Where to buy Pentosin in the DMV, nevermind the dealer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Question Where to buy Pentosin in the DMV, nevermind the dealer?

Hey Guys,

Can any of you locals point me in the right direction on where I can buy Pentosin in the md/dc/va area? Shop name/phone/addy would be great.

Thank you kindly,
-V

Old 01-11-2011, 05:29 AM
Euro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud of
What fluid in particular? They make lots......

Old 01-11-2011, 07:47 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I bought Pentosin 11S here. $20 for a liter. It arrived the next day I think and they were nice people. Did you figure out what the problem was?

Old 01-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deckman
I bought Pentosin 11S here. $20 for a liter. It arrived the next day I think and they were nice people. Did you figure out what the problem was?
Im suspecting it's either the accumulator or the slave cylinder; as soon as I get sometime, i'll put it up in the air and swap it out. I was thinking about doing the GT2 conversion, but decided not to because of pedal feel & plus the stock accumulator/slave lasted 8+ years so if I get that same life out of the new one, I'm good.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:01 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I have both replacements in my garage. Do you have a lift? I'd be happy to help with the swap. The slave is above the transmission and from what I read it would be a tough job if your car is on jack stands.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Banned
I have both replacements in my garage. Do you have a lift? I'd be happy to help with the swap. The slave is above the transmission and from what I read it would be a tough job if your car is on jack stands.

Have you done the swap before? Do you have access to a lift, I don't... I was going to go to self-service auto care in Glen Burnie and work on mine there.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Banned

Thanks, I just ordered it from your source. I spoke to Olympic today too (local euro parts shops) and they stock Pentosin 11, but ****..it's $28.20 per litre. I checked my reservior next to the battery and it's full and not spilling over. But my p/s reservior is low. Not sure what that means, but maybe you can shed some light? Thanks!

Old 01-20-2011, 05:07 PM
It is migrating from one to the other. Do you have the repair manual? There is a measurement test you can do to see if the slave is bad. I can't remember if you said yours was leaking under the car or not, there are so many people that have this problem its hard to keep them straight. Typically if the slave is bad it will leak from the reservoir lid in the front of the car, and as a result the PS reservoir in the back will be low.

Like some others, I have wrapped a rag around the front reservoir to catch whatever may leak and also use a syringe to transfer the overfilled front to the underfilled rear until I get a chance to replace the slave.