Help with a bent wheel issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 07:35 PM
TMAC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Make sure you don't run staggered wheels on your quattro car, or at least run the same size tires. It will cause damage to the trans

Edit: never mind, just read your other post more carefully, picking up another 2 wheels. What do you have done to your S4? Did you see my buddies silver B5 S4 at the meet? Built motor with GT2871's!!!

Yep, I know all about the staggered curse on the AWD cars. Thanks for the reminder though.

Yes I did talk with him, cool guy. I currently have all the bolt ons as I told him but am looking for the right tubo kit. My car turned 100k not that long ago and I want to do a full engine refresh at the same time as the turbo replacement. I guess I seeing cars like his might help me make up my mind.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Cayenne911 is infamous around these parts
S wheels can be used on many applications....

Check out this guys: http://www.wheeldynamics.com/AA%2003-04-06%20121.jpg

Nice photos by the way.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:51 AM
Originally Posted by Cayenne911
S wheels can be used on many applications....

Check out this guys: http://www.wheeldynamics.com/AA%2003-04-06%20121.jpg

Nice photos by the way.
I have never seen them on an EVO before, that was interesting.
Thanks

Old 03-28-2010, 06:59 AM
zambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura about
i had a wheel done in ye ole shop in MD a while back. they are supposedly the best in the area, just don't expect any good customer service. lol. my Mazdaspeed 6 took a nice one as well this winter on 495. I noticed a week ago that it is so big that my tire is deformed at the impact spot.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by zambono
i had a wheel done in ye ole shop in MD a while back. they are supposedly the best in the area, just don't expect any good customer service. lol. my Mazdaspeed 6 took a nice one as well this winter on 495. I noticed a week ago that it is so big that my tire is deformed at the impact spot.
Thanks for the info. This sucks because these wheels are just a year old.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:43 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
My friend just got his done recently by Wheel Doctor in Gaithersburg, MD and said turnaround was only a few days and they look great. He said it cost $200/wheel. I am probably going to get them to refinish my kinesis wheels

Old 03-28-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
My friend just got his done recently by Wheel Doctor in Gaithersburg, MD and said turnaround was only a few days and they look great. He said it cost $200/wheel. I am probably going to get them to refinish my kinesis wheels
Thanks blackbenzz, I will look into them too.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by TMAC
I have never seen them on an EVO before, that was interesting.
Thanks
Yeah, I had to do a double take the first time I saw that....

Old 04-01-2010, 05:14 AM
zambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura about
@TMAC I saw your rims at the meet. is that matte black? I am still undecided if I want polished black or matte. every rim I see that is matte looks worn down and just dirty, but yours looked very good.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:52 AM
@TMAC I saw your rims at the meet. is that matte black? I am still undecided if I want polished black or matte. every rim I see that is matte looks worn down and just dirty, but yours looked very good.
Here's a photo of a Carrera S wheel or "Lobster Claw" in Flat and a Turbo Twist in Matte Finish and a Carrera Light Weight Wheel in Gloss Black.

Attached Images    
Old 04-01-2010, 11:05 AM
The damage was on my Audi S4 not my Porsche thank goodness.
I am not happy about the damage period but I would rather it be on that car.

I just keep my wheels clean. It took me a while to decide on the flat black finish but I do really like them.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Cayenne911
Here's a photo of a Carrera S wheel or "Lobster Claw" in Flat and a Turbo Twist in Matte Finish and a Carrera Light Weight Wheel in Gloss Black.
I have a set of the Lobster Claws in gloss black that I use to run on my Carrera. They are 19s so the rears were just a little too wide.

I really like them in the flat black finish you posted. I need to find two more front wheels so I can use them on my S4. I think they look great on the white RS4 Avant I posted on the 1st page of this thread.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:41 AM
i am very undecided but I think the gloss will be easier to upkeep and since I have a bright yellow car might work out better as well.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:54 AM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
Thread revival - anyone with more good/bad experiences? A friend my mine wrecked a wheel a couple days back.