Porsche Group meet??? Next weekend???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 05:32 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
I'm up for getting out however I will warn that my car is dirty and I have no access to a danged hose. I had it ALL cleaned up and got caught in the rain - argh! On the plus side the last wheel I'm waiting on ought to be here and I should have the new shoes fitted on the car

Drop it off at my place throughout the week and I'll detail it little by little through the week.

Better yet, give me a call at 571.921.2140.

By the way, how does the P car compare to your late Supra?

Old 03-08-2010, 06:35 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Any chance this can turn into a spirited cruise? Doesn't have to be long, just short and sweet twisties would be nice.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:16 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
I'm in. The idea of a drive afterwards is very nice.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
Don't forget the drive to rockville from Bristow if you're near there to start.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:47 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Almo
Drop it off at my place throughout the week and I'll detail it little by little through the week.

Better yet, give me a call at 571.921.2140.

By the way, how does the P car compare to your late Supra?

Hehe, you kidding? I'm driving it this week! Scared a coworker half to death today with a quick squirt - wasn't intentional I swear! Have we met before?

The Supra lagged a good bit more and I was going to move to a smaller turbo for more powerband. This car handles well but is not quite as comfy. Not twiddling the ECU is both a blessing and a curse - I want data dammit! This car seems to draw more attention, both good news and bad. All in all I like it but I'm not yet in love with it completely, still some burn over the last car I guess. I want to wrench on it some but parts prices are all over the map - mostly expensive and gains not always well documented. Being beholden to a tuner when they aren't around the corner and are busy as heck is tough.

Found out my exhaust is by MaxSpeed, headers too BTW and these are hybrid K24 turbos of some form. Seems to pull strong and spool well. I will admit to being curious about the billet turbos being talked about but only if they aren't cubic dollars I want intake pipes, likely with a blow thru MAF which of course requires a tune. Then I want intercoolers, Y-pipe, TB\plenum. I will likely need fuel in there somewhere - I have 60lb injectors now. So, yeah it snowballs! Just want to make everything efficient....

So guys we doing this? I have no idea when or where to show up but I'm interested in meeting up and checking out other cars and exhausts especially! I'm coming out of Herndon near 28 and Frying Pan...

Old 03-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
Hehe, you kidding? I'm driving it this week! Scared a coworker half to death today with a quick squirt - wasn't intentional I swear! Have we met before?

The Supra lagged a good bit more and I was going to move to a smaller turbo for more powerband. This car handles well but is not quite as comfy. Not twiddling the ECU is both a blessing and a curse - I want data dammit! This car seems to draw more attention, both good news and bad. All in all I like it but I'm not yet in love with it completely, still some burn over the last car I guess. I want to wrench on it some but parts prices are all over the map - mostly expensive and gains not always well documented. Being beholden to a tuner when they aren't around the corner and are busy as heck is tough.

Found out my exhaust is by MaxSpeed, headers too BTW and these are hybrid K24 turbos of some form. Seems to pull strong and spool well. I will admit to being curious about the billet turbos being talked about but only if they aren't cubic dollars I want intake pipes, likely with a blow thru MAF which of course requires a tune. Then I want intercoolers, Y-pipe, TB\plenum. I will likely need fuel in there somewhere - I have 60lb injectors now. So, yeah it snowballs! Just want to make everything efficient....

So guys we doing this? I have no idea when or where to show up but I'm interested in meeting up and checking out other cars and exhausts especially! I'm coming out of Herndon near 28 and Frying Pan...
Have we met...

Old 03-09-2010, 10:35 AM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
If the work schedule is allowed, and the weather is great, count me in.

otherwise I will be stuck here at my Yogurt shop,

now, if you all want to make another 20 min drive from rockville to my shop, feel free to do so! I will make sure to bring two turbo porsches at least!!

Old 03-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Schwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura about
how about some gas John???

Old 03-09-2010, 02:20 PM
987Box is infamous around these parts
Emmm....frozen yogurts does sound good

Old 03-09-2010, 05:12 PM
SEAN 996 is infamous around these partsSEAN 996 is infamous around these parts
I think I can make this meet, weather permitting.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Right now the weather is socked in. If it's calling for rain, I'm out. If not, I'll coordinate on Saturday. If it doesn't work out, maybe the following weekend, if I don't head to Atlanta?

Mike

Old 03-09-2010, 07:40 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Almo
Have we met...
Lol dude, I am SO bad with names it's not funny - no offense really! Maybe met you locally at a cruise?

Will be very cool if this goes off, faces to handles is always good and communication is often better in person!

Edit: New wheels\tires on but no center caps yet. Posting a pic in the other forum in a few moments.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
Rockville meet up for sunday is rescheduled to 21st due to projections of rain.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:07 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
I'm out this weekend because of weather and the rear wing is still off my car at the paint shop. Can't make it next weekend because I'll be doing the SCCA Flaggers School at Summit Point. Hope to meet up with you guys later, maybe at IMA on the 28th.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:56 PM
TMAC is infamous around these parts
I won't be going any where this weekend. I plan to stay in due to the weather.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Group meet??? Next weekend???