Failed MD Inspection because of after market suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 02:37 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Failed MD Inspection because of after market suspension

I sold my car and today the buyer calls asking if I have the stock suspension because it failed the MD inspection due the the car not having stock suspension. WTF? It has PSS9's, I bought the car with them already installed and it passed inspection that time. Anyone ever heard of this before?

Old 11-30-2009, 02:44 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
WTF??? Never heard of that before. That's BS. Did he take it to a Porsche Dealer or one of those Exxon's that doesn't know CRAP about these cars.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:18 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I expect he took it to a gas station, Berk. It's not my problem but he seems to need to helped along. I couldn't remember the name of the place that inspected it for me. It was next to a Indie Porsche place in Gaithersburg.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:46 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
I know that Maryland checks minimal height. Is it lowered?

Old 11-30-2009, 03:48 PM
Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !
What about the dealer? my local Porsche dealer does inspection and will let things slide because I'm a customer.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:07 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
john - here's what i'd do. have him go to Rockville Porsche or something. Do you have to go back to the exact same inspection station in MD? you're right. not your problem, but it's nice that you're trying to help him out. worst case, reach out to justinmm2. he's got a "strong" contact at Porsche of Annapolis who might be able to help. alan might be right in terms of maryland having a minimum ride height. most likely, this low rent exxon inspection station is not used to seeing cars like this.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
I have a guy here in Silver Spring about a 1/2 mile North of the Beltway on Rt 29, Colesville Rd. He can get you through.

Bill Wise at Burnt Mills Auto Service. 301-593-1100.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by Scott997
What about the dealer? my local Porsche dealer does inspection and will let things slide because I'm a customer.
Scott, the guy lives in SS. What dealer do you go to?

Old 11-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Scott we were posting at the same time. Thanks for the hook up.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Richard Kyle is the P tech up at Tischer. Called him last Friday to look at something loose in my tip and he looked at it and made a quick adjustment. Perfect.

The guy Bill is a friend through my Cobra club and he's a certified mechanic that runs BAP Racing out of the Burnt Mills shop I listed above. Works on Cobras, BMW's Chargers, Jeeps are coming in, mostly mod work. He's done my speings and has a Hunter alignment machine.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
The guy Bill is a friend through my Cobra club and he's a certified mechanic that runs BAP Racing out of the Burnt Mills shop I listed above. Works on Cobras, BMW's Chargers, Jeeps are coming in, mostly mod work. He's done my speings and has a Hunter alignment machine.
Awesome. I forwarded Bill's contact to the new owner and told him to say he was referred by you, the guy with the Cobra and Red TT.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Have the 'New' guy get in touch with me if he comes this way. I'll swing by the shop. It's only a couple miles away. Keep your car in the group if we can. Make sure he drives it like it's supposed to be driven.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:29 PM
It's not his first one, he had an '89. PM me your contact info and I'll forward it.

I'm not going away, I'll be picking up a 996TT in the Spring.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:25 AM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
John whichever inspection station/shop he went to is full of BS. I've had numerous cars inspected in MD and never had an issue with suspension height, you remember that speed yellow 996 that was 'low' and passed without any issues.

I don't want to put a spanner in the works but I think you have to return to the same inspection place but I'm not entirely sure.

Look forward to you're TT next year!

Last edited by Exlondoner; 12-01-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Kinda random story, but back in the day when I had a modded Dodge Neon, I got a fix-it ticket for bolt-on exhaust and when I took it to a shop to get checked, the guy wouldn't sign off on it because my car was lowered and wouldn't pass inspection. I was like "I'm not asking you to inspect the suspension, I'm asking you to inspect the exhaust!"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Failed MD Inspection because of after market suspension