BMW E30 M3 Service in Virginia or nearby?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Paul_DC is infamous around these parts
BMW E30 M3 Service in Virginia or nearby?

Anyone have a recommended shop to do a full fluid / filter change (oil, radiator, brake - prob not diff though), spark plug, and coolant hose replacement (13 pc Samco coolant hose kit that I have), plus induction hose. I have the 14 hoses on order, but not the fluids or filters. Also will include a carpet replacement (not cutting the carpet, but lifting the heater core up etc) for the car as well.

I've met a few people from a some greats shops for newer cars on here, but trying to find someone with experience working on E30s. I am a borderline PITA (ok, a royal PITA) with this car, and want to be sure I find someone I can work with. Anyone have any first hand experience with RRT or Curry's for BMW service? Anywhere else?

No urgency to the above, just thought I would get the car sorted before the end of May.

BTW, I tried a search, but did not find much.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Heard some good things about RRT, but also heard some terrible things about Curry's.. I personally don't have any experience with either shops, but you should ask on m3forum.net. They will probably give you more info about RRT

Old 04-14-2010, 06:58 AM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
I would opt for RRT, a close friend with an M3 swears by them. Good luck with you're search either way.

PS post some pics up of the E30 M3, still imo the best M they made.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:54 PM
djParis has a spectacular aura aboutdjParis has a spectacular aura about
Curry's broke two of my tire pressure sensors in a set of wheels I had a couple years back. They asked me if I wanted them replaced, and I said "you're damn right I do" naturally thinking that since they broke them they would be paying for replacements. Boy was I wrong, they charged me for new sensors and wouldn't release the car unless I paid for them, then on top of that I had to take the car back to the dealer to get the sensors reset.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Paul_DC is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the tips guys. Going to try RRT. Will post how it goes...

Old 04-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
The guy that owns london auto service in falls church has 3 or 4 E30 M3s... I would go there.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:19 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
Only time anyone touches my car that's not me is when they have equipment I don't own. I can't to alignments or tire changes.

That's about it. I bring the wheels to the shop, if need be, for tire changes. For alignments, I give someone specs and I hope they can do it right.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:04 AM
thewiseguy is infamous around these parts
Just so you guys know we are now working on BMWs at IMA motorsports. We have most of the factory tools. And factory trained techs.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:07 PM
RaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the rough
Funktion Auto is certified BMW, and IMA works on anything German.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:52 PM
thewiseguy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RaminGTI20
Funktion Auto is certified BMW, and IMA works on anything German.
I am a factory certified BMW master tech, currently working at IMA and have a long background with M cars and racing. I would love to see more BMWs in the shop

Old 05-19-2010, 06:40 AM
GT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant future
Do not go to Funktion...total garbage...

RRT racing would be my number 1 choice, ask for Barry or James and tell them Pejman sent you. He will really hook you up

I trust him with my CLS, Lambo, Aston and anything else I drive or have driven in the past...