Cars and Coffee - Great Falls, VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 11:11 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Katie's, 03/12/11

A cold morning, but a fairly big turnout. The front lot filled up, and we had overflow of at least 8 cars onto the 'lower' lot. Quite a variety!
Several Lambos in attendance, and the Vipers showed up as a group again.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 03-12-2011, 11:13 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Katie's, 03/12/11 - Part 2

There was a type of interesting car for everyone today...
--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 03-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Very cool! Glad the turnouts are getting larger by the weekend.

Old 03-13-2011, 05:26 AM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
some more pics...

Hey all,

I have some more pics from Katie's. I don't have Bob's or Chris's photography skills (i.e. I have no respect for lighting, angle, timing, etc.), but I did take a lot of them for the NOVA SCC site.

http://www.meetup.com/novascc/photos/1301597/

Old 03-13-2011, 01:45 PM
mike.wrx.sti is infamous around these parts
Hi all, I just signed up for this forum because I see a lot of the Cars and Coffee pics are posted here. I started going last May. I've been to about 10 events and I'm amazed at the caliber and collection of cars that show up each week.

My Flickr album for the 3/12/11 meet: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2413670...7626124070871/

Random shots:

Last edited by mike.wrx.sti; 03-13-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:46 PM
... and a few more random shots ...

Old 03-13-2011, 10:58 PM
DwnShiftRecords is infamous around these parts
Awww nooo ha, I woke up that morning wondering if I should go or not and I bailed out at the last second. Had I known Lambo's were gonna show up, I would of gone even if it was below freezing. This upcoming Saturday I hear is suppose to be really nice, I gotta get back up there so I can start filming again. I've waiting for this for months

Old 03-14-2011, 12:58 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Great pictures everyone. That Shelby is sick. Never seen one of those in person. Is that LSB on the M-Coupe? Is that a factory color? I don't remember seeing that color on an M-Coupe before.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Hat_Trick_Hokie is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tonk
Great pictures everyone. That Shelby is sick. Never seen one of those in person.
x2, is someone on here knows the owner, tell him/her to keep bringing that out!

Old 03-14-2011, 07:34 PM
OB1
OB1 is infamous around these parts
Old 03-15-2011, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by OB1
View the rest here
Phil - already saw these on flickr and sent them to a bunch of people, but awesome pictures man. See you this Saturday?

Old 03-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Katie's, 03/19/11

We're off & running!
Two weeks in a row, we have filled the front lot at Katie's with cars. Last week, there was a little overflow to the lower lot - this week, it was almost full, too. I think this means we're in full swing already. The good news is, more parking is available this year. Hopefully this year, we can avoid overcrowding the entry road that runs behind Bank of America. We've had a good relationship with this venue, and hope to continue that.

We'll be here every good-weather Saturday, from about 7:00AM to 9:00AM or so - COME ON OUT!

Bob M just bought the beautiful gray XKE.
1980 Pantera GTS.
A good showing of Lotus made me happy.
Porsche, new & old.
A new Fiat 500.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 03-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Great turn and I enjoyed trip out.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:28 PM
I brought my Dad out this morning. It was his first Cars and Coffee event and he had a blast.

Aside from one person being a bit confrontational about taking a picture of his car (I deleted the pic in front of him), it was another great weekend! I chatted with a few new people and saw some great cars!

Last edited by mike.wrx.sti; 03-19-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by mike.wrx.sti
I brought my Dad out this morning. It was his first Cars and Coffee event and he had a blast.

Aside from one person being a bit confrontational about taking a picture of his car (I deleted the pic in front of him), it was another great weekend! I chatted with a few new people and saw some great cars!

...really? I've been at this event practically every week for over a year, take pictures at every one, and have never had anyone get belligerent about pictures. Weird; generally this is a very laid-back, friendly crowd. Hope one negative experience doesn't keep you from coming back and taking more pictures!

--Bob Collum

P.S.: I took the picture below of a regular attendee Saturday at Katie's - we think it has the most torque of any vehicle there. (Though, with the Cobras, Vipers & the AMG, I might be wrong...)

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cars and Coffee - Great Falls, VA