Good detailer in Montgomery County Maryland?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 02:19 PM
997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks -

I'm still looking for one where I can drive my vehicle to and leave it for several hours near where I live or at least in the same county.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:59 AM
zaxjax is infamous around these parts
PM sent

Old 02-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
I'm also located in MC and will need the Exige detailed before the nice weather kicks in. It definately requires paint correction...

Old 02-19-2010, 11:50 AM
TTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the rough
Detailing

I had the same crap happen to me at Details Details Details they f'd up my wheels on my M3 too. He was trying to tell me that it was there before! Never going there again or recommending anyone to go there either. I've been going to Kensington auto wash and prep. It's not a fancy place but they do a fairly good job on detailing. They'll wash and vac your car while you wait takes them about a 20-30 mins if you want to get a quick hand wash only without interior they do that too. Not the best place but not the worst either. They're located on Howard Ave. in Kensington off of Strathmore Ave by Beach Rd. Give them a try and tell them Ron sent you. -Ron

Old 02-19-2010, 12:40 PM
997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by WHAT TURBO?
I had the same crap happen to me at Details Details Details they f'd up my wheels on my M3 too. He was trying to tell me that it was there before! Never going there again or recommending anyone to go there either. I've been going to Kensington auto wash and prep. It's not a fancy place but they do a fairly good job on detailing. They'll wash and vac your car while you wait takes them about a 20-30 mins if you want to get a quick hand wash only without interior they do that too. Not the best place but not the worst either. They're located on Howard Ave. in Kensington off of Strathmore Ave by Beach Rd. Give them a try and tell them Ron sent you. -Ron
Thanks but that's not exactly a glowing recommendation. Sounds like they are ok but not great. Not too far for me to go to though.

Old 02-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Volant997 is a jewel in the roughVolant997 is a jewel in the roughVolant997 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by benz-o-rama
DJ Mayo at http://www.reflectionsdetailing.org/index.html

He's a member here as well. Here's just a snapshot of what he was able to do with my horrible paint....

He also does the easy type of job you're looking for. He's in NOVA though...
+1 on recommending DJ. He's done two of my cars (paint correction both times) and done a neighbor's (wash/wax). Every time total satisfaction.

Old 02-20-2010, 03:28 PM
benz-o-rama is infamous around these partsbenz-o-rama is infamous around these parts
Yep, DJ is getting ready to do a touch up job on my SL600 here soon. The place that installed my tint a few weeks ago, also decided to install some swirls and clearcoat scratches, free of charge.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Just FYI for some of you locals to me... I also detail on the side. It is a passion for myself... I was a former Marine and I am somewhat OCD when it comes to cleaning and this goes for auto detailing as well.

You will not find a person around that will spend more time on a car for much cheaper than some that charge the same but spend half the time. Meaning, I usually spend anywhere from 12 to 16 hours on a car when doing a complete (cut and paint correction included if needed) exterior and interior detail and usually do so in the $300 dollar range. Keep in mind, I do not detail to generate revenue but do it primarily for the tax write-off benefit and owning a business name. I also do all work out of my own garage with top of the line products therefore my prices are much cheaper as I can pass the savings on to a customer.

I am a full time employee for the Federal Government and do details on the side and by word of mouth. This gets me plenty of business and keeps me busy throughout the year in my spare time.

That said, I thought I would post a quick note letting some of know you can consider me as another option as a detailer in the Northern Va area.

And to give you an example of one of the vehicles I detailed last year and would be considered somewhat difficult to a detailer.

Mustang Cobra - Few images showing before and after images of the car, complete wet sand and polish back to showroom condition.

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Beauty pics

Last edited by Almo; 02-20-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:50 PM
GTSilver997 is infamous around these parts
I'm bringing a very old thread back up, but curious if anyone can provide updated recommendations for detailers in Montgomery County area. I'm looking for very minor paint correction. More interior steam cleaning for a 20-year old car.

Thanks

Old 04-17-2012, 03:08 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Almo excellent work buddy! very impressive... I've heard good things about DJ Mayo also but he's quite far away for us folks in Baltimore or surrounding areas...and he's pricey $$$... Dan1 is good too I've heard good things about him, he's also in fairfax I believe.

As for MoCo in MD not really sure...

Old 04-17-2012, 05:20 PM
GTSilver997 is infamous around these parts
^^^ thanks. DJ seems to be the go to guy, and sounds like there are a number of good options in NOVA. There's got to be someone on our side of the river lol

Old 04-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Brian with the blue C6 Corvette does detailing also. His phone number is 443-889-6460. He lives in Hanover, MD.