Cars and Coffee - Great Falls, VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 07:01 PM
DwnShiftRecords is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sunir
^^^ I heard someone was crafty and brought a G35 silently to Katies!!!
Haha shhhhhhhhhhhhh! I don't know what you are talking about

Originally Posted by Lowcash
Omar's Ferrari is awesome!

Nice video Jon. I still wished you had gotten video of the Tesla taking off.
Oh, well it would have sounded like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi1BcouEmio

Originally Posted by GTLaser
That's what happens when you BBBAAARRFFFF all over the router....
Ohhhh is that what happened

Old 08-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Lowcash is infamous around these parts

Old 08-06-2011, 11:40 AM
randomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to behold
I made it out this morning, finally! I took some pics and vid. I'll try and get some uploaded whenever I get back to my place this weekend!

Old 08-06-2011, 12:08 PM
RealMCR12 has a spectacular aura aboutRealMCR12 has a spectacular aura about
I missed CC this weekend! Any Cool-Rare cars that made it out today?

Old 08-06-2011, 12:35 PM
mike.wrx.sti is infamous around these parts
Here are my pics:

Full Flickr Set

Old 08-06-2011, 12:36 PM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Katie's, 08/06/11

A good turnout - lots of interesting cars...

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 08-06-2011, 12:38 PM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Katie's, 08/06/11 - Part 2

Something for everyone...

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 08-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Katie's, 08/06/11 - Part 3

And then there was...

Attached Images      
Old 08-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
The Renault Turbo is awesome, and so is the rat rod truck. What's up with the girl with the Aston...was she just some random hot girl that someone asked to take her clothes off?

Old 08-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Mmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Tonk
The Renault Turbo is awesome, and so is the rat rod truck. What's up with the girl with the Aston...was she just some random hot girl that someone asked to take her clothes off?
Cliff (EcoGreen) setup a demonstration tent today and this was one of the models he brought in.. excellent display!

Old 08-06-2011, 07:13 PM
TransHuman is infamous around these parts
Got to be honest...not loving the idea of vendors at these types of meets. Vendors and display tents are certainly valid, but I feel they make more sense at meets that are intended to be commercial. I'm also not digging all the flyers and nonsense stuck on and in the cars. It feels like i'm leaving from a downtown bar scene at 3am with all the crap i have to take off the car.

Alas I guess it was inevitable. Katie's is becoming a victim of it's own success.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by TransHuman
Got to be honest...not loving the idea of vendors at these types of meets. Vendors and display tents are certainly valid, but I feel they make more sense at meets that are intended to be commercial. I'm also not digging all the flyers and nonsense stuck on and in the cars. It feels like i'm leaving from a downtown bar scene at 3am with all the crap i have to take off the car.

Alas I guess it was inevitable. Katie's is becoming a victim of it's own success.
I agree. We've always had car salesmen around, but I see that as a benefit - they often brought really nice cars. We would not have seen the 'real' GT40, or the Maserati Ghibli, or the Auburn Boat Tail, or the FIA Cobra, if not for people in the car sales business.

IMO, when people come and set up tents, and park trucks in lot entryways, that's not just a nuisance - it will eventually lead to complaints from the local businesses, and possibly losing the venue.

I guess it's the downside of an event with no rules... After all, last year, we had some clueless doofus who parked his truck & boat for sale across about 7 spaces on the lower lot.

--Bob Collum

Old 08-06-2011, 07:31 PM
TMAC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TransHuman

I have to admit, I agree with you. I have noticed more vendors coming lately. I get that they need to make a living as well but this is a casual early morning get together for car people. Katie's offers the location so naturally they reep the rewards not to mention I enjoy their food and coffee. I could however do without the other people walking around passing out business cards and flyers when I am trying to enjoy looking at cars.

This is just my two cents.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:47 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed..... While I enjoy seeing all these cars, this thing is starting to lose it's value for me. I think if someone is going to hand out a flyer, then each Katie's event they attend they should donate a minimum of $500 to a charity of choice for Katie's coffee. Otherwise, this will only get worse.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:58 PM
RealMCR12 has a spectacular aura aboutRealMCR12 has a spectacular aura about
I agree with all of you. I probably donīt have a say on this because I donīt bring a car or anything but during the last few times I have been to Katieīs I have had people come up to me given me their cards and stuff. It is a little annoying. They are taking advantage of the meet to adverstise their businesses and lets hope that next year or maybe the years to come we wonīt be seeing a parking lot full of tents, instead of supercars or rare beauties. : Mad:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cars and Coffee - Great Falls, VA