2011 Turbo S Cab or 2007 430 Spyder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 09:02 AM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
Performance wise the new 997TT would kill a 430 in every category hands down.... even if a heavy cab

0-60 2.9sec, 1/4 mi. flat 11???? Come on. That is faster than half the cars trailered to a drag strip.... and it isn't even meant to be a drag car.

I work around Ferraris all the time so maybe I'm jaded.... but plain vanilla 430??? Big yawn. And when the 458s start showing up around June a plain Jane 430 will really be a "oh big deal".... it will be about like seeing a 355 on the road now... cool yeah... drop jaw... not really.

430 Scuderia.... ahh maybe.... but still think a new 997TT would kill it, drag, road track, skid pad, whatever.

But I can fully understand numbers on paper aren't always the end all and "cool factor" (percieved anyway) definitely plays into long term how one will keep liking a car.

Also though as others said Ferrari maintenance is a real bend-over experience and very few choices for where to get proper services in mid-Atlantic, even the non dealership guys are used to rich clients who don't mind 5 figure bills (left of the decimal) every time they touch the car.

997TT way more modifiable.... some mods and nothing would touch it

There are PLENTY PLENTY nice pre-owned 430s around now. They are all showing up for sale now in anticipation of current owners' 458 deliveries... you know those real Ferrari ballers all place order for next as soon as take delivery of current buy.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:06 AM
AvusRS6 is infamous around these partsAvusRS6 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rvhpno80
430 all the way, just because you dont see them around, especially if its going to be your weekend car. If yo are buying a ferrari to begin with you have to money to repair it anyway so go for it. Remember the attention your going to get as well, for example going to starbucks for coffee wont be the same anymore, you are going to have people walking around your car and taking pictures, so you have to ask yourself do you want that attention, if so go for it. DONT FORGET about the POLICE......
I already know what that's like. Last time, kids especially, are the ones that surround the car the most.

Pej, you're right the 911 will depreciate much faster. Heck, the GT2 lost 25% of it's value in less than 1 year.

Im not so much concerned about maintenance cost on the 430 and not too concerned about modding the 911. Finding a decently priced 07 - 08 430 Sypder is tougher than I thought it would be. Don't know why prices have goine up in the last 2 months when the 458 is coming.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by WeisachWilli
Performance wise the new 997TT would kill a 430 in every category hands down.... even if a heavy cab

0-60 2.9sec, 1/4 mi. flat 11???? Come on. That is faster than half the cars trailered to a drag strip.... and it isn't even meant to be a drag car.

I work around Ferraris all the time so maybe I'm jaded.... but plain vanilla 430??? Big yawn. And when the 458s start showing up around June a plain Jane 430 will really be a "oh big deal".... it will be about like seeing a 355 on the road now... cool yeah... drop jaw... not really.

430 Scuderia.... ahh maybe.... but still think a new 997TT would kill it, drag, road track, skid pad, whatever.

But I can fully understand numbers on paper aren't always the end all and "cool factor" (percieved anyway) definitely plays into long term how one will keep liking a car.

Also though as others said Ferrari maintenance is a real bend-over experience and very few choices for where to get proper services in mid-Atlantic, even the non dealership guys are used to rich clients who don't mind 5 figure bills (left of the decimal) every time they touch the car.

There are PLENTY PLENTY nice pre-owned 430s around now. They are all showing up for sale now in anticipation of current owners' 458 deliveries... you know those real Ferrari ballers all place order for next as soon as take delivery of current buy.
Hell, my PanaTT is probably faster than the 430 but I'm not really factoring 0-60 and 1/4 mile times but rather more of a overall fun and excitement factor.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:07 AM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
You've always wanted the ferrari or a CGT and you've already had a 997TT so I think you are making thr ight choice in getting the F430. Good luck finding one

Old 04-22-2010, 11:10 AM

Curious as to why a "plain vanilla 430" is a big yawn? Unless the P car is a GT2 or Carrera GT, is that a "big yawn" as well?

Old 04-22-2010, 11:55 AM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
Originally Posted by AvusRS6
Curious as to why a "plain vanilla 430" is a big yawn? Unless the P car is a GT2 or Carrera GT, is that a "big yawn" as well?
I don't mean it like "yawn yawn yawn" but like you're saying about GT2 and CGT for Porsches.... given there are Scuderias & 16Ms the plain 430s are just...well.... plain.

They are just the basic of the basic entry when it comes to Ferrari.... the Boxster of the lot. And the 458 is much more different from the 430 than the 430 was to the 360 (aesthetically and I believe mechanically too) so when 458 is here it really will be an old model car. The 360s and 430s if someone didn't know what they were looking at they wouldn't know difference, so essentially 360s have been current model-ish for what something over a decade.... you'll have about 10 weeks of current-model appeal buying a 430 now.

I've never owned a Ferrari and am not looking for one so admittedly my opinion is total outsider other than I'm around them all the time.

That said... for me... a CGT or GT2 (or a GT3 for that matter) are all well a league above a 430 in overall rarity, performance etc. Further than that, any day I'd rather have a 993TT than a plain 430.

I guess what I'm saying is... if you want performance the 430 is not the winner, and if you want cool appeal a plain 430 isn't going to be near as cool post June/458 as it is now. And cool factor for the new 997TT.... they pretty much look like the ones made past 5 years, but if you're into performance they surely are not.

If something sets a 430/360 apart people who know notice, i.e. a stick... or a 360 Stradale... now if you're talking a Stradale that is one bad *** car and that vs. new 997TT would probably be a differnt outcome for me.... maybe same for 430 Scuderia.

I had a CGT for about a month and let me tell you.... that is one serious serious automobile. CGT and 430 shouldn't even be mentioned in same breath in my assessment. I can also tell you, fully punch a 430 and what you'll get vs. a GT2 or CGT will be pretty disappointing.

I guess I just have a real appreciation for what the new TT really is and I'm not one big into what people think when they see me or sidewalk profiling my ride so don't really care how gawk-inspiring it is.... and that new TT is one bad ride... but if you've had a GT2 I guess you understand that.

How about a LP560???? Now were talking!!! Cool and blistering fast.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:58 PM
WeisachWilli, GREAT you just made my decison that much tougher, thanks dude! Just kidding...CGT would be an interesting purchase for sure if I can find one. Man you're really getting me to not want to get the F430 Spyder now. Your points are very valid for sure. I know me very well...I'm going to complain about performace. I did with the 07 Coupe plus hardly drove it due to schedule of work and travel. My honest first choice was GT2 but wife was like "that looks like a regular 911"...hahahah. I don't know now....ARGGGG

Old 04-22-2010, 03:02 PM
I don't mean it like "yawn yawn yawn" but like you're saying about GT2 and CGT for Porsches.... given there are Scuderias & 16Ms the plain 430s are just...well.... plain.

They are just the basic of the basic entry when it comes to Ferrari.... the Boxster of the lot. And the 458 is much more different from the 430 than the 430 was to the 360 (aesthetically and I believe mechanically too) so when 458 is here it really will be an old model car. The 360s and 430s if someone didn't know what they were looking at they wouldn't know difference, so essentially 360s have been current model-ish for what something over a decade.... you'll have about 10 weeks of current-model appeal buying a 430 now.

I've never owned a Ferrari and am not looking for one so admittedly my opinion is total outsider other than I'm around them all the time.

That said... for me... a CGT or GT2 (or a GT3 for that matter) are all well a league above a 430 in overall rarity, performance etc. Further than that, any day I'd rather have a 993TT than a plain 430.

I guess what I'm saying is... if you want performance the 430 is not the winner, and if you want cool appeal a plain 430 isn't going to be near as cool post June/458 as it is now. And cool factor for the new 997TT.... they pretty much look like the ones made past 5 years, but if you're into performance they surely are not.

If something sets a 430/360 apart people who know notice, i.e. a stick... or a 360 Stradale... now if you're talking a Stradale that is one bad *** car and that vs. new 997TT would probably be a differnt outcome for me.... maybe same for 430 Scuderia.

I had a CGT for about a month and let me tell you.... that is one serious serious automobile. CGT and 430 shouldn't even be mentioned in same breath in my assessment. I can also tell you, fully punch a 430 and what you'll get vs. a GT2 or CGT will be pretty disappointing.

I guess I just have a real appreciation for what the new TT really is and I'm not one big into what people think when they see me or sidewalk profiling my ride so don't really care how gawk-inspiring it is.... and that new TT is one bad ride... but if you've had a GT2 I guess you understand that.

How about a LP560???? Now were talking!!! Cool and blistering fast.
LP560 Sypder perhaps? You know when you talk to F-Car guys they all say "it drives funny", the Lambo guys love em, and the P-Car guys seem more neutral about em. I did consider the LP560 Spyder and it's FAST and looks pretty sexy.

Old 04-22-2010, 03:16 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !

well said.....

Old 04-22-2010, 03:35 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Old 04-22-2010, 04:15 PM
GT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant future
Alex, Stop listening to the 911 turbo crowd...at the end of the day, the F430 Spyder is one of the sickest drops on the market and outstanding performance all around. You have a Porsche 4 door, thats enough...The F car is much more baller and enjoyable in terms of status. Prices are sticking the past month, I ve noticed that too BUT there are good deals, you just have to look daily and act fast...I lost one I found due to PPI and another cause someone beat me to the deposit.

Depreciation is insane on new exotics, porsche, ferrari, aston...are all the same...You drive it off the lot and loose 30K

You can pick up a low mileage feerari for a reasonable amount and dump it for less than a 10K loss at the most over a year (which we know you wont keep the car that long)

To the argument that the 458 is hotter...To me the F430 is much much HOTTER than the 458, even if its slower and not as futuristic looking...it simply has more appeal, plus Alex isnt a track junky and I dont think its the purpose of the car.

Just my .02cents

Carrera GT is super HOT but also super expensive to drive...makes you want to garage it always.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:16 PM
GT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant future
This is hot, but i think Lambos dont have near the class that some ferrari have and I think it doesnt suit him or match his persona...but yet, I could be wrong

Old 04-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by AvusRS6
LP560 Sypder perhaps? You know when you talk to F-Car guys they all say "it drives funny", the Lambo guys love em, and the P-Car guys seem more neutral about em. I did consider the LP560 Spyder and it's FAST and looks pretty sexy.

F guys say LP560 "drives funny" cuz they are typically looking at its ***-end getting smaller and smaller in the distance.

560 Spyders are really nice, close to same performance as coupes.... I'm not a drop top person myself but they definitely have their merits esp. when their is a skirt involved in purchase / passenger seat.... resale too I believe.

I believe you'll be hard pressed to find a CGT anywhere close to 430 / LP560 $s and I know the CGT prices are VERY mileage sensitive and their is nothing worse than a car that makes you feel guilty driving it. I have seen some around that are "track beaters" but even they cost what a new 430 / LP 560 does... but then again a CGT really really is a LeMans prototype race designed car turned street legal so it isn't like it is fragile.... how they got away with that I'll never know.

If you could find one and pull it off..... CGT is like buying an icon that will never not be a total icon and it flies like the god Mercury... roofs off every bit as good as a full drop top butter better, roofs on every bit as good as a hard top... sound... performance..... you'd have to get into F40/F50/Porsche GT1/Koenigsegg or something crazy like that territory to come close to compare.

LP560s do take major depreciation hit at first-buy so pre-owneds can be good deals, and a lot of that typical Lambo type silly money is gone now so they are around for sale.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by GT650-25
Alex, Stop listening to the 911 turbo crowd...at the end of the day, the F430 Spyder is one of the sickest drops on the market and outstanding performance all around. You have a Porsche 4 door, thats enough...The F car is much more baller and enjoyable in terms of status. Prices are sticking the past month, I ve noticed that too BUT there are good deals, you just have to look daily and act fast...I lost one I found due to PPI and another cause someone beat me to the deposit.

Depreciation is insane on new exotics, porsche, ferrari, aston...are all the same...You drive it off the lot and loose 30K

You can pick up a low mileage feerari for a reasonable amount and dump it for less than a 10K loss at the most over a year (which we know you wont keep the car that long)

To the argument that the 458 is hotter...To me the F430 is much much HOTTER than the 458, even if its slower and not as futuristic looking...it simply has more appeal, plus Alex isnt a track junky and I dont think its the purpose of the car.

Just my .02cents

Carrera GT is super HOT but also super expensive to drive...makes you want to garage it always.

Have you seen a 458 in the flesh? If so still like 430 compared to?

I love the 599 for a GT car.... but I'd take a LP560 over any 430/Scud any day.... it is the perfect blend of Italian engine panache and German stoutness and meticulous attention to detail around all else. I do often see both fresh off the boat from factory so maybe jaded.... you should see some of the spunk delivered from Maranello.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:49 AM
dwpers is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GT650-25
100% F430...I am looking for a coupe myself
Boy oh boy if I could afford one of these...
Hell if I could afford an old F355 I'd be happy! Or even a used Porsche 944 (see a trend here? )

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2011 Turbo S Cab or 2007 430 Spyder