"Got a Guy" Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 02:59 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Question "Got a Guy" Thread

Hey Guys,

Thought I would start this thread for everyone looking for some "IN's" and/or fair labor / hook-up's in the DC Metro Area. So, if anyone needs any of the following or would like to post up if someone "KNOWS" where they can get a hook-up, let me know and I can PM you their numbers or just POST AWAY for the Mid-Atlantic to assist:
  • Handy Man (Jeff Street) - does basements, home theater's, fences, deck's, paint, drywall patch, plumbing, etc)
  • Carpet Company (Torey Russo) - redid the carpet in my entire townhouse for a fraction of what Lowe's quoted me for better grade carpet
  • Lawyer (John Boneta) - this guy not only still trains the cadette's at Fairfax Police Academy, but he was also a FFX Cop in his past and former Prosecutor. He represents the Eastern's Family as well.
  • Real Estate Agent (John Vickery)- He knows the in's and out's of the best neighborhoods, not to mention, helped us also find a fantastic tenant for our townhome to rent within one week of listing
  • Tuner's ( Clarke Chitty in Manassas; Charlie @ Intersport; John @ Foreign Affairs) - Know several owner's in the area who have worked on all my cars for fair prices
  • Insurance (John McCombs at Liberty Mutual) - We've been insured with him for YEARS under our home, car, rental and rider policies. GREAT guy and fair prices. He also does life insurance
  • Mortgage (Armando Quinones) - I've known Armando for 10 years and he has done my last 3 mortgages and I ONLY trust him
  • Accountant (Brian Skelton at www.skeltoncpa.com) - Brian and I go way back, he is outstanding and does personal and business taxes and tax consulting. Not to mention, has one of the sickest car collections I know
  • Adult Entertainment (won't share his name - but you know who you are brother ) - any of you who want to hang out at a nice club in Baltimore, just let me know....
  • Handguns, Rifle's, Ammunition, etc (PM me and I can put you in touch with my dealer) - Great guy to deal with and he's in Fairfax and Prince William County
  • Pre-owned Luxury Cars (Omar Hilmi @ Intersport) - I've known Omar for year's and he is a stand up guy and a good personal friend. I've bought a couple cars from him and he has helped some of my closest friends
  • Custom Jewelry & Family Photography- (I can PM you the name of the Jewelry Designer and close family friend who does Family Photography shots - she is GREAT and professional)
  • Internist - (Dr Siabash Sobhani) - Been my family doctor for YEARS
That's a good start.....Feel free to add or take advantage of.

Last edited by boochook; 12-11-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:11 PM
PHOENIX RISING is infamous around these parts
Dude,

All I can say is WHAT A GREAT IDEA for a thread!!! Awesome, and BTW, I know who I will PM the next time I am looking for something.

Thanks for posting!!!

Old 09-14-2010, 07:20 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
NP bud. We all need to watch out for each other.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:37 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
wow sorry for not contributing but this is awesome.
Anyone knows someone who do quality work on decks/patios? moved into new house in Vienna and wondering if there's good landscaping company out there.

Does Jeff Street have a website? Just curious if he posts any of his work online. Thanks!

Old 09-15-2010, 10:29 AM
AvusRS6 is infamous around these partsAvusRS6 is infamous around these parts
I have an awesome Stone/Brick patio, driveway, retaining wall guy if anyone is interested. He's cheap too. Charges between $15 to $18 per sq foot with concrete underneath including the pavers or stone. Cheaper if you don't use concrete and just go gravel.

He's done my last 3 houses, has had the same crew for the last 8 years, reliable too.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:31 AM
AvusRS6 is infamous around these partsAvusRS6 is infamous around these parts
Berk, PM me your carpet guy's number. We're going to redo our entire upstairs (we're sick of hardwood floors)

Old 09-15-2010, 11:11 AM
Jeff doesn't have a site, but you can call him (or Alex's as well to compare). His cell is 571 . 722 . 3002. Tell him you know me, BERK.

Originally Posted by Enilder
wow sorry for not contributing but this is awesome.
Anyone knows someone who do quality work on decks/patios? moved into new house in Vienna and wondering if there's good landscaping company out there.

Does Jeff Street have a website? Just curious if he posts any of his work online. Thanks!

Old 09-15-2010, 11:11 AM
PM'd you.....His name is Torey Russo.

Originally Posted by AvusRS6
Berk, PM me your carpet guy's number. We're going to redo our entire upstairs (we're sick of hardwood floors)

Old 09-18-2010, 07:40 PM
Anybody got a hook up for tires? For the Porsche. Size is

265/35/18
315/25/18

Old 09-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Mich PS2 315/25/18 $700 the pair

Old 09-19-2010, 12:10 PM
SHIELDZE1025 is infamous around these parts
Great thread Berk, I don't have anything off the top of my head but I'll think about it and post up later. Wedding yesterday so I'm not thinking too straight right now lol

Old 09-19-2010, 12:29 PM
EDIT rears need to be 315/30/18. PS2 is nice but pricey. How about nittos, kumho or toyo? Thanks.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boochook
Jeff doesn't have a site, but you can call him (or Alex's as well to compare). His cell is 571 . 722 . 3002. Tell him you know me, BERK.
Thanks! I will give him a call! I've been to Myer Emco, several people who are experts in home theater but nothing yet. I wanted to do 2 rows of seating with a riser and the mark-up seems to be quite inevitable since they hire someone else to do these work except installation. I will ask him and find out. Thanks again!

Speaking of which, if I want high quality marbles for main floor, is there a "go-to" place? I know a guy who does the work for me but I had to get these tiles/materials from Mosaic Tile place in Chantilly.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:38 AM
4RECAT is infamous around these parts4RECAT is infamous around these parts
As a chick, the "Got A Guy" thread was NOT what I expected!

Damn!

Good idea though. I have a few names to contribute too, when I get a chance.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:02 AM
HAHAHAHA....Cyndi....yo u are a trip....

Well, we can post up a NSFW Thread for Got A Guy for you if you'd like......Most men would jump all over that opportunity with you....

Hope all is well. It's been a long time.....LIKE over 2 years since I saw you last......where you at???

Originally Posted by 4RECAT
As a chick, the "Got A Guy" thread was NOT what I expected!

Damn!

Good idea though. I have a few names to contribute too, when I get a chance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: "Got a Guy" Thread