Anyone know any Home Theater installation folks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 01:39 PM
AvusRS6 is infamous around these partsAvusRS6 is infamous around these parts
Anyone know any Home Theater installation folks

I'm looking to have my home theather room redone and was wondering if anyone had any good experiences with any folks locally.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:42 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
yes, I've got a guy for you. His name is Jeff Street. His number is 571 . 722 . 3002. Tell him you are a friend of mine. He did a 6speed member's theater in the house w/ projector set up and speakers in the walls like the theater's. SICK set up.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:42 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
He's about to do my house as well.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:50 PM
THanks Berk...pricing good? I got a $105K quote from a company...I was like WTF. My theather room is small too.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:56 PM
His pricing is ALWAYS good. Tell him you know me. And I'm not just saying that. If you want, I can call him with you and do the soft hand off. PM me your cell phone. I think I have it in my old phone, but not on my work cell. Everyone I've sent him to notice he is very reasonable on his prices. He does homes throughout Ashburn as well as Potomac, so he's reputable. I'm meticulous when it comes to my projects and he came recommended to me. Let me know. I'm more than willing to help.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:51 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I did my own about six years ago and it's not all that hard, but it's definitely not like normal construction. Mine is something like Berk was describing, and it's WAY better than any commercial movie theater. The room is only 11x21, enough for two rows of 3 seats. Total costs were less than $20k and that was when decent projectors cost over $5K. Some of the installers think a fair markup on everything is 100% or more.

Go to avsforum.com to find the information you need, be it DIY or a local installer with a good reputation. Be careful though, the people there do everything to the nth degree.

Last edited by deckman; 09-14-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
oh boy..........good luck

Old 09-14-2010, 06:41 PM
bogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nice
I have used Sean, the owner of Iq home entertainment in Fairfax for years. Hes great. Fair pricing , and excellent knowledge. He just did mine. He used to be at Myer emco 703-218-9855.

Tell him i sent you (Seth) you wont be disapointed. Good Luck

Old 09-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
damn, neg repping me

Old 09-15-2010, 04:49 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Being in the high end residential market, this particular request could bring in bids all over the place. Most theater groups do just the AV portion and none of the actual room design, drawings, furniture, lighting, sound attenuation, etc. The groups that do, mostly sub out everything including the design process then mark it up. You have to decide if you are looking for a showpiece or a nuts and bolts system you can take with you when you move.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:08 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
You have to decide if you are looking for a showpiece or a nuts and bolts system you can take with you when you move.
Very good advice Scott. On the better home theaters the big costs are in the construction methods and materials. Much effort and expense can be spent on the acoustics and sound isolation of the room itself, not the electronics that go along with it. All of that expense stays when you move. If I had to do it over again, I would hire a designer for the room.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:32 AM
THanks all...my 2 A/V engineers are coming off a project next week (didn't realize this) and they will do my house

Old 09-15-2010, 01:32 PM
atleung is infamous around these partsatleung is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AvusRS6
THanks all...my 2 A/V engineers are coming off a project next week (didn't realize this) and they will do my house
Doing a MILSPEC home theater ?

Old 09-15-2010, 01:38 PM
....that would be pretty sick and not done before.

Originally Posted by atleung
Doing a MILSPEC home theater ?

Old 09-15-2010, 02:42 PM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
I paid $1k for my lowly klipsch 5.1 setup, and it's quite good I must say.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone know any Home Theater installation folks