$2500 repair...to do or not to do...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 08:07 AM
Euro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud of
10-15 miles is not enough to get the monitors to run. I usually take a customer's car home at night if I need the monitors to run. They will run on the trip into work in the morning. They may have forgot to reset the adaptive memory, but if the light is back on after that was done, it sounds like you need to have a talk with the service manager to request that a more experienced tech be assigned the job. Are the same codes coming back?

Last edited by Euro SC; 02-21-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Euro SC
10-15 miles is not enough to get the monitors to run. I usually take a customer's car home at night if I need the monitors to run. They will run on the trip into work in the morning. They may have forgot to reset the adaptive memory, but if the light is back on after that was done, it sounds like you need to have a talk with the service manager to request that a more experienced tech be assigned the job. Are the same codes coming back?
Well, I wasn't told any codes. I let them handle the issues but I am not sure what the problem is now. I will see what they have to say about it on Monday since they are closed. I never had any problems with other Nissans and Infiniti...This is frustrating.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
1st = Cat failed
2nd = F/A sensor failed, which they end up fixing it for free because they thought it was somewhat related to the cat.
3rd = F/A sensor...resetted ECU.
4th = O2 sensor failed/replaced for free.

Do I qualify for a lemon? hahaha...