Car storage in VA (Great Falls/Sterling area?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Ken Lally is infamous around these parts
Car storage in VA (Great Falls/Sterling area?)

Winter has beat my DDs to death..... I would really like to get my queens out of the garage into storage so I can garage my DDs...

Anyone know of a place here in VA?

Old 03-03-2010, 03:07 PM
mark911 is infamous around these parts
4 post lift...

With a lift, I was able to put off moving and storage for a couple years... but ended up moving anyway.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1

Last edited by mark911; 03-03-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:23 AM
Yeah, lifts are great but won't fit in my garage...I have stairs and a utility room that both push out in there and partially block the upper space (above 6ft), it's a drag - I want to move just for a 3 car garage with room for a lift, but cannot justify that with a 3 person family

Old 03-04-2010, 07:49 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Ken - I feel you. Same situation here where the garage is just not scoped right, but may check if someone's willing to come by to help me w/ measurements. Found a great house in Nokesville w/ 3 car garage w/ plenty of room for the lift but wifey wanted to move closer to FFX instead so we passed and the search continues.

If anyone's willing to come out to the house, ehem - ALMO, w/ measuring the garage, that would be great.

Ken - the only other suggestions I have are:

1.) You gotta be careful, but try Public Storage (may cost about $150/mth but could solve your immediate need)
2.) Find a garage downtown w/ long-term parking which could work
3.) Leave it at my house in Bristow - I'll take good care of her.....trust me ;-P

Berk

Originally Posted by Ken Lally
Yeah, lifts are great but won't fit in my garage...I have stairs and a utility room that both push out in there and partially block the upper space (above 6ft), it's a drag - I want to move just for a 3 car garage with room for a lift, but cannot justify that with a 3 person family

Old 03-04-2010, 08:28 AM
Hey Berk-

Public storage - never thought of that... I suppose if you had minimal gas they would prolly be ok with that, assuming the big 'ol MOPAR LX with fit in there..

Hey We should look into building custom homes... my dream is not so much a big house (too much waste for us) but a small SFH with a 3/4 car garage..... 2 BATHROOMS in the master BR, LOL, a HUGE fricken closet for the wife, LOL x2, an office, and extra storage. Houses today dont make sense... does anyone use their dining room or living room? What wasted space.......