Exotic Car Rental in Maryland?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 01:21 PM
smbstyle is infamous around these parts

Hello,

I am getting married this May, and as an alternative to the traditional limo rental for my wedding, I was looking into the idea of renting an exotic to go from the church to the reception in. With this in mind, I began searching for exotic car rental companies in Maryland, and was unable to find anything I was looking for. There were a few companies in D.C. that had luxury sedans, but I am looking for something along the lines of a 997TT, 997GT3/RS, F430 or 360, Gallardo. The closest I could find those cars was in New Jersey, and betweeen the mileage and the two days of rental I would need due to the distance, it ended up being around $6k. I am looking for an only 3 hr rental (if that is even possible), or maybe just an afternoon rental, and looking to spend under $1,500.00 for that.

Am I being unreasonable for thinking I might be able to get that, and does anyone know of any exotic rental companies in Maryland?

Old 02-03-2011, 03:45 PM
ExactlyCake is infamous around these parts
May it be worth posting on a exotic forum for use of a private vehicle from a private owner? Someone may jump on the opportunity to make your special day that much more so.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:14 PM
tclark is infamous around these parts
Here you go!

A real coincidence. I just noticed this company today, and just now saw your thread. I have no affiliation blah blah etc....
http://www.mach5cars.com/

Old 02-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by ExactlyCake
May it be worth posting on a exotic forum for use of a private vehicle from a private owner? Someone may jump on the opportunity to make your special day that much more so.
Hm, thats actually a great idea!

If anyone on here with the type of car I am looking for would be interested in doing such a thing, or knows someone who would be interested, I would love it. (I figured I would start on here and try the specific exotic forums if I dont get any bites).

I would need to drive the car a total of 3.9 miles, it is a 10 minute drive from the Church to the Reception hall, and figured $500 for this would be sufficient? Of course the owner could bring the car to the church, follow me to the reception hall in a separate car (heck, even my CTS-V if they'd like), and then can leave with the car from there. I feel $500 would be more than sufficient for such little time? here is the driving map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.154324&z=13

I'd be happy to provide proof of insurance, a copy of my DL, a copy of my driving record and plenty of references to clear any concerns the owner would have of me driving their vehicle. I have plenty of experience with high hp and high performance cars; I worked for Leith Porsche in Cary during high school and had the opportunity to drive and detail several 911 turbos and a few GT3s, I owned a 608rwhp Kenne Bell Cobra with plenty of seat time behind that thing at the track, and just got back from running Sebring International Raceway with my CTS-V. There are probably a few people on this forum that can vouch for me too; I know Val (vntperformance) and have detailed a car or two for him, and ScottSSinMD probably knows me through the Mid Atlantic Cobra Association who I did a bunch of detailing for (my username on svtperformance is "getblown2k3".) www.protouch-detailing.com.

I told my fiancee that this is the only part of the wedding that I want to plan and have control of, haha, so if anyone would be interested in this opportunity please let me know!

Old 02-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by tclark
A real coincidence. I just noticed this company today, and just now saw your thread. I have no affiliation blah blah etc....
http://www.mach5cars.com/
wow, great timing!!!

I just emailed them. that F430 is extremely reasonable for $799 a day and is just what I am looking for. not only that, but free drop off and pick up in the D.C. area.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:35 AM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
agreed...

Originally Posted by smbstyle
wow, great timing!!!

I just emailed them. that F430 is extremely reasonable for $799 a day and is just what I am looking for. not only that, but free drop off and pick up in the D.C. area.
I agree. Their prices seem very reasonable. I rented a Viper before I bought one and I think this would be great to check out the Ferrari and Lambo. Heck, a Cayman is only $200....and, if you're looking at those cars, it would be a great way to get familiar with it. Thanks for the link Tom.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:55 AM
sunburned is infamous around these parts
Um, does that Mach 5 place really have a Scuderia for rent?? Now that would be worth it!

Congrats on the wedding man. I can vouch for you too if need be, except not many people here know me lol.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Congrats Scott. Are you planning on moving back to the DMV, I have some cars that would use a detail. = )

Old 02-08-2011, 05:16 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sunburned
I can vouch for you too if need be, except not many people here know me lol.
Funny you say that, Dale. Someone came in here a while back with the exact same request, more on the 'can I borrow your car even though you don't know me' part, and I believe it ended up being a spammer. Glad I bit my tongue and let it play out. This is a great connection. I would love to test ride a F-car and would be willing to split it with someone for a day of there is any interest out there.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:18 PM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
I'm going to check the site out...I might be your man date Scott! LOL!!!

M

Old 02-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
I'm serious about a rental. Mike, you name the weekend and let's giterdun. Should set up a cruise with a small group and take vids, etc. I say around the beginning of May.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:52 PM
samccaskill is infamous around these parts
Late to the discussion...

Hey guys,

I know I'm about 11 months late to the discussion, but I too am looking for a similar rental in Maryland.

Basically, it's for a bachelor party: drive the cars in the morning, play golf in the afternoon, get drunk with the bachelorette party at night.

We're all business professionals in our mid-30s, and it would probably be about 7-8 guys...with about 4-5 cars.

I just wanted to know how your experience went with Mach5? Or if you can point me in any different directions.

Thanks guys,
Scott
samccaskill@hotmail.com

Old 01-18-2012, 07:48 PM
gsrjc is infamous around these parts
You can always pay one of the exotic owners on here to rent their cars if they are willing...

Old 01-19-2012, 07:37 AM
samccaskill is infamous around these parts
Ok, thanks.

I'll start a new post/thread on here, and see if I get any replies or suggestions.

Thanks again!!
Scott

Old 07-21-2012, 03:34 AM
shanemok is infamous around these parts

I want to hire a limo rental for my vacations. I heard a lot about limousines but now i want to experience it. The service, luxury and convenience you receive with limo rental is unmatched by any other means of ground transportation..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Exotic Car Rental in Maryland?