?? VA Traffic Law ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 10:52 AM
vincentw is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PixieLuv
I found this, but reminds me of that repealed law
"If you are a VA driver, you will be subject to the reckless driving $1050 surcharge payable to the VA DMV on top of the court fine if the judge does not reduce."
http://www.speedingticketcentral.com...ng-ticket.html

This isn't a new law. It was removed (or whatever you call it), and starting July 1, it is being brought back. I think the starting fine is $1050, but it can go as high as $3550.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:04 PM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
VA can BLOW me. That's just one of the many reasons why I am no longer a VA resident. It's not as if they don't already put their hand in your pockets repeatedly.

CW

Old 05-21-2010, 06:58 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
I just sent a message to the VA Gov office asking if his Office had considered going to one license plate per car; for a smart budget cut for VA in this economy.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Ken Lally is infamous around these parts
I've lived in NOVA for 44 years and have NEVER been pulled over for not having a front tag.... both my Viper and my SRT are now 5 years old and have never had a front tag.....

I say take the risk - you might get a ticket if they pull you over for something ELSE.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:53 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
^^^Me likey likey.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:28 PM
mangle is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vincentw
This isn't a new law. It was removed (or whatever you call it), and starting July 1, it is being brought back. I think the starting fine is $1050, but it can go as high as $3550.

Tell me you're kidding? wtf?

Old 05-23-2010, 07:29 AM
Chris D. is infamous around these parts
I can't find any evidence they are bringing this back. All the references online trace back to the original law that was repealed. This appears to be no more than a sh*t house rumor based upon outdated information.

Last edited by Chris D.; 05-23-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:51 PM
1 slow 97 is infamous around these parts
I always carry the front tag with me in the car, if I see the po po I quickly throw the plate on the dash and hope for the best. It seems like Fairfax, arlington county, etc have nothing better to do sometimes than ticket people for easy offences. I also put the tag in the dash when I park in DC or in Arlington as thats an easy ticket for the meter maid to write.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:33 AM
BenM3 is infamous around these parts
They can pull you over for both offenses only. I have been pulled over for both tint and no front tag. Got 1 ticket for the tint and a warning for no front tag. I now have a medical waiver for my tint so don't have to worry about it anymore. Just get a doctor or optometrist to sign off that you get headaches or something due to sensitivity to light. It is the best solution. You still can't go extremely dark though, have to stay above 35%, which for me is perfect.

In Arlington, you can put the tag up on the dash to avoid a ticket, but heard in DC, they can still ticket you when your car is parked.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:22 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Ben - that's a good approach. Do you just hold the dr's note in the car? Does it have to be renewed?

Originally Posted by BenM3
They can pull you over for both offenses only. I have been pulled over for both tint and no front tag. Got 1 ticket for the tint and a warning for no front tag. I now have a medical waiver for my tint so don't have to worry about it anymore. Just get a doctor or optometrist to sign off that you get headaches or something due to sensitivity to light. It is the best solution. You still can't go extremely dark though, have to stay above 35%, which for me is perfect.

In Arlington, you can put the tag up on the dash to avoid a ticket, but heard in DC, they can still ticket you when your car is parked.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:29 PM
BenM3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by boochook
Ben - that's a good approach. Do you just hold the dr's note in the car? Does it have to be renewed?
The DMV has a form that you fill out that the doctor signs. You send it in and they process a new vehicle registration for you that states that you are allowed to have tint for "medical" reasons. Good thing is also once you do it once you can add all your cars without having to get a new doctors note.