Fairlakes Cars & Coffee

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Lowcash is infamous around these parts
Great turnout this morning.

The rest of them: http://s320.photobucket.com/albums/n...view=slideshow

Old 09-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
That orange hot rod is pretty cool

Old 09-12-2011, 02:01 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
red 458 Italia is just so beautiful...classic color for the car indeed!

Old 09-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Jamerikan is a jewel in the roughJamerikan is a jewel in the roughJamerikan is a jewel in the rough
Is it safe to say Katie's C&C has more turnout than this one? Just wanted to get a sense for it.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:15 AM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Jamerikan
Is it safe to say Katie's C&C has more turnout than this one? Just wanted to get a sense for it.
You're fortified castle surrounded by 10 million crazy monkeys safe. Kohls is a good meet though.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:23 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Katie's vs Fair Lakes

Originally Posted by Jamerikan

Yes - I go regularly to both. Katie's has grown in the last two years to, best guess, between 150-200 cars on an average Saturday during the summer. Fair Lakes has, I believe, around 30-50 cars on average.

The bigger difference is, Fair Lakes is all in one area, and Katie's is spread between two or more separate lots. Also, to get a space on the 'main' parking lot at Katie's, you now need to arrive before 7AM on Saturday. No one gets to Fair Lakes until between 8 and 8:30AM on Sundays.

Both are fun, with a little crossover in attendance.

--Bob Collum

Old 09-15-2011, 06:15 AM
Originally Posted by rcollum
Yes - I go regularly to both. Katie's has grown in the last two years to, best guess, between 150-200 cars on an average Saturday during the summer. Fair Lakes has, I believe, around 30-50 cars on average.

The bigger difference is, Fair Lakes is all in one area, and Katie's is spread between two or more separate lots. Also, to get a space on the 'main' parking lot at Katie's, you now need to arrive before 7AM on Saturday. No one gets to Fair Lakes until between 8 and 8:30AM on Sundays.

--Bob Collum
I prefer Fair Lakes because all the parking spots are 'main/good' parking spots and like Bob said people usually don't show until 8 or 8:30. The downside to Fair Lakes is the only shade is in Starbucks.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:11 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
No other C&C compares to Katies, period. Not Kohls, not maple lawn, not Annapolis.

The caliber of cars, the vintage, the wide array, the sheer numbers....Katies has it covered. The other C&C are fun and a bunch of great cars and guys, but you will find many Katies cars at any of these as well...still go though if you can, they are all fun. Katies is SUPER early though the only draw back...but if you're going for car watching it's the place to be.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:34 PM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sunir
No other C&C compares to Katies, period. Not Kohls, not maple lawn, not Annapolis.

The caliber of cars, the vintage, the wide array, the sheer numbers....Katies has it covered. The other C&C are fun and a bunch of great cars and guys, but you will find many Katies cars at any of these as well...still go though if you can, they are all fun. Katies is SUPER early though the only draw back...but if you're going for car watching it's the place to be.
You also get FREE flyers @ Katies....... I like flyers and turtles....

Old 09-17-2011, 04:51 PM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
Anyone planning on checking out the Mclean Insurance Car Show after this? It starts at 10:00am and we'd have a nice little cruise up route 28 to get there.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by chrcowan
Anyone planning on checking out the Mclean Insurance Car Show after this? It starts at 10:00am and we'd have a nice little cruise up route 28 to get there.
I'm down for cruising over to check it out.

Old 09-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Jamerikan is a jewel in the roughJamerikan is a jewel in the roughJamerikan is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by chrcowan
You're fortified castle surrounded by 10 million crazy monkeys safe. Kohls is a good meet though.
Haha, that's funny. Thanks for the info. I was at Katie's this morning and it was packed. Might try and make it over to Kohls.

Old 09-17-2011, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by rcollum

--Bob Collum
Thanks Bob. Sounds like a nice place to go.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:47 PM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Fair Lakes, 09/18/11

I got there late - around 10AM, so some had already left. Still a good bunch there at that time, though - and another Elise showed up later, though I never saw the owner.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 09-18-2011, 01:49 PM
Fair Lakes, 09/18/11 - Part 2

Some more of the cars there today...

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fairlakes Cars & Coffee