MIR Track Rental Feb. 27th 2010

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 03:08 PM
zambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura about
I am interested but I have never been on a track, and I am not sure if I want to put my vantage out there for my first stint. I know the car is more than capable, but it's more of a driver concern, lol.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:10 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by zambono
I am interested but I have never been on a track, and I am not sure if I want to put my vantage out there for my first stint. I know the car is more than capable, but it's more of a driver concern, lol.
This is a 1/4 mile track and actually the best place to learn is at a track rental. Lots of helpful people that will give you advice and show you the ropes. Also you get as many passes as you want and its great practice

Old 01-24-2010, 03:35 PM
zambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura about
I realized it was a 1/4 mile after posting, I think I am more interested in an actual track, more like VIR

Old 01-25-2010, 08:31 AM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by zambono
I realized it was a 1/4 mile after posting, I think I am more interested in an actual track, more like VIR
Ok, that's what I figured from your post. Road course tracks are alot of fun!

Old 01-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Schwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura about
When will the track open and how do you collect? Cash at gate?

Old 01-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Schwabe
When will the track open and how do you collect? Cash at gate?
Gates should open around 8:30AM (track itself wont be read til around 9; Usually a bit after) and they will be collecting cash at the gate (since it is a weekend rental).

Here are some pics from a 07 track rental we had that I came across today http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=461413

Old 01-25-2010, 04:54 PM
benz-o-rama is infamous around these partsbenz-o-rama is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Gates should open around 8:30AM (track itself wont be read til around 9; Usually a bit after) and they will be collecting cash at the gate (since it is a weekend rental).

Here are some pics from a 07 track rental we had that I came across today http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=461413

Crap. Have to join to see the pics. All I'm really interested in pics of my car.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by benz-o-rama
Crap. Have to join to see the pics. All I'm really interested in pics of my car.
I dont htink there are any of your car or my car lol

Old 01-27-2010, 08:34 AM
Kevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the rough
I am interested. COuld you email me the details if you have any spots left. Just not sure if I want to trailer one car down, or drive two. How would it work if I want to run two different cars?

kevin@bwdesigngrp.com

Old 01-27-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by Kevinw23
I am interested. COuld you email me the details if you have any spots left. Just not sure if I want to trailer one car down, or drive two. How would it work if I want to run two different cars?

kevin@bwdesigngrp.com
Email sent. It is basically $100/vehicle. If you bring 2 vehicles it would be $200. You could bring 1 car and have many drivers and just pay the $100 for the vehicle plus the $10 spectator fee for each additional driver. Hope that makes sense

Old 01-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Kevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the rough
Got it. My wife won't be around that day, so the Jeep wont be coming. But, I am definitely in for one car, and maybe 3 spectators. Can't wait.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Bad news... Gonna have to postpone to a weekday in March I just got a pic from MIR and they cant plow it because it will ruin the track surface

Old 02-18-2010, 08:35 PM
2SCOOPS is infamous around these parts
This sucks but I was thinking it was going to be too cold for me to head out there anyway. March will be better for us less hardcore guys that don't want to lean on our equipment. I don't like pushing my car when it's 37deg's out. Keep us posted with the new date Ahmad. The way this winter is going we may have snow on the ground until April.