looking for classic car mechanic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 09:52 AM
r_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud of
looking for classic car mechanic

I just picked up my first hoopty ('64 coupe deville) from the west coast and looking for recommendations on any local 'old car' shops/mechanics you've had good experience with. Let me know!

Old 02-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Not sure where in MD you are, but a buddy of mine is a mechanic in Silver Spring. Burnt Mills Auto. He has a falcon and did a complete resto of his boss's Chevy that won an award last Summer. You should give him a buzz and see what he can do, or where you should go if you are looking for an all out 'pimp-my-ride' resto.

Billy (301) 593-1100 Be sure to tell him Scott sent you.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:24 PM
r_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud of
Thanks scott, just got off the phone with him. He seems like a good guy but very busy. He told me he can try to check out the car next friday. So we'll see. Thanks!

Old 02-04-2011, 04:12 PM
911stripper has a spectacular aura about911stripper has a spectacular aura about
that is a slick ride !!!

Old 02-04-2011, 06:01 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Matt!!!! GRATS BUDDY!!!! Did you sell me the turbo wheels then go and buy this ride???? IT'S SICK SICK SICK!!!! Call my cell when you get a chance. I have to learn more about the car and your thoughts. When does it arrive????

Old 02-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by 911stripper
that is a slick ride !!!
Thanks man

Originally Posted by boochook
Matt!!!! GRATS BUDDY!!!! Did you sell me the turbo wheels then go and buy this ride???? IT'S SICK SICK SICK!!!! Call my cell when you get a chance. I have to learn more about the car and your thoughts. When does it arrive????
It just came in last Tuesday. I checked it out in person when I was in OC and just knew I had to have it. Its bagged all around with three switches. I'll hit you up this weekend. Here's an interior shot

Old 02-05-2011, 05:02 AM
997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light
If the weather breaks soon, you might want to go to Burtonsville on a Sunday morning to the cruise in the old Giant parking lot. There are a bunch of builders that go there and literally on nice days, there are hundreds of cars. Everything from exotics, rat rods, race cars, classics, muscle cars you name it. Lots of experience, knowledge and excellent workmanship. You can find out about all kinds of shops and see their work first hand. This link gives you an idea of what I'm talking about https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-maryland.html . When the thread was started the original location was closing but it just went across the street and it's as big as ever with good weather. Nice looking car by the way. Good luck.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by 997 rolls
If the weather breaks soon, you might want to go to Burtonsville on a Sunday morning to the cruise in the old Giant parking lot. There are a bunch of builders that go there and literally on nice days, there are hundreds of cars. Everything from exotics, rat rods, race cars, classics, muscle cars you name it. Lots of experience, knowledge and excellent workmanship. You can find out about all kinds of shops and see their work first hand. This link gives you an idea of what I'm talking about https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-maryland.html . When the thread was started the original location was closing but it just went across the street and it's as big as ever with good weather. Nice looking car by the way. Good luck.

Awesome, I've been there before when the turnout wasnt so great. Maybe I just picked bad days.

Its supposed to be 43 degrees and sunny tomorrow so I may just drive the caddy out there in the morning.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:10 AM
997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by r_matt_6
Awesome, I've been there before when the turnout wasnt so great. Maybe I just picked bad days.

Its supposed to be 43 degrees and sunny tomorrow so I may just drive the caddy out there in the morning.
Generally if the weather is good the turnout is excellent - rain no one shows, really cold and a few diehards come out. I might make it up if it's not raining, probably will bring the Shelby GT500.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:25 AM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
Post some more pics! Love that thing!

Old 02-05-2011, 10:19 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Nice car, more pics please!

Old 02-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by RFFG
Nice car, more pics please!
my buddy just took these pics the other day...

Old 02-22-2011, 06:28 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
SICK SICK SICK!!!! Hey, post at least a couple shots of the 996TT too man. Sorry I missed your call a couple weeks ago. I was in Colorado Springs at a conference so couldn't pick up b/c I was with some clients.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:34 AM
Ken Lally is infamous around these parts
Tony's Covette Shop (Gaithersburg) does resto work. Besides Vettes (including mine) i've seen them deal with other GM stuff, I am sure the mechanicals are pretty standard and simple...

Call Tony he is greatest. If he cannot help he will know.

http://www.tonyscorvetteshop.com/index.aspx

Old 02-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by boochook
SICK SICK SICK!!!! Hey, post at least a couple shots of the 996TT too man. Sorry I missed your call a couple weeks ago. I was in Colorado Springs at a conference so couldn't pick up b/c I was with some clients.
No worries man, I'll catch you at one of these events...

Ken- Thanks for the recommendation. The guy's shop looks amazing and looks to have loads of experience.