\\\2010 Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run Pictures and writeup///

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
\\\2010 Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run Pictures and writeup///

Since our Philly Cheesesteak Run was so big last year, we decided to break it into smaller groups to prevent it from getting out of hand (last year we had over 300 cars, and it was pouring down rain) so for this one we kept it to just Euros. We had around 100 cars come from MD, VA, PA, NJ, NY, and CT. It was over 100 degrees, and I know that kept a lot of people at home. If it weren't so hot, I think we could have easily had around 200 cars come out.

For the full set of photos, click here: Chris Walsh Photography on flickr

We first met in Rockville, MD. Probably had around 25-30 cars. I didn't take too many pictures because I was too busy mingling with everyone lol. Once we got on the road, we were rolling deep.

Scott's lovely lady

You can see a little glare in this pic because the windows were up. I was riding in a comfortable air conditioned E92 335i, there was no way I was going to roll down the windows and let that 100 degree heat inside the car.

Since we all got separated at the toll, we decided to regroup at the Maryland House rest stop to hit the bathrooms and let the engines cool off. Shortly after pulling in, a State Trooper pulled in and said we needed to relax because they had gotten around 100 calls from motorists reporting a bunch of German sports cars flying down the highway.

I'm sure that number is quite an exaggeration.

Bull's Exige replacement

Supercharged E36

Another Supercharged E36

This was the only car to get pulled over on the drive up. Turns out he only got a ticket for no front plate. Could have been a lot worse.

After a short break, we were back on the road towards Philly.

Crossing the Shenandoah River Bridge

The fun didn't last too long before we ran into some major traffic. It was mostly stop & go for a good portion of the rest of the drive.

The roads cleared up a little bit in Delaware and we were able to have some fun

Back in stop & go traffic...

Arriving in South Philly

As we pulled into the parking lot about 45 minutes later than we were planning, due to the major traffic delays on I-95, there were about 50 cars already there. While some parked their cars and went straight in line for a cheesesteak, I walked around and got pictures of the cars in the parking lot.

Since it was blazing hot, we didn't stay up there too long but hopefully we'll plan another one when the weather's a little cooler.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:04 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Great pictures as usual! Thanks for sharing!

Old 07-29-2010, 01:10 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
Wish I could have made it, nothing like this happens here in Idaho, there aren't enough cars.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
I had a good time running up and back. The time of day and heat would not be my first choices, but we DID make the best of it.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
I had a good time running up and back. The time of day and heat would not be my first choices, but we DID make the best of it.
Would you rather it be earlier or later in the day?

Old 07-29-2010, 05:35 PM
SEAN 996 is infamous around these partsSEAN 996 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the pics Chris. Also, nice write up. I need to get out more often and let the old girl stretch her legs.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:42 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Tonk
Would you rather it be earlier or later in the day?
A brisk 9am run with 50-60 degrees is just what our cars need. Beat the beach traffic and get there when they open. Of course you young whipper snappers don't like to watch the sun come up so that's probably too early for 80 percent of you. I'm always up for a fun run wherever, whenever.

Chris, why don't you come down to VIR Sept 17th for a PCA event. Top Gear will be there taping a show and also plan to tape the DE event. Its a Friday. I plan to be there Thursday by 5 with a couple of friends. Sign up! Running out of space.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:53 AM
A brisk 9am run with 50-60 degrees is just what our cars need. Beat the beach traffic and get there when they open. Of course you young whipper snappers don't like to watch the sun come up so that's probably too early for 80 percent of you. I'm always up for a fun run wherever, whenever.
I'm always down for getting up earlier to avoid traffic. I also wouldn't mind the smaller crowd = less line

Old 07-31-2010, 09:37 PM
SEAN 996 is infamous around these partsSEAN 996 is infamous around these parts

Chris, why don't you come down to VIR Sept 17th for a PCA event. Top Gear will be there taping a show and also plan to tape the DE event. Its a Friday. I plan to be there Thursday by 5 with a couple of friends. Sign up! Running out of space.
Scott, I may do it. I'll check with my schedule. I still have to do a couple of things to it before I take it out to the track. Right now I'm waiting on an alternator. I may just go down there and take pics, even if I don't get on the track.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:28 AM
SHIELDZE1025 is infamous around these parts
Scott, you don't give us young guys enough credit!

I do think that it was a bit late, but only because it was july and because of the temperature. Come out to the Sat moring Great Falls meets though, it's been a good turnout so far.

I will definitely come to the Sept 17th event, that is if it's an open invitation?