Any Suggestion in DC Metro Area for BWM Dealer with Good Service Dept

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 09:47 AM
1 slow 97 is infamous around these parts
Any Suggestion in DC Metro Area for BWM Dealer with Good Service Dept

My girlfriend just picked up a new X5( V8 with the 20's) and is looking for a good dealer ship to have it serviced at. She live's in Herndon, and would be willing to go pretty much anywhere in NOVA. Any recommendations would be helpful.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:25 PM
SHIELDZE1025 is infamous around these parts
BMW of Sterling is the best in the area. I checked out Fairfax, Tischer, and Sterling and Sterling is much better than the others.

Ask for Shawn Peace, he's a great guy and will go out of his way to take care of you. Because of that though he has like a 3 week wait to get him as your SA lol.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:45 PM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
Originally Posted by M3-ADDICT
Fairfax has the coolest Loaners - Service is B+
Sterling has the crappiest Loaners - I'm talking like Dodge etc.. (No BMW). Service is D+
Wow really?! I have an appt next week for Sterling. No way in hell am I driving some ****ty dodge around. Guess I'll cancel the appt and try fairfax.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:57 PM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
Okay that was weird. Talked to the person at fairfax and they said there probably wouldn't be a loaner available and that he couldn't find out if I could get one. He suggested I find out when I get there on my appointment date...yeah great idea, let's drive to fairfax for service and find out that I can't get a loaner and have just wasted an hour driving there in traffic. I'm going to call on monday and see if I can't get someone more.....useful.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:58 PM
mdyaman is infamous around these parts
Okay that was weird. Talked to the person at fairfax and they said there probably wouldn't be a loaner available and that he couldn't find out if I could get one. He suggested I find out when I get there on my appointment date...yeah great idea, let's drive to fairfax for service and find out that I can't get a loaner and have just wasted an hour driving there in traffic. I'm going to call on monday and see if I can't get someone more.....useful.
yeah something has recently changed with BMW of FFX. I used to get cool loaners anytime, no problem. They even had the option for reserving a loaner when you made an appointment online.

But now they have changed. What i'm finding out is that it depends on the maintenance to be performed. If its just a oil change, you can expect no loaner. If it is something more involved and time consuming, then your chances are "maybe" if a car is available.

maybe they reduced the size of thier loaner fleet, or maybe people were abusing.

Something has really changed over the past few months...

Old 10-25-2010, 03:06 PM
Well I'm certain ffx bmw is inept, I tried again to find out but got nowhere. I didn't cancel my sterling appt so I'm just gonna stick with them. Crappy loaner > no loaner.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by M3-ADDICT
Fairfax has the coolest Loaners - Service is B+
Sterling has the crappiest Loaners - I'm talking like Dodge etc.. (No BMW). Service is D+

That's is incorrect. Good friend of mine recently had his e92 335i in for service twice in two weeks and received a BMW loaner each time. His second loaner was a white M-tech 335i sedan. He wanted to keep driving that more than he wanted to pick up his own car. I bought my e46 M3 at FFX and serviced it at Sterling if that tells you anything... +1 for Sterling. Also had a mod friendly SA at Sterling which was really neat.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:59 PM
1 slow 97 is infamous around these parts
I took my last X5 to Fairfax and received horrible service. So it looks like sterling it is. Will let you know the results. Thanks for all the info.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:11 PM
SHIELDZE1025 is infamous around these parts
I've only gotten a loaner once from fairfax and it was a toyota. I've gotten bmw loaners 100% of the time at Sterling.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:28 AM
My experience went well with Sterling. $172 for the oil change and they fixed the CEL under warranty (apparently there was an updated for my ECU).

I got a Mini Cooper S which was basically brand new. Fun little car to drive, everytime you shift from 1 to 2 full throttle the tires squawk

I was surprised that they actually washed my car too, that was a nice surprise because it desperately needed a wash.