?? VA Traffic Law ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 05:04 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Cool ?? VA Traffic Law ??

Question - is no front plate and tinted windows a primary offense in VA (since I'm a VA resident) or do I have to be pulled over for something else (i.e. speeding) first? Reason why I ask is b/c I'm thinking of taking off the front plate so wondering if I do am I going to be targeted then given the 3rd degree on tint, etc. Thanks.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Paul_DC is infamous around these parts
If it helps, I have been pulled over for no front plate as the only reason for the stop. You will also get a ticket if the car is out and an officer sees it parked on the street, or in a lot etc.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:58 PM
VoiD is infamous around these parts
I've been pulled over for no front plates.. The cop even did a U turn..
This was on Christmas so he let me go with a warning.

No personal experience but a lot of people I know have been pulled over for tint.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:17 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Either can get you pulled. FFX is cracking down on both items. I just replaced my window tint to be VA legal.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:46 AM
avonlady has a spectacular aura aboutavonlady has a spectacular aura about
Berk I would not worry about front plate or your window tint. The cops are probably going to hear you from another zip code away and bust you for your nose level haha.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:29 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute

Old 05-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Va then DC are the worst when it comes to no front tag. VA will hunt you down for it. DC will ticket your parked car all day. I think I've paid about $500 overall for no front plate over the past 7 years.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:29 PM
vincentw is infamous around these parts
They can pull you over just for the plate. I was exiting off the Reston Toll road and got pulled over. The officer asked "Why don't you have a front plate on?". Before I could give an answer, he replied "Because it doesn't look right. Right?". I said sure, and he said it wasn't a good enough reason, so he ticketed me.

I got pulled over a second time, but this time I was quick to say I haven't gotten a chance to take it to the body shop to get holes drilled. That time I got a warning.

On a side note, VA drivers will get a $1050 fine for speeding starting July. This only applies to VA residence who speed on VA roads. If you are in MD or DC and get caught speeding, you get the regular fine. Ridiculous.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:07 PM
akw_toronto is a name known to allakw_toronto is a name known to allakw_toronto is a name known to allakw_toronto is a name known to allakw_toronto is a name known to allakw_toronto is a name known to all
Originally Posted by vincentw
On a side note, VA drivers will get a $1050 fine for speeding starting July. This only applies to VA residence who speed on VA roads. If you are in MD or DC and get caught speeding, you get the regular fine. Ridiculous.
This does sound ridiculous. Can you provide your source for this?

Old 05-17-2010, 05:13 PM
vincentw is infamous around these parts
It was in the local news, but here is something I found online http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/18/1818.asp

Old 05-17-2010, 05:17 PM
akw_toronto is a name known to allakw_toronto is a name known to allakw_toronto is a name known to allakw_toronto is a name known to allakw_toronto is a name known to allakw_toronto is a name known to all
It was in the local news, but here is something I found online http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/18/1818.asp
Thanks. It seems kind old (2007) and at the bottom there was an update that said
"Further update: On March 27, 2008 the abuser fees law was repealed. For our full coverage of the effort that forced lawmakers, reluctantly, to end the practice, see here."

Old 05-17-2010, 05:40 PM
masciosr is infamous around these parts
I haven't lived in VA long, but in Boston, MA when I reported my front plate lost to the police dept, they gave me a piece of paper to show an officer if I ever got pulled over that my plate was indeed lost.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by masciosr
I haven't lived in VA long, but in Boston, MA when I reported my front plate lost to the police dept, they gave me a piece of paper to show an officer if I ever got pulled over that my plate was indeed lost.

You might be on to something there. How long was the piece of paper valid for?

Old 05-18-2010, 07:39 AM
masciosr is infamous around these parts
i will let you know im going to do it today.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:34 AM
PixieLuv is infamous around these parts
I found this, but reminds me of that repealed law
"If you are a VA driver, you will be subject to the reckless driving $1050 surcharge payable to the VA DMV on top of the court fine if the judge does not reduce."
http://www.speedingticketcentral.com...ng-ticket.html

Last edited by PixieLuv; 05-18-2010 at 10:36 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ?? VA Traffic Law ??