Exotic Car Show for Non-Profit: Need Participants!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 02:43 PM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
FINAL PREP
If you did not register to show your car...no worries. You are more than welcome to attend the cruise and event as a guest. You will have to pay for entry into the show, but it's not very much. If you really want to show your car, you may also be allowed to enter on-site (in which case you still have to donate $20). We'll figure that out. In general, I have no idea who is going as a "participant" and who is going as a "guest," so I don't think it matters that much.

In order to accommodate everyone interested in driving up together Sat. morning, the route has been finalized. The show opens at 10:00am and my goal is to get us there by 9:00am so that we have time to clean off the cars a bit. We will be stopped at each location to allow people to arrive and to refuel as needed. For the most part, this is a moving train so if you miss us at one location it will be on you (although obviously we’ll try to accommodate). PM me if you want my cell number.

In addition, I will be leading the caravan, but if at any point you want to pass me you should feel free. Everyone will know where we’re going and when (roughly) we’re going to get there, so we can just catch up with you there. In general, I will cruise at 10 miles over the posted speed limit (unless the limit is ridiculous). Again, we’ll be stopping almost every 45 mins. for water, food, fuel, etc. so that shouldn’t be a big problem.

What to bring:
- Quick detailer, cloths, etc. if you want to clean your car before the show.
- Smart phone, navigation system, or atlas.
- Camera, walkie talkie, etc.
- Please also arrive at your first stop with a fuel tank of gas.
- A printed copy of this post and the map below.

PRINT THIS MAP:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...1,3.532104&z=8

A. TYSONS CORNER, VA [arrive whenever – leave by 5:10am] (gasp): The Northern VA people should meet at the Starbucks in Tysons Corner, VA. (8520 Suite D, Leesburg Pike, Vienna, VA, 22103, 703-760-7037). This should be a familiar location to many and it’s close to the beltway. We are leaving VERY early and will be on a tight timeline, but there is just no way to hit all of our check points without doing so. I HIGHLY suggest getting here early if you are coming from further South so that we don’t leave you behind. I’ll try to get there by 4:40am.

[30 min drive to College Park, MD]

B. COLLEGE PARK, MD [arrive 5:40am – leave by 6:00am]: We will be meeting a group of MD folks at the IKEA parking lot in College Park (10100 Baltimore Ave., College Park, MD 20740). Again, this should be a familiar location to people. We won’t be stopping for long, but it should give us enough of a window to connect.

[45 min drive to Baltimore, MD]

C. BALTIMORE, MD [arrive 6:45am – leave by 7:10am]: We will combine forces with a large group here at the Bob Evans (400 W. Padonia Rd., Luthersville-Timonium, MD 21093). Again, short window for everyone arriving, but we should have just enough time to get a quick break for fuel.

[45 min drive to York, PA]

D. YORK, PA [arrive 7:55am – leave 8:15am]: We can make a short stop at the McDonald’s in York, PA for anyone else in the area who wants to join us (1500 North George Street, York, PA, 717-848-6024). We know for sure that some more GTRs will be joining. I chose a location close to the highway and am told that it’s in a shopping center so it should be a good location.

[45 min drive to Hershey, PA]

E. HERSHEY, PA [arrive at 9:00am]: I’m assuming that we’ll see signs for the entrance to the show should the landscape be a bit confusing. We should also have enough flexibility in the schedule to account for some unexpected delays and still get there on time to clean the cars a little (Antique Auto Club of America Museum, 161 Museum Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, 717-566-7100).

In general, I hope these locations and times make sense, but again, let me know if you have any question. I’ll reiterate; we will be playing a game on the way up. The game is called “Make it There,” and the rules are simple…..if you make it there in one piece then you win….if you do something stupid and crash…then you lose.

Please also remember that there are two big events going on Sunday in VA. (1) We have the Deutche Marque Concourse in Vienna, VA and (2) the 2011 University of Maryland Spring Meet for Charity in College Park, MD. So again, I’m not sure how many people are planning on staying Sat. night, but given the Sunday events, I’m driving back that evening. I’m imagining that everyone will be a little spent by the end of the day, so the cruise back will likely be broken up into smaller groups (depending on when people want to leave). Obviously, we’ll see how it goes.

-Chris

Old 04-29-2011, 02:46 PM
one more thing...

I forgot to highlight that if you can convince your friends to tag along for the day, please do so.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:37 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Sunir and I may or may not be meeting the group at Bob Evans. Depends how long detailing his car takes tonight and how tired we are in the morning. If we're not there, don't wait for us (not that you would )

Old 04-29-2011, 06:40 PM
PixieLuv is infamous around these parts
My husband took all our quick detail to the rally.... grrrrr lol

Old 04-29-2011, 07:26 PM
RogueS60R is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Chris, outstanding job setting all of this up. Major rep points are due for all the work you put in bro! See ya in the am zero dark thirty.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:31 PM
tclark is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by prodigymb
Ughh I compeltely forgot to register. Can I still be in the show and pay on site. What time is roll in?

Yes, you can show up at the gate, we have a couple of open spots. You should arrive between 8:00 and 10:00AM.

Old 04-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Thanks everyone! I had a great time. I only now realize what a bad job I did taking pictures of the whole thing, but I've posted what I have on the facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Northe...40842562654424

Old 04-30-2011, 08:56 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
What a great event. Words can't express how amazing it was seeing not one, but two 599 GTO's in one spot, plus an F40, Spyker, and all the other rare and/or amazing sports cars. When I got home I took a 5-hour nap lol. I took almost 300 pictures so it will take a little while to go though everything. But here's a quick (unedited) teaser:

Last edited by Tonk; 04-30-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Thankyou!!!!!

Guys, I really wish I could personally thank each and every one of you for making this show. I tried to make the rounds and talk to each of you, but for one reason or another, it just wasn't possible. And a HUGE thanks to Chris Cowan for really stepping up and doing a lot of recruiting as well as completely organizing the road trip to Hershey from all points south.

There certainly was an awful lot of incredible machinery gathered together. But it was you guys who took the time to come from great distances that really made the show a success. Everyone at Castaway Critters was so impressed with the turnout of cars, and the caliber of the people who brought them. Can you imagine that after all of the cars were gone, there was not one single soda bottle, coffee cup or piece of trash anywhere on that entire show field.

You guys really stepped up for a great cause and really made our inaugural effort a success. Thankyou for being a part of it, and we really look forward to next year.

Tom Clark

Old 05-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Thanks

Thanks Tom for hosting a fantastic event. I'm looking forward to next year (and sticking to the route) Pos rep to everyone!!

-C

Old 05-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by chrcowan
Thanks Tom for hosting a fantastic event. I'm looking forward to next year (and sticking to the route) Pos rep to everyone!!

-C

Thanks Chris, wish we would have a little more time to talk. And to everyone who participated, please take 5 minutes to read this interview my wife did about a week ago. It's a great reflection on what they do, and reading it will make you feel good about helping our cause in Hershey on Saturday. http://network.bestfriends.org/17108/news.aspx

Old 05-07-2011, 09:38 PM
My pictures are up. Sorry for the delay in getting them posted but I had a busy week. Job that pays the bills takes priority over the hobby that doesn't

I'll hotlink the pictures in at a later date when I have some more time but right now I'm going to bed, so here's the link to the full album:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chriswa...7626670950870/

Old 05-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
My god that 599 GTO is the most beautiful car I've ever seen.

Old 05-08-2011, 04:15 PM
nax360 has a spectacular aura aboutnax360 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by amerlemans
My god that 599 GTO is the most beautiful car I've ever seen.
Which one there were two, personally I prefer the Rosso Mugello.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nax360
Which one there were two, personally I prefer the Rosso Mugello.
This one

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exotic Car Show for Non-Profit: Need Participants!!!