Cars and Coffee - Great Falls, VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 04:54 AM
Swedemix is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by boochook
WOW SWEDEMIX - thanks for the great shots of STORM TROOPER.....
Glad you like 'em! There were constantly people standing around your car so those shots were taken at different times as I walked by and saw a chance for a clear shot.

Originally Posted by WeisachWilli
Those are some phenominal photos. What kind of camera / lense is that? Are they processed? Raw files? I have need to take good photos and have forever just used higher-end but basic Canon point-shoot..... just bought a Nikon 7000 few weeks back but up to now just used full on idiot proof auto mode and still images are way way beyond anything I've ever taken before. Need to read the manual first I guess...lol.... but that looks like several day undertaking.
Thanks! The camera is nothing fancy, just an old Canon Rebel XTi and my run around lens which is a Sigma 18-200mm. Yes, the pics are saved as raw in order to correct lighting with some post processing to correct a bunch of things. Auto mode allows you to take "ok" pictures but to really take advantage of the camera you'll need to experiment with the different settings practice and take lots and lots of pics! It'll take several days and then some. I'm still practicing and learning new things too! Taking pics of people, landscapes, flowers, cars etc in different settings and light all require different techniques and tons of practice to master. Books and photography specific forums provide plenty of valuable information that also helped me a lot as well.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:25 PM
sempaipaul is infamous around these parts
Hi All,

I just thought i'd introduce myself. I have been around 6speedonline for awhile, however, never really made it over to the regional section of the thread until I met Boochook (great guy!).

Anyhow, My name is Paul. I am from Gaithersburg, MD. Student at University of Maryland and currently Georgetown University. Family's current garage consists of: 2000 996 Convertible (mine) with H&R coilovers, intake, HID headlights, Red out taillights, 225-front/295-rear tires, a few other minor things here and there. 2004 Cayenne S (father's). 2002 CL600 V12 (family's/mothers). Previously I owned a Stage 3 A6 2.7T with big turbo's (dearly missed), father had a 1987 911, also a 86 944. Had many other cars but not really worth mentioning.

I am hoping to upload some pics soon! but dont have any recent ones right now, and also definitely look forward to coming out to the meets and definitely cars and coffee

... on that note, one final thing. Sorry for my laziness but I didnt read through the 55+ pages of this thread, can someone quickly summarize the get together times and days for me?

That would be of great help!

Thanks

-Paul

Old 06-29-2011, 02:33 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
This thread, at least from what I remember is only for the Cars and Coffee event on Saturday morning. Starts early, around 7. I've never been, but its probably the best in the area.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:55 PM
SMBowen is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sempaipaul
I met Boochook (great guy!).
hmmm...there must be two Boochook's out there!

Old 06-29-2011, 03:44 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sempaipaul
Sorry for my laziness but I didnt read through the 55+ pages of this thread, can someone quickly summarize the get together times and days for me?
Dude literally all the information you need is in the first post of this thread.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:58 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ LOL thats very true...in fact all the info in on the FIRST post of the FIRST page making it even easier to get the info haha

Old 06-30-2011, 07:23 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a man of many faces....

Originally Posted by SMBowen
hmmm...there must be two Boochook's out there!

Old 07-01-2011, 03:16 PM
DwnShiftRecords is infamous around these parts
Soooooooooo I won't be there tomorrow. While it is my birthday and nothing would make me happier than another great day at C&C, I'm currently in Rhode Island for the next week or so for 4th of July week. However, I feel bad that I've kinda slowed up on my processing of photos and videos when I said I'll release them shortly, so tonight and on my birthday tomorrow, I'll work to get out some new shots and video for everyone.

No worries, I got you guys

Old 07-01-2011, 03:24 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ happy bday buddy.... see ya at CnC next time you're out...

Old 07-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Chipster is infamous around these parts
I will be present tomorrow haha. Been a long time since I've been it feels like!

Old 07-02-2011, 02:56 AM
AbsolutHank is a jewel in the roughAbsolutHank is a jewel in the roughAbsolutHank is a jewel in the roughAbsolutHank is a jewel in the rough
I'm heading out shortly!

Old 07-02-2011, 07:36 AM
mike.wrx.sti is infamous around these parts
Awesome turnout today! I got there around 6:45AM and the first lot was already full.

Full Flickr Set

I tried to get a lot of shots of people driving through the main lot.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:37 AM

Old 07-02-2011, 07:38 AM

Old 07-02-2011, 07:38 AM

Last edited by mike.wrx.sti; 07-02-2011 at 07:47 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cars and Coffee - Great Falls, VA