Clear Bra Installed from Auto Armour

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 08:13 AM
doug2255 has a spectacular aura aboutdoug2255 has a spectacular aura about
Clear Bra Installed from Auto Armour

Cliff of Auto Armour just completed a full front clip wrap, using Venture Shield on my PCar.

The entire experience with Cliff was outstanding! Very knowledgeable, professional and a pleasure to deal with.

While the process of researching clear bras, and finding an installer was not fun, I am very lucky I found Cliff.

This is my 1st experience with a clear bra as in the past I was not a believer.

As far the present and future, this is a nice way to start - The install looks fantastic.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:39 PM
HTP
HTP is infamous around these parts
Close up pics would be nice...

Old 03-11-2010, 03:12 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Glad you had a good experience. I recently had a full wrap of my car done at Metropolitan detail and had a terrific experience. Good to see that their work is being acknowledged by such posts which will hopefully translate into some business from fellow 6speeders. Now we need pictures.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:47 AM
Blade929 is infamous around these parts
Cliff did my front clip as well. Excellent results, my pictures are here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tallation.html

Old 04-11-2010, 07:42 PM
atleung is infamous around these partsatleung is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the recommendation, Doug. It worked out very well. Cliff and his team custom wrapped the whole car for me. A lot of people claimed to be clear bra expert installers, but it took a long time to find someone who seemed to really know what they're about. Cliff used the method where the edges of the film are tucked in exposing no edges or seams, not everywhere on the car but close to it. Most people who saw the car could not tell it had clear film on it. I'm very happy with their work. The hood of my previous 997 looked like it was sand blasted thanks to Summit Point. This should help a lot. Note I had them remove all the decals before applying the film, because I did not want to risk having air bubbles around the decals. I will be re-applying a modified version of the decals. Here are a few pictures of the finished product.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:45 PM
OK, I can't help it. Here are a few more.

...and, my favorite:

Old 04-11-2010, 08:36 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Pictures speak louder than words. Great job.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:48 PM
avonlady has a spectacular aura aboutavonlady has a spectacular aura about
Great shots. Great cars.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:39 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Hot car! The RS ain't bad either

Old 04-13-2010, 06:54 AM
Originally Posted by deckman
Hot car! The RS ain't bad either
You, sir, have good taste!

Old 04-13-2010, 11:14 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Put all the decals back on Al. It makes the car look hot. PM me the price they charged you and where are they located.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:49 PM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
I haven't done much picture uploading here on 6 Speed and the max file sizes are pretty small.... let me see what I can do to get some work-in-progress photos up here that are descent quality

This is my first try on this one. If works I'll post a series on the project.

We've wrapped plenty whole cars before but never a 997 based one, before Carrera GTs, Veyrons, rare Ferraris and Lamborghinis (esp. corp. owned Lambos that were production rarities like #000 of 350 of the new Murci SVs that was going on US press tour and then to final resting place at Lambo HQ museum in Sant'Agata Bolognese. ... the SVs are supposedly the last last of the Murcis to be built and the chassis dates all the way back to Countach so it was the first of the last last for a very very long chassis run and a car they wanted to keep dead pristine... that very car was actually on cover of Road & Track I think Sept. behind the Orange Balboni).

This new RS was a very nice project for us to undertake... and this destined-to-be-valuable-collector car that will be tracked happens to be one that I think makes sense to wrap completely. We very frequently get requests to wrap whole car but we are candid with people if we don't think worth it on a fairly run-of-mill production car that won't be used much and we'll tell them that, but if they insist we'll do it and it will be relatively flawless. Juxtapose, full front clip wraps (everything forward of front doors) are the norm for us for luxury & exotic cars and we do aprx. 10 of those a week, including another Gray-Black 2010 GT3 RS we did recently that if owner is ok with I'll post pictures of it too.

This Gray-Black color is dead flat with zero metallic flake or pearl so it will show ANY defect whatsoever put into the film during application and there is a whole toolbox full of techniques and tricks to avoid that happening. On a scale of 1-10 this full car install on this car would definitly be a 10+.

...assuming it comes thru half viewable.... this is a good one to show "not for amateurs, don't try this at home"

Attached Images  
Old 04-13-2010, 03:57 PM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
Originally Posted by WeisachWilli
I haven't done much picture uploading here on 6 Speed and the max file sizes are pretty small.... let me see what I can do to get some work-in-progress photos up here that are descent quality
OK - that little thumbnail pretty much sucks even when expanded

What is the technique to get those nice hi-res pics embedded in the post?

I'm not a totally techno-idiot but all my jpeg files are way too big & saving as other file types doesn't help

Old 04-16-2010, 08:35 AM
doug2255 has a spectacular aura aboutdoug2255 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by atleung
Thanks for the recommendation, Doug. It worked out very well. Cliff and his team custom wrapped the whole car for me. A lot of people claimed to be clear bra expert installers, but it took a long time to find someone who seemed to really know what they're about.
It really looks like Cliff did another outstanding job!!

Your "rides" are outstanding - great cars - both of them.

I really need to post some pis of mine......