NY Auto Show 4/22/11 - 5/1/11

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
NY Auto Show 4/22/11 - 5/1/11

Anyone going up to the NY Auto Show in the Spring? I haven't been in a few years and I'm thinking about going up this year. May even take a bus (Bolt bus, Mega bus) since it's cheaper overall and I wouldn't have to worry about driving.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Woo I got a press pass. I think I'll be going up on Wednesday 4/20.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Is this the same show that hits DC every year?

Old 01-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
Is this the same show that hits DC every year?
It's similar in the respect that there are 2011 cars on display, but there are a TON more. It's held at the Jacob Javitz convention center which is huge. There are also a lot more modded cars, plus a lot lot lot more exotics. I've seen Enzos, MC12's, Saleen S7's, Spykers, etc up there on display. They also have a lot more concept cars. It's comparable to the LA Auto Show or Detroit Auto Show, but just a tad smaller, and not as many "debut reveals" if you know what I mean.

Here's the website: http://www.autoshowny.com/

Old 01-28-2011, 06:33 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
That's good to hear. The DC show starts this weekend and is always a bore. Just never ends up being worth the time invested to go down and look at mainstream corporate wares.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:03 AM
doug2255 has a spectacular aura aboutdoug2255 has a spectacular aura about
Thsre's a good chance I will going with a freind. We both went last year and took the train. It was easy and relaxing, vs driving. It was the 1st time I've taken a train ride in a long time. The show is so much better than the here in Baltimore. Never been to the DC show, so I can't compare.

This year, we were also thinking of trying a bus trip.

How did you get a press pass??

Old 03-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by doug2255
Thsre's a good chance I will going with a freind. We both went last year and took the train. It was easy and relaxing, vs driving. It was the 1st time I've taken a train ride in a long time. The show is so much better than the here in Baltimore. Never been to the DC show, so I can't compare.

This year, we were also thinking of trying a bus trip.

How did you get a press pass??
I'm also thinking of booking a bus trip. Megabus/Bolt Bus would cost like $30 round trip, which is way cheaper than gas, tolls, and parking.

I got my press pass because I'll be shooting for Mischief. You'd have to be covering the event for a site/magazine/etc. It's not really that hard to get as long as you can tell them who you'd be shooting for.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Booked my tickets yesterday for Megabus. $34.50 round trip. They announced recently there they will have the new 800-hp Super Snake on display as well as a Bugatti Veyron. I'm excited.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:33 AM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
Let me know if you guys wanna meet up. I'll be working in NYC and can stop over to check it out.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:57 PM
I forgot to update this thread when I got back Wednesday night.

I took lots of great pics of exotics including a Veyron, 458 Italia, SLS AMG, LF-A, Spyker C8, some Aston Martins, an LP570, and some others. Got pictures of most (if not all) of the concepts. And I also got a bunch of the models.

Some of the manufacturers had food and drinks (bagels, fruit, water, soda, etc) but Infiniti actually had beer and wine so my friend and I hung out there for a little bit. Rolls Royce had a champagne toast later in the day that I totally forgot to stop by for...doh!

The only press conference we watched was for the new 2012 Impreza which was the world premier. It's sort-of weird looking but I'm sure we'll all get used to it, just like every previous model.

edit: Here's a thread with all my pictures! https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...auto-show.html

Last edited by Tonk; 04-23-2011 at 10:58 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.