Cars and Coffee - Great Falls, VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 07:42 PM
DwnShiftRecords is infamous around these parts
Anyone going out tomorrow?? I'm thinking of going despite the less than cooperative weather

Old 06-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Only a 10% chance of rain tomorrow morning! See you all there!

Old 06-11-2011, 07:59 AM
mike.wrx.sti is infamous around these parts
Shots from this morning:

Full Flickr Set

Old 06-11-2011, 09:36 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Katie's, 06/11/11

Mike: Nice pics, as always.

Here are some I took today. I'll try not to duplicate.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 06-11-2011, 09:39 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Katie's, 06/11/11 - Part 2

A few more from today.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 06-11-2011, 10:36 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
great seeing people out today...the weather was fantastic, not a rain drop in sight..some fabulous cars inc. 458IT, Aston DBS and my old friend and former FoW owner Allie Ash's F40 whom I used to instruct for at their Dealership events back in '04 and '05....great to see him still using that car like Enzo would have liked!!

Old 06-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
Sorry I missed it, looks like - as usual - some new and interesting cars were out there.

I still haven't unpacked the Porsche from my trip!

Old 06-11-2011, 01:40 PM
ssong is infamous around these parts
Looks like a nice turnout! I'm hoping to make it to one of these (again) very soon!

p.s. black lotus is clean!

Old 06-11-2011, 02:19 PM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
Originally Posted by sunir
great seeing people out today...the weather was fantastic, not a rain drop in sight..some fabulous cars inc. 458IT, Aston DBS and my old friend and former FoW owner Allie Ash's F40 whom I used to instruct for at their Dealership events back in '04 and '05....great to see him still using that car like Enzo would have liked!!
Dude - you're an "instructor"???? ..... you've never told anyone that before!!

You shouldn't by shy of such awesome credentials.... shout it loud from every mountain top..... over ..... and over.... and over... and over. lol

.... you know I'm just busting your chops

Old 06-11-2011, 03:03 PM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
Originally Posted by WeisachWilli
Dude - you're an "instructor"???? ..... you've never told anyone that before!!

You shouldn't by shy of such awesome credentials.... shout it loud from every mountain top..... over ..... and over.... and over... and over. lol

.... you know I'm just busting your chops
.... and further.... I don't think Enzo gave a f about any street car (beyond its ability to sell and fund his racing)

Now that 458 McNish busted his *** on at LeMans this morning... Mr. Enzo prob. would have gotten fired up abt that (even if the car was built down the st. by Michelotto). That was an unreal crash. Those photo guys really lucked out. Sunir / Mr. Instructor, you tell me.... did McNish f that up or what?? What was he thinking??

Old 06-11-2011, 05:10 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WeisachWilli
.... and further.... I don't think Enzo gave a f about any street car (beyond its ability to sell and fund his racing)

Now that 458 McNish busted his *** on at LeMans this morning... Mr. Enzo prob. would have gotten fired up abt that (even if the car was built down the st. by Michelotto). That was an unreal crash. Those photo guys really lucked out. Sunir / Mr. Instructor, you tell me.... did McNish f that up or what?? What was he thinking??
didn't see any of my leMans recordings yet...but thanks for the spoiler

McNish is a great driver for sure, even the best can end up making mistakes for sure, What's he doing in a tin top, figure he'd be in an LMP1 car... looking forward to catching the race on DVR.

Old 06-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
IMO the McNish crash could go either way, but Rocky's crash was absolutely that F car drivers fault. I feel bad for Michael Waltrip since thats his business partner.

Old 06-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
didn't see any of my leMans recordings yet...but thanks for the spoiler

McNish is a great driver for sure, even the best can end up making mistakes for sure, What's he doing in a tin top, figure he'd be in an LMP1 car... looking forward to catching the race on DVR.
It is a P1 car.... they're all closed ****pits... except the scrub teams that cant afford to build a Peugeot catch-up car. Funny thing I read, all closed ****-pit cars HAVE to have A/C...... the maximum allowed ****pit temp. .... w/ A/C = something like 115 degrees f. Now that's chillin.

McNish crash.... I dont see how he could have possibly made that with the pair of goat 911 GTs right in front of that pass (attempted pass) area... that move was doomed from inception..... IMO.... I've driven a few race cars.... but I'm no instructor. Honestly, and they were saying this on coverage,I dont think the drivers can see laterally - at all - out of those Audi ****pits.

Haven't seen the Rockenfeller crash yet... just read... so there Sunir.... I'm spoiled too... seriously didn't mean to ruin your viewing, but don't fast-forward too far past start or you'll miss the McNish debacle. You'll be thinking "what the hell was he doing trying some s-it like that in opening hours?".

Old 06-11-2011, 06:09 PM
NineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really nice
McNish definitely f'd up. I'm glad he is okay, and WOW one of those camera guys was almost killed.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Pics

Mike and Bob great shots fellas, Mike was nice to finally meet you my man and Bob sorry I missed you today.

Good hanging out with the 6speed crew as always and Ken we gotta hit up the track in Fall....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cars and Coffee - Great Falls, VA