Mid-Atlantic "Special Forces Club"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 07:48 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Mid-Atlantic "Special Forces Club"

Hey Guys,

I know some of us have been speaking about hitting a couple shooting ranges in the area. Thought I'd start the thread for this for those interested.

I'm definitely interested. If other folks are, let's get some responses guys then we can pick a place to go.....

1.) Boochook
2.)
3.)
4.)

Old 08-20-2009, 01:29 PM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
possibly, I dont own a gun technically.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:27 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Neither do I, technically....

I know there's a bunch of guys that do, plus I'm thinking of picking up a range of different kinds anyway, so this would be good.

Anyone else.

So far:

1.) Boochook
2.) Cohare
3.)
4.)

Old 08-20-2009, 02:47 PM
05 amg is infamous around these parts
Berk i have a S/W MODEL 29 i'll let you borrow ......

Old 08-20-2009, 03:32 PM
T-Roe - I'm willing to try out the S/W MODEL 29.....Is it the long barrel or short barrel? I thought Semi-Automatics would be a great start, so would love to learn more......Another thing Torey (little off topic, but you got a guy that can do a quick weld job on a steel leg of a dining room chair for me....allen mentioned Chris might be able to).....Thanks dude. Also, Russell did another TOP NOTCH job on the painting and patchwork. Thanks again for the hook-up.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:09 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
Absolutely count me in:

1.) Boochook
2.) Cohare
3.) Alan
4.)

Old 08-21-2009, 12:06 AM
JVproM6 has a spectacular aura aboutJVproM6 has a spectacular aura aboutJVproM6 has a spectacular aura about
I'm interested... WHERE will we go plinking?

I've been to a few ranges in NoVA. Have yet to shoot in MD.

1.) Boochook
2.) Cohare
3.) Alan
4.) Julius / JVProM6

Old 08-21-2009, 02:59 AM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know laws about me coming into VA with my piece and vice-versa. We have a great indoor range up here in north Rockville. Either way Im down to shoot holes in paper. Anyone is welcome to try my SW Sigma in .40cal

Old 08-21-2009, 06:28 AM
excellent guys. looks like a decent initial interest. i'm open to ranges either in MD or in VA.

jason - i've heard good things about the SW Sigma .40cal. I was thinking something like that as a start for me too. can you check in to the laws of you carrying over so you can utilize at a range on the VA side?

Old 08-21-2009, 07:01 AM
mark911 is infamous around these parts
I'm in

Old 08-21-2009, 07:04 AM
^^^great mark......

any suggestions on where we can go guys for those who have been in the VA/MD area? i most likely will need to rent/buy one as well. any thoughts???

thanks.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:22 AM
mark911 is infamous around these parts
Blue ridge @ 50 and 28 has an indoor range. They have rental although I think there will be plenty to go around.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:52 AM
05 amg is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by boochook
T-Roe - I'm willing to try out the S/W MODEL 29.....Is it the long barrel or short barrel? I thought Semi-Automatics would be a great start, so would love to learn more......Another thing Torey (little off topic, but you got a guy that can do a quick weld job on a steel leg of a dining room chair for me....allen mentioned Chris might be able to).....Thanks dude. Also, Russell did another TOP NOTCH job on the painting and patchwork. Thanks again for the hook-up.
8in barrel stainless steel you will look like dirty harry....

Old 08-21-2009, 08:25 AM
Mark - Sounds good, do we need to be members there or are they okay with walk-ins/appointments, etc

Torey - that's what I'm talking about....it'll knock me back on my ***....hahahahaah

Old 08-21-2009, 08:26 AM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
Originally Posted by DrivenAgain
I don't know laws about me coming into VA with my piece and vice-versa.

1. Firearms need to be out of reach of the driver/occupants (in trunk).
2. Unloaded, ammunition separate from firearm. Md. requires that magazines be unloaded.

Note:
I'd prefer a range that supports rifles as well as pistols (AR/AK goodness). Also - no requirement that ammo ($$$$ these days) be purchased only at that range.

ETA: Quoting from VA Code:

§ 18.2-308

B. This section shall not apply to any person while in his own place of abode or the curtilage thereof.

Except as provided in subsection J1, this section shall not apply to:

1. Any person while in his own place of business;

2. Any law-enforcement officer, wherever such law-enforcement officer may travel in the Commonwealth;

3. Any regularly enrolled member of a target shooting organization who is at, or going to or from, an established shooting range, provided that the weapons are unloaded and securely wrapped while being transported;

4. Any regularly enrolled member of a weapons collecting organization who is at, or going to or from, a bona fide weapons exhibition, provided that the weapons are unloaded and securely wrapped while being transported;

5. Any person carrying such weapons between his place of abode and a place of purchase or repair, provided the weapons are unloaded and securely wrapped while being transported;

Last edited by Estoril; 08-21-2009 at 08:38 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mid-Atlantic "Special Forces Club"