Fairlakes Cars & Coffee

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sunir
Tonk bud nice pics! post a few up of my GT2 with the headlights and tail light treatments...wanna gauge some opinions...or maybe we should do a thread on the 996TT/GT2 forum instead, that will drive more traffic and opinions...what do you think buddy?

so far I've gotten good feedback but still looking for more feeback...
You can grab them from my flickr page. If you need me to explain how to download them shoot me a text/e-mail.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:24 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sunir
I saw you pulled over on the southbound hwy as I was driving back to Bmore heading I95 Northbound, it was in the evening around 7ish or so...I saw a red 996TT with yellow front headlights and thought it was you. Did they say anything about your yellow headlights?

Yeah got a $70 fine for no front tag, I was hoping for a warning but no such luck...however the cop didn't say anything about my tints, smoked film tail light treatments, or headlight treament (laminex film like Scott's but blue instead of yellow like his) ...

I am glad we were not speeding.

S

Sunir,

Did you buy the car w/the laminex already on the headlights....or did you put it on? Did you do the smoked film on the tails as well and if so what did you use? Looks great man! !

Old 05-31-2011, 11:43 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tonk
You can grab them from my flickr page. If you need me to explain how to download them shoot me a text/e-mail.
I'll try to do that bud...last time though I think I had a issue with sizing them when I posted the pics... I may need some help ...doh!

Old 05-31-2011, 11:54 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vntperformance
Sunir,

Did you buy the car w/the laminex already on the headlights....or did you put it on? Did you do the smoked film on the tails as well and if so what did you use? Looks great man! !
Thanks Val ... I actually did not have any headlight or tail light treatments on the car when I got it.

I had a shop called AP tint up near eldersburg MD install the headlight and taillight treatments...for the headlights (which I already had a layer of Avery ppf clear on) and smoked side markers we went with a blue laminex because I thought it would be less noticible than the yellow which are very bright and illegal here in this country...for the rear tail lights they used a film specifically made for tail light treatments and it had a smoked finish to it... I thought it made the rear of the car look pretty aggresive, they also did the 3rd brake light on the GT2 decklid/wing area with the same material... had all this done while I was there for window tinting, so got a lot done all in the same day!

Old 05-31-2011, 01:10 PM
Chris I think I got it to work, all except for the front head on shot which for some reason was not sized as large as the others (i think my photbucket had some issues with that one but not the others)...could you repost that front pic on my thread

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ghts-done.html

thanks bro...very nice pics by the way!!!

Old 06-07-2011, 09:44 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Need to attend one of these next Sunday, who else is going?

Sunir I've been putting it off long enough, need to get the door windows tinted so I'll hit up those those guys.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
Should I wash the 1000miles of parkway bugs off my car or just show up for coffee on sunday with the patina of a freakin great vacation?

Old 06-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
I may make the trek down again depending on what the weather does.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:52 AM
Former Vendor
EuroSportDC is infamous around these parts
I hope you don't mind a shameless plug.

I'm hosting an event on Sunday, June 19th that's called EuroSportDC. Its a car tour event starting from Ferrari of Washington in Dulles, VA and driving to Patapsco State Valley Park in MD. Its open to Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, Maserati, Aston Martin and Lotus.

Perhaps your group can meet up at Fairlakes and come to the event!

The event includes a breakfast at FOW and a BBQ lunch at the park. In addition, we are doing People's Choice Awards. The cost for the day is $35 a person.

Goto www.EuroSportDC.com to check it out.

We would enjoy to see you all at out event.

Kevin Sims

Old 06-11-2011, 09:55 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Fair Lakes For 06/12/11

All:

I've asked the owner of the Gulf Racing-liveried GT40 replica if he will bring it to Fair Lakes tomorrow (06/12/11), and if he can have his brother bring his Ford GT 40. He has agreed. We'll get them to park next to each other - should make for some great pictures! (Bob S. told me both were there last week, but I missed it, and have seen no pictures.)

See you all there...

--Bob Collum

Attached Images  
Old 06-11-2011, 10:02 AM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
here you go!

Hey bob. I took a few.

Old 06-11-2011, 01:10 PM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Thanks, Chris - I hadn't seen your pics. I'm hoping we have another chance tomorrow.

I didn't see you at Katie's today - see you at Fair Lakes?

--Bob Collum

Old 06-11-2011, 03:02 PM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
nope didn't make it out today. I'm leaving for Jersey for the Viper ACRX series race at 5:30ish, so I won't make it to Kohls. Hopefully the rain stays away.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Have a great time, Chris.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:26 PM
^^^The GT40 next to the GT is awesome!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fairlakes Cars & Coffee