Rts 15/340 Frederick, MD Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 03:34 PM
live2boutside is infamous around these parts
Rts 15/340 Frederick, MD Today

While taking my son to his soccer game in Germantown, MD ..... I caught the sight and sound of a group of Mustangs, along with several Porsches, heading west out of Frederick, MD on Rt 15/340. It was around 10:30 am this morning. 6speeder's were my first thought.

My son's team won their game ... 4 to 2. So it was a good morning all the way around!

Old 04-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Niiiiiiice!

Old 04-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
Old 04-12-2010, 08:50 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
No, that was me, along with one other Carrera, and my Cobra group running out to Summit for Kart racing. Those karts are extremely addictive. We had 20 racers and 10 to do arrive and drive. Picture perfect day for all the fun to be had.

Scott

Old 04-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
No, that was me, along with one other Carrera, and my Cobra group running out to Summit for Kart racing. Those karts are extremely addictive. We had 20 racers and 10 to do arrive and drive. Picture perfect day for all the fun to be had.

Scott
Scott,

How much does something like that cost if I wanted to participate? I am interested!

-V

Old 04-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
We had a group discount at $65 per person for four runs. Warm up. Two qualifying runs, and then an official race. If you sign up without a membership it would ru $75 a head. Here are my pics. Nevermind the Cobras. They have plenty of P car shots on their cameras, though, lol.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5.../MACA%20Karts/

Old 04-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Banned
Scott,

Do I have to take a beginner's class or anything since I've never been on the track before w/carts?

Old 04-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Nope. They have helmets and fire suits all lined up. It's all computerized. You give yourself a race name and you get clocked and actually race the clock. Get a print out of all racers by lap. You see that each lap you get better. Unless you hit one of two slick spots. Then you're done.

Arrive and drive is more expensive. $25 per session.

Last edited by Scott in SS MD; 04-12-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
Nope. They have helmets and fire suits all lined up. It's all computerized. You give yourself a race name and you get clocked and actually race the clock. Get a print out of all racers by lap. You see that each lap you get better. Unless you hit one of two slick spots. Then you're done.

Arrive and drive is more expensive. $25 per session.
Nice, next time you go w/your group...if you don't mind, can you PM me as I would like to tag along?

Old 04-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Sure, will do. I would actually like to get a group here to go up for a run. We left DC at 10:15. Picked up a small group in Frederick and were on the track by 1. Done by 3. Could be home by 4-5, but we went to a friends for a bbq around the corner. definately a ga-reat time. I can't wait to do it again.

EDIT: Cort, let me put it this way. We had three or four guys that race Summit Frequently. A young girl had the best lap time of the day. Even beat a ringer they brought in to show us up. It's shows anyone can have a blast doing this.

Scott

Last edited by Scott in SS MD; 04-12-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Gosh... I see some Cobra buddies, wish I was free... I would have made it a point to go.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:56 AM
SEAN 996 is infamous around these partsSEAN 996 is infamous around these parts
Scott,

I'd be interested in doing a 6speeder group Kart day.

Chris

Old 04-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Paul_DC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SEAN 996
Scott,

I'd be interested in doing a 6speeder group Kart day.

Chris
Ditto, would love to join.

Not to tangent, but anyone do the indoor one in Leesburg / Ashburn?

Old 04-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by Paul_DC
Ditto, would love to join.

Not to tangent, but anyone do the indoor one in Leesburg / Ashburn?
No, not at all. I actually asked this of the guys who had done it. They say they will never go back to Ashburn now that they know about Summit. No comparison. Of course, the winter months you may need to go to Ashburn for your driving fix during the snowy months.