6Speed and MACA Track Day at MIR Oct 17, 2009!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 05:19 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
6Speed and MACA Track Day at MIR Oct 17, 2009!!!!

I've been talking with some of my Cobra buddies about a track rental to get the groups together. The track has been signed up for us all so post up if you are interested. If you want to go just as a spectator then still post up. This will be a fun day to attend!

Have a HUGE day planned for the MACA drag racing folks and our invitees! First, we are hosting Round #2 in the Terminator Shootout series that was a great success last year. And second, we have invited our friends at 6-Speed Online to join us in some ole fashioned Index Racing!

This event will be on Saturday, October 17th from 9:00 am until 2:00 pm. at Maryland International Raceway (MIR) in Budds Creek, Md. The gates will open at 8:15am and all are encouraged to get their early to maximize their day! MIR has a reputation for positive density altitude conditions as it has an elevation of 80 feet and October weather in Maryland usually provides a great opportunity for setting personal records. Last year's Terminator Shootout was held on October 11th and the DA was -209 when the racing started and that with an unseasonably warm temperature of 60 degrees.

The Terminator Shootout!
The goal of the 2nd annual Terminator Shootout is to once again promote the largest gathering in history of 03/04' Cobras at any one drag racing event! At last years event, we set the current record with 42 Terminators participating in the racing and 83 spectators/crew members! Our goal this year is to have 60 Terminators! The Terminator Shootout is limited to 03/04' Cobras only. Once again there will be three racing classes: 1) Eaton only - IRS, Solid Axle, Manual, Auto, and 2) Open - Eaton with spray, Twin screw, Turbo, or Centrifigul, 3) Bracket class (Non Terminators welcome this year!!!). Winners will receive a $250 cash prize in each class, (still looking for a couple of sponsors!).

MACA/6-Speed Online Drag Racing Event
MACA has invited the folks from 6 Speed Online to participate in an index-style format for this one which will take place between the Terminator Shootout class racing. This will be an opportunity for MACA's non-Terminator and Terminator Cobras to participate in the day's events against some very high-end German and Italian imports. There will (tentatively) be 3 ET index classes to choose from: 10.50, 11.50, or 12.50. There will be a possibility of a 4th Open class if necessary. All racers are invited to participate in the Bracket class racing as well.

Cost will be $40 for racing and $15 for spectators. Screened UnderArmour event Terminator Shootout T-Shirts (Blue or Maroon this year....), will be available for sale at the event for $20 per shirt. The MACA membership will assist our out of town guests with lodging if so desired.

Post on up if you're in! Please indicate which Class or Index you would like to race in. ALL RACERS will be able to participate in the Bracket Class.

Terminator Shootout Participants
1) IronTerp - Eaton
2) FISHTAIL - Open
3) Posi - Eaton/twin screw?
4) Venimus03 - Eaton

MACA/6-Speed Online Participants
1) ScottinSSMD - spectatin'

Some quick notes:
- We will be using a Full Sportsman Tree for all racing classes. There will be a 2 to 2.5 hour test and tune period prior to the start of the class or index racing, (Great time for personal records or......More!). The Bracket class will follow shortly after for anyone that would like to participate. Cost is $40 for the day for all classes or indexes.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
sounds like fun

Old 08-10-2009, 01:57 PM
My87Targa is infamous around these parts
like i said on svtp as long as the cars done im in.
(My94GT)

Old 08-15-2009, 05:50 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Here's the latest sign up list from MACA. I haven't gotten any sign ups from here yet but one. It's a ways off but this is the time to sign up. Cheap day at the track with some very nice cars and people.

Terminator Shootout Participants
1) IronTerp - Eaton
2) Posi - Eaton/Open?
3) Venimus03 - Eaton
4) 04yellowcobra - Eaton
5) blown281 - Open
6) z28th1s - Eaton
7) Snakesvt04 - Open
8) blksvtCOBRA714 - Eaton
9) BADASS03SVT - Eaton
10) VAMPIR3 - Open
11) 03cobra283 - Open
12) 2bscrewed - Open
13) Boobinspector - Eaton
14) F8LBITEva - Eaton
15) NeverFastEngh - Open
16) C MY 4D - Eaton
17) 96stanggt - Eaton
18) 03 TOPLESSSVT - Eaton
19) 1fastredcobra - Eaton
20) 96n03Cobra - Open ?
21) BlckBox04 - Open
22) TRBO VNM - Tentative???? R U kiddin me???
23) Evil_SVT - Open
24) Blown86 - Open
25) VENOMOUS96 - Eaton

MACA/6-Speed Online Participants
1) ScottinSSMD - ?
2) SYMach1 - 11.50
3) sunburned - ? - 11.50
4) z28th1s - ? - 11.50
5) FISHTAIL - ? - 11.50
6) Mikey org gt500 - 11.50
7) sexywrxchick - 11.50

Some quick notes:
- We will be using a Full Sportsman Tree for all racing classes. There will be a 2 to 2.5 hour test and tune period prior to the start of the class or index racing, (Great time for personal records or......More!). The Bracket class will follow shortly after for anyone that would like to participate. Cost is $40 for the day for all classes or indexes.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Eric the Ricer is infamous around these parts
Haven't run my Vette at the track, actually haven't done the quarter in almost 4 years now. Might let you Cobra's whip up on me

Old 08-17-2009, 07:14 AM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
I'll stay posted...would like to see if it can be done run my new M3.

M

Old 08-17-2009, 09:05 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
i might be on vacay, but if not, i'm 90% in on this

Old 08-21-2009, 06:07 AM
2bscrewed is infamous around these parts
Can't wait for this, it's gonna be a fun day!

Old 08-23-2009, 08:35 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
How do you guys get such a good price on track rental? I might come out and make a few passes with the new setup. Dunno whether I would be 11.50 or 10.50 class

Old 08-31-2009, 03:21 PM
So, who can I count on as a racer for this event? MACA wants to open up to Bimmerforums, e90post and EFA since we have no definites as of now.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:25 AM
6Speed has been pulled from the event since no one has signed up or expressed interest. Pm me if you are still interested in racing. They are bringing in vettes and Mopar sites now.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:16 AM
trinity is a jewel in the roughtrinity is a jewel in the roughtrinity is a jewel in the rough
id be in.. if I could get my hands on a new computer by then. :-\

Old 09-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
How do you guys get such a good price on track rental? I might come out and make a few passes with the new setup. Dunno whether I would be 11.50 or 10.50 class
Come on down. I will most likely run the P if I get it back from the shop in time.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:53 PM
sunburned is infamous around these parts
Man, how do you guys get like 30-40 people to pay $100/person to race at MIR on a Tuesday when it's just 6speed?

When a bunch of Cobra guys want to match up against your high dollar, exotic cars with crazy mods, and offer up the track on a weekend for $40, nobody wants to show up?

Old 09-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Brisk Oct. air for our blowers is awesome. And I guess time for indoor sports like go-carting, lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 6Speed and MACA Track Day at MIR Oct 17, 2009!!!!