MAMC Summit Point Rental CONFIRMED....Oct/Nov dates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 02:12 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
MAMC Summit Point Rental CONFIRMED....Oct/Nov dates

OK - got the update guys. Here's the latest. ALL IN, including the track rental, corner workers, medic/ambulance and insurance will cost $10,000. And we will have the track to ourselves, BUT BUT BUT, we will be organized in fashion. We will NOT have instructors so everyone is expected to practice the highest level of proper track etiquette. The Track is SUMMIT MAIN. We can rent Shenandoah, which is only $1500 cheaper, but I would prefer Summit Main. They have a few dates in October and November still open. I need to gauge interest as to whether or not people are still interested. I am, and if so, here's the details.

I want to point out this does include some form of catering (food and beverage - non-alcoholic) for the drivers that attend:

20 guys = $500/person
25 guys = $400/person
30 guys = $333/person

The Dates are as follows:
Thursday, October 14th
Tuesday, November 9th
Monday, November 15th

We can do more guys, but that's when it gets a little crazy. I would like to set up a car meet where if people are interested we just collect everything right there up front and I can just hand it right over to Summit or something. We can have a driver's meeting a few weeks in advance so people don't have to overpay or we will not have issues with underpayment. I've done this before. In the past, I've collected more, kept everyone in the loop with wide open communication then refunded folks EVENLY who overpaid as we got more people. Would the folks who are still interested like to set up a date and time to talk this through in terms of interest still so I can get back to Summit Main early. I can work on maybe bringing some vendors out as well to "SHARE" in the cost so we pay less. Granted yes, BSR and other clubs are cheaper, but the thing is we will have full responsibility and direction as to how we want the day to go with as much time as possible. Let me know. Thanks.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Just ran Shenandoah today, and while it is a much more technical track, it was a lot more fun and rewarding once you get it down. I wouldn't mind doing it on either circuit. Of course it does help when you have a professional driver as an instructor

Old 09-10-2010, 06:52 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
I am working on trying to lower the cost as well.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:28 PM
SEAN 996 is infamous around these partsSEAN 996 is infamous around these parts
I believe I can do any of those dates. I also have a couple of friends who are interested as well. Both of them have track experience too. Looks like I'll be getting new rotors and pads for this

Old 09-12-2010, 07:05 AM
zambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura about
instructors would be nice

Old 09-12-2010, 08:34 AM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
I agree with Misanors, I was at Shenandoah Friday too, it is pretty incredible I wouldnt write that one off...

With a smaller group like this we should get a ton of track time.

Only one I cant do it Oct 14th.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Ok guys. Let's try to set up a meet time in the next few weeks as the MANDATORY drivers meeting to finalize date and collect fees so we know exactly how much it is.

Zambono as for instructors it can be up to others to ride in your car if both parties agree.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Drummerboy is infamous around these parts
I'm in.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Awesome Roberto.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:03 PM
TMAC is infamous around these parts
I would like to do this but I have a lot going on between now and the end of the year which could cause that not to happen. I will have to stay on the fence for right now.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:07 PM
ok guys. Seriously, let me know when everyone would like to meet to discuss next steps. I need to put a depost of 25% down in order to hold the track. And $2500 is a lot of dough for people to back out. Thanks.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:39 AM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
Berk - so Shenandoah would be 8500? I would seriously consider it, it would bring the price down and the track is awesome...

Here is a in car from Friday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF8Ho...eature=related

Old 09-15-2010, 07:53 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Monday, November 15th

Either track is fine with me.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:15 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
+1 for November.

+100 for Shenandoah. For cost but most importantly the challenge. Its my favorite track thus far. The straightaway right under the bridge then dropping into the Karousel is friggin out of this world. Then the most intricate mix of turns back to back that catapult you into a curved straightaway. I need a fix right now!

Old 09-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Ok - so when can we all meet to pool the money together. I'm open to do Shenandoah as well. The ball is in our court now to pool the money together and we have the track. CAN'T WAIT GUYS!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MAMC Summit Point Rental CONFIRMED....Oct/Nov dates