Fairlakes Cars & Coffee

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 12:27 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RogueS60R
Left Occocuan today and decided to do my loop before I went in for the day. I stopped over in Cabin John at the Irish Inn to grab a Ale and guess what was parked in front. A white Lexus FLA! First one I have seen in the area.
Never did get to meet the owner, and did not want to hang around to much longer like a stalker. Maryland plate, has anyone else seen this car?
I was gonna ask if it was this one...but upon closer inspection I noticed VA tags. I can't picture an MD one off the top of my head, but I know I've seen a black one too.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:00 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Tonk - he is asking about an LFA (he says FLA in his post). Lexus supercar. Your picture is of an ISF....no knock on the ISF but that car is not even in the same hemisphere as an LFA.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:40 AM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
Left Occocuan today and decided to do my loop before I went in for the day. I stopped over in Cabin John at the Irish Inn to grab a Ale and guess what was parked in front. A white Lexus FLA! First one I have seen in the area.
Never did get to meet the owner, and did not want to hang around to much longer like a stalker. Maryland plate, has anyone else seen this car?
I have a friend / client who has one and he does live in MD. I haven't seen it yet and don't know what color it is, I will find out. It came from Rockville Lexus. He ordered it way way back.

I know he loves the car and drives it a lot... which says something b/c he also has Carrera GT, SL65, DB9, twin turbo-ed F 360, various Turbo 911s ....... and on and on and on.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by amerlemans
Tonk - he is asking about an LFA (he says FLA in his post). Lexus supercar. Your picture is of an ISF....no knock on the ISF but that car is not even in the same hemisphere as an LFA.
Oh damn...thanks for pointing that out. I had a pretty exhausting weekend and my brain somehow read that as ISF haha. I still need to make it out to this C&C. It's a tossup for me between this and Annapolis. I like the variety that comes to Fairlakes more though. I'm heading to a car show in Frederick, MD this Sunday, maybe I can hit Fairlakes prior.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:51 AM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
Old 04-11-2011, 04:51 PM
RogueS60R is infamous around these parts
Sorry for my screw up, yes LFA smart *^#. It was a 2am in the morning posting, what do want out me. In any case 375k worth of disposable income is in impressive in any hemisphere.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by WeisachWilli
I have a friend / client who has one and he does live in MD. I haven't seen it yet and don't know what color it is, I will find out. It came from Rockville Lexus. He ordered it way way back.

I know he loves the car and drives it a lot... which says something b/c he also has Carrera GT, SL65, DB9, twin turbo-ed F 360, various Turbo 911s ....... and on and on and on.
I saw a white one with MD tags at the Aston Martin dealership in Tysons this past weekend. Talked to the owner about it, was a good guy. Very funny! This was my favorite remark he made about it.. " When Lexus told me they were going to make a super car I said sign me up, thought it was going to be 100k.." Then the few of us around shared a laugh.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Ken Lally is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rcollum
I missed last week's event - I understand there was a pretty good turnout, but this week was amazing, too.

--Bob Collum
What kind of car is that yellow/blue roadster?

Old 04-12-2011, 09:58 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
That's a Lister Jaguar replica. Modified Corvette Z06 engine, with over 600hp, and that car is light... It's pretty impressive.

--Bob Collum

Old 04-12-2011, 10:08 AM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
Originally Posted by Misanors4
I saw a white one with MD tags at the Aston Martin dealership in Tysons this past weekend. Talked to the owner about it, was a good guy. Very funny! This was my favorite remark he made about it.. " When Lexus told me they were going to make a super car I said sign me up, thought it was going to be 100k.." Then the few of us around shared a laugh.
That is probably him... he has some Astons.... real nice early 60-ish white guy? He is a funny and really nice down-to-earth guy.... and he has a lot of really really nice cars!!

Old 04-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by rcollum
That's a Lister Jaguar replica. Modified Corvette Z06 engine, with over 600hp, and that car is light... It's pretty impressive.

--Bob Collum
I know the owner well... I am not positive about this but I think it has a lot more than 600hp... at crank and wheel.

He basically built that whole car excepting driveline.... as in made his own carbon fiber body panels, all aero, all interior (as in sewed seat covers himsalef), exhaust... you name it. Engine is fully tweaked modern Vette engine (?LS7?), most suspension is from C5 vette, brakes C5 I think, I think trans is some GM box but not sure, race clutch.... the list is endless and the attention to detail is really phenominal. That car is a one of a kind true piece of art that is capable of making even the most experinced driver say "whooaaaa".

I think I know how to do a few things automotive and have a few half-cool cars.... comparatively he makes people like me look like little kids playing in a sandbox.

The guy is a genius and meticulous to the nth degree, I think has some real university-level automotive engineering background. That yellow 70's replica 911-RSR is his, he built that too.... and he has another 911 based track-car project in the works that is slated to be 1000hp.... that is going to be a really cool one too... but doubt you'll see it at a coffee meet unless its on trailer.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
now this is getting amusing if I know my local "history".

Sorry Missed last Sunday for sure! wish I could have been there to see the lister rep!

Anyone headed for the Rennlist drive on the 17th?

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ks-10am-o.html

Old 04-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by WeisachWilli
That is probably him... he has some Astons.... real nice early 60-ish white guy? He is a funny and really nice down-to-earth guy.... and he has a lot of really really nice cars!!
Yup, sounds like him! I should have asked what else he had in his collection, must be pretty nice if he has an LFA cause I know that wouldn't be the car I would buy if I "only" had 400k.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:01 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tonk
Oh damn...thanks for pointing that out. I had a pretty exhausting weekend and my brain somehow read that as ISF haha. I still need to make it out to this C&C. It's a tossup for me between this and Annapolis. I like the variety that comes to Fairlakes more though. I'm heading to a car show in Frederick, MD this Sunday, maybe I can hit Fairlakes prior.
No worries buddy. Just wanted to help out. I'd love to see that LFA in person if the member on here can talk the owner into bringing it out to one of the Fair Lakes, Rockville, etc. Cars N Coffee meets.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:05 AM
Banned
Sorry for my screw up, yes LFA smart *^#. It was a 2am in the morning posting, what do want out me. In any case 375k worth of disposable income is in impressive in any hemisphere.
No screw up bro. I knew exactly what you were talking about.

Last edited by amerlemans; 04-18-2011 at 04:31 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fairlakes Cars & Coffee