Memorial Day Fun Run, Germantown, MD; Meet 9:00am Depart 10:15am

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 04:56 PM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
Talking Memorial Day Fun Run, Germantown, MD; Meet 9:00am Depart 10:15am

Looking for something to do in the morning on Memorial Day? Well, how about a fun run? Here are the details:

·DATE: MONDAY, MAY 31
·TIME: MEET 9:00am with a 10:15am DEPARTURE
·PLACE: STARBUCKS in GERMANTOWN, MD (see directions below)
·LUNCH: OF COURSE! I’LL PICK A SPOT

Gina and I are looking forward to seeing everyone at the meeting place Monday morning. We will be there in our brand new Porsche, yes you heard me right, I said Porsche!!!

Directions to Starbucks Milestone:
Heading South on RT 270 from Frederick Area:
Get off at Exit 16 Father Hurley Blvd and turn left at the light at end of ramp… Take Father Hurley Blvd to entrance to Milestone Shopping Center on right… Pull into entrance and take first left or second left and proceed to Starbucks on left…

Heading North on RT 270 from RT 495:
Get off at Exit 16 Father Hurley Blvd and bear right on ramp toward Damascus … Take Father Hurley Blvd to entrance to Milestone Shopping Center on right… Pull into entrance and take first left or second left and proceed to Starbucks on left…

From RT 70 Baltimore Area:
Get off RT 70 at Exit 68 which is RT 27 Mt. Airy exit… Take RT 27 South through Damascus (stay on RT 27 as it takes a Right in Damascus ) and continue until you get to RT 355 Frederick Road… Take Left on RT 355 and proceed to first light and turn right into Milestone Shopping Center … Go to stop sign and turn right and you will see Starbucks…

From other areas: Use your GPS or favorite online mapping program and head to address:

Starbucks Milestone
20934 Frederick Road
Germantown , Maryland 20874
301-515-1084

Old 05-29-2010, 07:56 PM
TMAC is infamous around these parts
This sounds like fun, my wife and I may come out for this. Is it still on? If so how many people are coming?

Originally Posted by bull30
Looking for something to do in the morning on Memorial Day? Well, how about a fun run? Here are the details:

·DATE: MONDAY, MAY 31
·TIME: MEET 9:00am with a 10:15am DEPARTURE
·PLACE: STARBUCKS in GERMANTOWN, MD (see directions below)
·LUNCH: OF COURSE! I’LL PICK A SPOT

Gina and I are looking forward to seeing everyone at the meeting place Monday morning. We will be there in our brand new Porsche, yes you heard me right, I said Porsche!!!

Directions to Starbucks Milestone:
Heading South on RT 270 from Frederick Area:
Get off at Exit 16 Father Hurley Blvd and turn left at the light at end of ramp… Take Father Hurley Blvd to entrance to Milestone Shopping Center on right… Pull into entrance and take first left or second left and proceed to Starbucks on left…

Heading North on RT 270 from RT 495:
Get off at Exit 16 Father Hurley Blvd and bear right on ramp toward Damascus … Take Father Hurley Blvd to entrance to Milestone Shopping Center on right… Pull into entrance and take first left or second left and proceed to Starbucks on left…

From RT 70 Baltimore Area:
Get off RT 70 at Exit 68 which is RT 27 Mt. Airy exit… Take RT 27 South through Damascus (stay on RT 27 as it takes a Right in Damascus ) and continue until you get to RT 355 Frederick Road… Take Left on RT 355 and proceed to first light and turn right into Milestone Shopping Center … Go to stop sign and turn right and you will see Starbucks…

From other areas: Use your GPS or favorite online mapping program and head to address:

Starbucks Milestone
20934 Frederick Road
Germantown , Maryland 20874
301-515-1084 301-515-1084

Old 05-30-2010, 07:20 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Count me in, Ken. Even if it's a small group because of the holiday, this should be a great swift day to run.

Old 05-30-2010, 03:04 PM
MechanicalEng is infamous around these parts
I will be there, so how do you like the new Boxster?

Old 05-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by MechanicalEng
Is this being promoted anywhere else? My wife and I are still thinking about heading out for this.

Old 05-30-2010, 05:16 PM
MechanicalEng is infamous around these parts
I was asking Ken how did he like his new Boxster, are you getting one too?

Old 05-30-2010, 05:38 PM
I was asking Ken how did he like his new Boxster, are you getting one too?
Nope, I just wondered how many people were coming out for this drive.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by TMAC
Nope, I just wondered how many people were coming out for this drive.
Could be anything from 6 to 60. Not many post up, they just show. This is a very 'spirited' cruise. Sunday drivers welcome to bring up the rears.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
Could be anything from 6 to 60. Not many post up, they just show. This is a very 'spirited' cruise. Sunday drivers welcome to bring up the rears.
Thanks for the info.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:18 PM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
It's like no other Boxster I've driven. As R&T said "it's near GT3 performance on the track". It really is an unbelievable machine and I'm extremely pleased.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:42 PM
This was a fun run alright. Should be called Bull's G-force Run. Here is an album of pics I took.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5...1%20Bul%20Run/

Old 06-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
glad it was a good one. I'll make another one of these sometime!