Baltimore GP?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 07:11 AM
GarnetRedCoupe is infamous around these parts
Baltimore GP?

I hope this happens...

"A Baltimore group is in serious negotiations with the city and the IndyCar Series about staging an annual street race beginning in 2011 near the Inner Harbor that state and city officials say could rival the Preakness in its economic impact and national exposure.

Baltimore Racing Development, a limited liability company, is proposing five years of what it calls a "Baltimore Grand Prix" beginning in the late summer or early fall of 2011. BRD has been meeting with city and state officials - including representatives of Mayor Sheila Dixon - and with the Indy Racing League's IndyCar Series.

The race would be patterned in part after IndyCar Series street races in Toronto; St. Petersburg, Fla.; and Long Beach, Calif."

The entire article:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/b...0,348301.story

Old 07-07-2009, 07:14 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
I would love to see this happen. Great stuff!

Thanks for sharing!

Old 07-07-2009, 07:22 AM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
Dude that would be awesome. Finally we could get rid of the wire question "oh you live in baltimore? Do you watch the wire? - no I watch the Grand Prix from my deck thank you very much"

I am sure they can get it done just give dixon some gift cards for the "kids" and "homeless".

Old 07-07-2009, 08:16 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
THIS WOULD BE AWESOME.....I went to the Cadillac Grand Prix down here in Washington back in like 2003 or something.....It was a street course as well around RFK Stadium.......The residents complained in SouthEast that it was too loud for 3 days of event. I guess they'd rather listen to gun shots and armed robbery in the district.....

Can't wait!!!!!

Old 07-07-2009, 09:08 AM
BenM3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by boochook
THIS WOULD BE AWESOME.....I went to the Cadillac Grand Prix down here in Washington back in like 2003 or something.....It was a street course as well around RFK Stadium.......The residents complained in SouthEast that it was too loud for 3 days of event. I guess they'd rather listen to gun shots and armed robbery in the district.....

Can't wait!!!!!
I went to this also. Bummer they complained and got the event removed from DC. It was a ton of fun and cool to see the cars up close like that.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Teuton is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by boochook

Can't wait!!!!!
I went to it as well. What a fun event. ALMS is one of the few series that you can really get up close to the teams in the pit area. Back then it was the key series that BMW and Porsche competed in. Since then touring car/GT racing has branched off into multiple series in the USA. ALMS and Rolex. Harder to watch all of them now a days.

What's a real shame is that they repaved entire sections of RFK's surrounding roads to make the course usable (Smooth enough) for 1 race. For the live of me, I can't understand why the cars are "Too loud" but the concerts they do at RFK are no issue?

Old 07-07-2009, 01:33 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
I agree guys. I was actually there on that Friday (I won a charity raffle) and had a ride in the Cadillac Pace Car when the celebrities were running the Panoz's. I was in the Race Paddock and hanging out with the racing teams. It was a GREAT experience. For one moment in my life, I actually thought I would enjoy living here in the DC/MD/VA area. Hopefully this Baltimore GP pans out!!!!

Old 07-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
As soon as they announce we need to get a high end booth or box seat for 20+ and get ourselves involved either through 6speed or MAMC

Old 07-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
I also went to the DC event. Got 4 of the three day passes and took different folks each day. Everyone had a blast.

There is a good reason why DC should never be a state. Not bringing this event back is just another reason!

Old 07-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
This would be awesome, fellas. I'm in if it happens.

I wanted to go to VIR this year to watch the Rolex Grand Am Series race but had a family function that trumped it. Damn nieces j/k

Old 07-07-2009, 04:44 PM
911stripper has a spectacular aura about911stripper has a spectacular aura about
no one wants this to happen more than i do...i have already met with the group that is bringing it to baltimore. they seem very confident that it will happen.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Scott - if this happens, I'll look in to getting that done for us for sure!!!!

Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
As soon as they announce we need to get a high end booth or box seat for 20+ and get ourselves involved either through 6speed or MAMC

Old 07-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Brian - is there some sort of citizen petition they are broadcasting as well for community support that we at 6speed and MAMC can sign?

Originally Posted by 911stripper
no one wants this to happen more than i do...i have already met with the group that is bringing it to baltimore. they seem very confident that it will happen.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Cactushead has a spectacular aura aboutCactushead has a spectacular aura about
Hey Steve! We will definitely have to get together and have a beer for this one!

Old 07-08-2009, 09:18 PM
GarnetRedCoupe is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cohare
I am sure they can get it done just give dixon some gift cards for the "kids" and "homeless".
Whatever do you mean?

Originally Posted by Cactushead
Hey Steve! We will definitely have to get together and have a beer for this one!
I am down for that!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Baltimore GP?