looking to get wheels painted

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 09:59 AM
cjaz is infamous around these parts
looking to get wheels painted

Hi.

Can anyone recommend a place that can paint my stock turbo twist's? I am looking to get them painted a gunmetal or anthracite color. The closer to philadelphia the better. thanks all

chris

Old 10-09-2009, 09:05 PM
pseto is infamous around these parts
powdercoating would be better than painting

Old 10-10-2009, 06:41 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
My daughter got an A in art last week. She's looking for work.

Down here in the Baltimore/DC area there are a few really good shops. Ye Old Wheel Shop, Wheel Refinisher. If you go on Bimmerforums and E90Post, there are quite a few BMW guys up your way that may help get you closer.

I agree with Paul to powdercoat. Did my twisties and they are holding up real well.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:27 AM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
There's a powder coating place in Manassas. They powder coat all types of stuff. If you take your wheels or even your car there they will take care of mounting the tires and whatnot when everything is done. They don't charge that much either. I have been meaning to go there, just never got around to it. Looking to get my twists painted a flat black.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:17 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Place in Manassas is ASC http://www.ascoweb.com/

I have had work done here and was completely satisfied.

Old 10-14-2009, 12:43 PM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
I was actually talking about this place:

http://www.extremepowdercoating.com/

Old 10-14-2009, 02:37 PM
cjaz is infamous around these parts
Thanks guys for the suggestions. it looks like a have a few options.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:19 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
I need to redo my rims. I will talk with both of the compaines listed and tell you guys what they want to powdercoat a set of Twists.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:51 PM
I just recently got my rims powdercoated there. I will post pics once I get around to washing the damn car!

I already curbed one of the rims, ARGH!! Worst curb I think I've ever done to any of my cars.

*edit* forgot to post a review.

They did a great job, and were really easy to work with. Good pricing too. I dropped the rims off with the tires still on them, they took them to a shop to remove them and put them back on. They also used nice balancing weights.

I believe total price was $785.

Last edited by st4rk; 03-09-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by st4rk
I just recently got my rims powdercoated there. I will post pics once I get around to washing the damn car!

I already curbed one of the rims, ARGH!! Worst curb I think I've ever done to any of my cars.

*edit* forgot to post a review.

They did a great job, and were really easy to work with. Good pricing too. I dropped the rims off with the tires still on them, they took them to a shop to remove them and put them back on. They also used nice balancing weights.

I believe total price was $785.

Dang Brady... you got bent over with that price. $125 should be top dollar for each for the entire wheel.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:57 PM
1 slow 97 is infamous around these parts
Honestly that place in manassas was the highest priced in the area when I checked around. Powder coating should run on the low side $50 to $125 max a wheel. Now I have not seen their work and maybe it's worth it, but I am happy with my $50 black powder coated wheels.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by X5owner
Honestly that place in manassas was the highest priced in the area when I checked around. Powder coating should run on the low side $50 to $125 max a wheel. Now I have not seen their work and maybe it's worth it, but I am happy with my $50 black powder coated wheels.
Can you post up the place that does it for $50 a wheel please? I'm looking to do my OEMs in Charcoal Metallic w/Clear.

Cheers,
Allen

Old 03-24-2010, 05:44 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by X5owner

At $50 a rim I have 8 to do. Please either PM me or post the contact info on where you got this done.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:35 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Gunther
At $50 a rim I have 8 to do. Please either PM me or post the contact info on where you got this done.
+1. I want to change my stock twist colors out.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:40 PM
1 slow 97 is infamous around these parts
Guys I apologize, I did my Z06 wheels 3 years ago and the guy charged me $50 a wheel(before the black wheel craze got huge). I guess he realized he could charge more and it looks like he now charges $105 a wheel. I am not sure if I can post a non suporting vendor, so PM me if you want the details. He is located in Glen Burnie.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: looking to get wheels painted