Waving "HI" when on the road!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 06:24 PM
lakhoon is infamous around these parts
Waving "HI" when on the road!

I love it! Never experience it before, but I've ran across 3 P-cars in Fairfax and each time, they all waved or acknowledge me by flashing or raising the hand! I replied the same and will continue to do so!

I love the fact that each P-car respects each other!

Let's keep it up! ^^

lakhoon!

Old 01-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
I used to wave to other Mustang owners when I had mine. I don't wave to Fit owners though haha.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Harvey in MD is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lakhoon
I love it! Never experience it before, but I've ran across 3 P-cars in Fairfax and each time, they all waved or acknowledge me by flashing or raising the hand!
As you sure they weren't trying to tell you a cop with radar is just ahead since there are no radar detection devices in cars in VA.

Just kidding....lets keep the flash alive.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:05 AM
mihernan is a splendid one to beholdmihernan is a splendid one to beholdmihernan is a splendid one to beholdmihernan is a splendid one to beholdmihernan is a splendid one to beholdmihernan is a splendid one to beholdmihernan is a splendid one to beholdmihernan is a splendid one to behold
I guess it's a 911 thing because I get no love in the Boxster

Old 01-05-2010, 08:55 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
I wave or flash Boxsters the same as any other Porsche.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:01 AM
mihernan is a splendid one to beholdmihernan is a splendid one to beholdmihernan is a splendid one to beholdmihernan is a splendid one to beholdmihernan is a splendid one to beholdmihernan is a splendid one to beholdmihernan is a splendid one to beholdmihernan is a splendid one to behold
Well I guess it's mostly other Boxster owners that don't wave.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:52 AM
SEAN 996 is infamous around these partsSEAN 996 is infamous around these parts
I have seen several other p-cars and it is very unsual if they wave/ high beam back. Nice to hear that there are people out there keeping tradition alive. I'll keep trying.

On a side note, I was in a friends Vette and they are some of the friendliest people out there. Just an observation.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:21 PM
avonlady has a spectacular aura aboutavonlady has a spectacular aura about
If you guys like waves then try driving a jeep wrangler. Its about every 5 minutes you get one.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:29 PM
lakhoon is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SEAN 996
I have seen several other p-cars and it is very unsual if they wave/ high beam back. Nice to hear that there are people out there keeping tradition alive. I'll keep trying.

On a side note, I was in a friends Vette and they are some of the friendliest people out there. Just an observation.
What do you drive? Didn't see a signature... I live in Fairfax as well! I saw a nice Blk CarreraS or a 4S on Waple Mills Rd.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Paul_DC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by avonlady
If you guys like waves then try driving a jeep wrangler. Its about every 5 minutes you get one.
Yep, even the newer jeep wranglers do it now! Used to be only the hardcore Jeeps folks.

Vette owners and Harley owners do the wave too. Old school BMW drivers do the headlight flash as well...

Old 01-05-2010, 06:46 PM
SEAN 996 is infamous around these partsSEAN 996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lakhoon
What do you drive? Didn't see a signature... I live in Fairfax as well! I saw a nice Blk CarreraS or a 4S on Waple Mills Rd.
The one in my avatar, 2002 996tt. I have seen a couple of 997tt out in the Clifton area, on my way to work. I haven't seen that CarreraS or 4S.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Paul_DC

Vette owners and Harley owners do the wave too. Old school BMW drivers do the headlight flash as well...
Actually most people on bikes wave to each other, whether it be a Harley, sport bike, etc.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Paul_DC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tonk
Actually most people on bikes wave to each other, whether it be a Harley, sport bike, etc.
Ah, very cool. I did not know that.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:01 PM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
^ Yeah on bikes, I'd say 90% of riders show the left hand when seeing each other...learned it quickly when I started riding...

Porsches, I think it depends on the area...in areas where there are lots of boxsters or porsches in general, most of them wouldn't know why you're waving lol...similar feeling to when ppl in M3s drive around...you never know if that person is a fanatic or just another person...

Old 01-07-2010, 07:29 AM
Ken Lally is infamous around these parts
Viper guys flip each other off, never know whose car is faster.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Waving "HI" when on the road!