Cars and Coffee - Great Falls, VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Whenever people try to hand me a business card or flier that I don't care about, I kindly point them to the nearest trash can so they can throw it out on their own.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:33 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
.... Rep point coming your way Chris!

Originally Posted by Tonk
Whenever people try to hand me a business card or flier that I don't care about, I kindly point them to the nearest trash can so they can throw it out on their own.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:45 AM
randomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to behold
It was my first time at this event and I had a good time. here's my flickr set from yesterday:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3287388...7627372973928/

Old 08-07-2011, 06:39 PM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
Glad the vendors came out because now I have a good powder coater for my wheels and also learned a claying technic. As long as they are there to answer questions and not try to sell me I'm not going to have an issue with it..... Just politely say no thank you if you're not interested.

Last edited by GTLaser; 08-07-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:10 PM
TransHuman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GTLaser
Glad the vendors came out because now I have a good powder coater for my wheels and also learned a claying technic. As long as they are there to answer questions and not try to sell me I'm not going to have an issue with it..... Just politely say no thank you if you're not interested.
But that's the whole point...in my mind, at this type of meet I shouldn't have to say "no thank you" because I'm there to see privately owned cars in the context of a community gathering. I'm not walking into a department store where I should expect to dodge people spraying perfume in my face..I.e. - flyers on my car where the vendor has presumed that it's OK to even touch my car in the first place or unsolicited business cards.

Hell, it's not a far leap to make that given the average net worth of the participants and the likelyhood that they are people of influence you shouldn't just come with a stack of your resume and leave it on each car in the chance you may get a job offer. Certainly this isn't different than the type of market analysis that has prompted the vendors to swarm in.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:23 PM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TransHuman
But that's the whole point...in my mind, at this type of meet I shouldn't have to say "no thank you" because I'm there to see privately owned cars in the context of a community gathering. I'm not walking into a department store where I should expect to dodge people spraying perfume in my face..I.e. - flyers on my car where the vendor has presumed that it's OK to even touch my car in the first place or unsolicited business cards.

Hell, it's not a far leap to make that given the average net worth of the participants and the likelyhood that they are people of influence you shouldn't just come with a stack of your resume and leave it on each car in the chance you may get a job offer. Certainly this isn't different than the type of market analysis that has prompted the vendors to swarm in.
Flyer thing I totally agree. Especially when the parents are having their children do the work. There will be an event coming up soon that will have a few vendors getting together to share their work, so look out for it. Cool thing was I got to sit under a nice shaded tent....

Old 08-07-2011, 07:32 PM
mike.wrx.sti is infamous around these parts
Here's what I've seen of the vendor presence over the past few weeks...

Week 1: 1 detailing vendor shows up and sets up a tent taking up 1 spot.

Week 2: A vendor shows up taking up 2 spots, handing out flyers, flyer get places on everyone cars.

Week 3: A few vendors show up. Each taking multiple spots, setting up tents and tables, passing out flyers, multiple flyers placed on everyone's cars.

If this trend continues, by the end of September half the spots in the main lot will be vendor tents and there will so many flyers on my windshield I'll need to bring my own large trash-bag to dispose of them.

On an unrelated note...

People's parking techniques have also been getting a bit ridiculous. Last Saturday someone decided to leave their car in the middle of small road that runs parallel to the second lot so no one could get by it. When people had to leave from the small road, they had to reverse down a crowded street of cars, adults, and children. It's a recipe for disaster. If you can't find an actual parking spot in the main lots, park legally elsewhere. Some people must be really full of themselves just to leave their car in the middle of the road just so it can be in one of the main lots.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Itln82 is infamous around these parts
I think that if vendors want to come out and set up tents, they should do so in a different lot. We should have the main lots for the beautiful cars and a small lot elsewhere for just vendors and NO flyers left on/in cars. Thats just me.
-Al

Old 08-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Maybe we should just plan the vendors to hold their own events so it's more commercialized, has a point to them being their and we get free stuff!!!!

Old 08-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Itln82 is infamous around these parts
That might work. -Al

Old 08-10-2011, 04:37 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
I do not want to see another flyer on my windshield. Period. Leave them on your OWN damn windshield. So why do people go, to see the cars, and let me tell you, some of these folks do not like people touching their cars. I saw a lambo at one of the last events with two flyers under the wiper. Pathetic. I don't think I'm going to attend another Katie's for a while. I think I would rather use that time now going for a cruise, get coffee and come back home if some folks are interested.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:48 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTLaser
Maybe we should just plan the vendors to hold their own events so it's more commercialized, has a point to them being their and we get free stuff!!!!
or you could use a coupon !!! just joking bub don't get all personal or bring Cliffy a.k.a twocent (not quite fiddycent!) into this one...I'm just kidding around hahaha lol

Old 08-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by boochook
I do not want to see another flyer on my windshield. Period. Leave them on your OWN damn windshield. So why do people go, to see the cars, and let me tell you, some of these folks do not like people touching their cars. I saw a lambo at one of the last events with two flyers under the wiper. Pathetic. I don't think I'm going to attend another Katie's for a while. I think I would rather use that time now going for a cruise, get coffee and come back home if some folks are interested.
If everyone is happy with Saturday mornings, maybe just go up to the Maple Lawn cars & coffee? Or we can try all meeting up in Burtonsville on Sundays.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Lowcash is infamous around these parts
@ coupon.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Lowcash
@ coupon.
Don't Hate.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cars and Coffee - Great Falls, VA