I've spoken with have suggested I leave the car with the paint shop to color match perfectly, but part of me doesn't like to leave the car with folks unless I know them or are an extremely reputable shop. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Oh yeah - and I'm thinking of getting the Bumperettes from BumperPlugs unless those can be painted....you think???

Berk

Last edited by boochook; 06-26-2009 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:35 AM
DoNDoN is infamous around these parts
I have always used Wagonwork Corp in Alexandria. They are the best but also one of the more expensive body shops in the area.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:42 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
^^Thanks Don.....is it Wagonwork Collision Center?? I'll call them to get some rates. As long as the cost is not astronomical, I'm good with it.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Call Mike with the BMW. He has a line on a shop in Herndon that specializes in these part paintouts. Still need the name and number myself for the exact same work. Remember form the College Park meet discussions? Do the bumpers in the rear as well.

I have the bumper plugs from bumperplugs for my door lock, front plate, and rear wiper delete. Excellent factory match. You'll see Sunday if your non-showing **** shows.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Scott,

Cool dude, I'll hit up Mike on his cell about the shop. Herndon is close to me, so that's good. Even close to my office so I can even drop the pieces off if I have to go that route. I'll check out your stuff on Sunday.

I should be there w/ the wifey. We're going to lunch with some friends from out of town right after in Tysons.....See you all!!!

Berk

Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
Call Mike with the BMW. He has a line on a shop in Herndon that specializes in these part paintouts. Still need the name and number myself for the exact same work. Remember form the College Park meet discussions? Do the bumpers in the rear as well.

I have the bumper plugs from bumperplugs for my door lock, front plate, and rear wiper delete. Excellent factory match. You'll see Sunday if your non-showing **** shows.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:29 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Not sure if I'm too late since I haven't been checking the forums for a week or so, but I had my bumperettes painted by a local body shop and the paint quality was brilliant no issues for the two years I had them I think Paid $180 for both excellent match.

No offense to bumperplugs but they are way overpriced.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:44 PM
GT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by boochook
Scott,

Cool dude, I'll hit up Mike on his cell about the shop. Herndon is close to me, so that's good. Even close to my office so I can even drop the pieces off if I have to go that route. I'll check out your stuff on Sunday.

I should be there w/ the wifey. We're going to lunch with some friends from out of town right after in Tysons.....See you all!!!

Berk
Didnt we talk about this? Go see my guy down the street from torry...he is excellent and did all teh work on my 911 including bumperettes. Mr Spoiler, manassas VA ask for Dan, tell him his banker sent you

Old 06-29-2009, 08:19 AM
JT3
JT3 is infamous around these partsJT3 is infamous around these parts
Berk, check out D&V towards South Riding...they just opened a real nice facility with a fenced in lot and everything. Ask for Kevin.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:22 AM
^^JT3 - Thanks dude.....will definitely check them out....

Old 06-29-2009, 10:23 AM
djParis has a spectacular aura aboutdjParis has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jt3
berk, check out d&v towards south riding...they just opened a real nice facility with a fenced in lot and everything. Ask for kevin.
+1

Old 06-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DoNDoN
I have always used Wagonwork Corp in Alexandria. They are the best but also one of the more expensive body shops in the area.
They are the ones who are doing the accent color on my new CF parts. Rav makes sure the work is perfect. Plus he loves P cars!

I hope to get my parts installed by them this week.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:14 PM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
Removing rocker covers on 997?

I too want to have the spoiler lip, rockers and lower rear valance done...I have the equipment and expertise to do the paint myself, but don't want to break anything removing these items...any hints on safely removing the rockers would be appreciated...the other items seem straight forward enough.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Anyone gonna post up the Herndon places name? Since they seem to specialize in taillight tinting as well, we should get their name out here. Thanks.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:33 PM
^^^Scott - you sure need to get that shoddy taillight tint job fixed.... HAHAHAHA j/k

Old 07-02-2009, 07:30 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
I actually been to D&V autobody and Wagonwork Collision Center. They both do good jobs but D&V is more "negotiable" if you are that type of a guy. Wagonwork does a great job also but price is usually higher. Insurance = Wagonwork Out of pocket = D&V Try both and get quotes. Can't go wrong with either! Good luck! Oh btw...D&V is family owned business (for a long time) and try to get Kevin. I've always called/talked to him whenever I needed some work done.

Last edited by Enilder; 07-02-2009 at 07:33 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looking for MD/DC/VA Paint Shop Suggestions