Paint protection and custom body work

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
I knew you had some British blood in you somewhere scotch.
Catch ya at some of the events this year (i promise)

Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
Good on Ya, Mate!!!!!!

Old 03-08-2011, 03:49 PM
1 slow 97 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dan1
I dont recommend going to Wagonworks. I have a couple clients who have had work done there and it didnt turn out well. The most recent had a back bumper repainted and during my inspection I found many sanding marks and it looks as if they did no polishing after sanding. Plus, it is now owned by a dealership.

I also have clients who went to D&V Auto Body and the work they do is very good. I have also been there myself and the place is very nice and the guys know what they are talking about there.
I also agree, D&V autobody is the best (They do all the collision work for lambo and Ferrari of washington). They repainted my entire car and did an amazing job. If the other guy doesn't work out, call and ask for Ron, tell him Jim sent you.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:08 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
100+ REP on Cliff, he did my Gallardo's LP560 bumper paint + install + clear bra, let me tell you, the work is amazing, he certainly knows about cars, dealt with many exotic cars, pricing was more than reasonable, can not think of anything negative about this guy!
Your car is in good hand for sure! Good luck!

Old 03-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Thank you, I'll certainly be having Cliff do the work on the Lotus. The only thing holding me back is a dead battery and our hectic schedules.

I'll post up a a new thread with pics once all said and done.

Cliff if your reading no hurry, I won't be able to get the car out yet but hopefully within the month.

Mick

Originally Posted by aznevoviii
100+ REP on Cliff, he did my Gallardo's LP560 bumper paint + install + clear bra, let me tell you, the work is amazing, he certainly knows about cars, dealt with many exotic cars, pricing was more than reasonable, can not think of anything negative about this guy!
Your car is in good hand for sure! Good luck!

Old 03-09-2011, 05:33 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 1 slow 97
I also agree, D&V autobody is the best (They do all the collision work for lambo and Ferrari of washington). They repainted my entire car and did an amazing job. If the other guy doesn't work out, call and ask for Ron, tell him Jim sent you.
anyone have the contact info for someome at D&V autobody or a link to their site?

Old 03-09-2011, 06:12 PM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
Originally Posted by sunir
anyone have the contact info for someome at D&V autobody or a link to their site?
You could have googled precisely what you wrote = "D&V autobody" in about 1/10th the time it took you to post that... you must be bored

You just told me the other day how stoked you are with your paint guy Dr. John hooked you up with. Something happen?

I know Kevin at D&V, he is one of the owners. I think his brother is also? Maybe Ron? I don't know. Kevin is a good guy and D&V is a very nice and capable shop. If you call him tell him I referred you. I refer a lot of work to him, esp. commercial big volume things. I dont know what Kevin does / knows how to do hands on besides manage, but it doesnt really matter b/c he obviously has the proper staff & equip., managed properly b/c I've never seen anything bad come out of there. He probably knows a lot b/c I believe the shop started with his parents and he grew up around there. Actually he and I have had some pretty detailed discussions about complex paints (pearl white Maserati in particular) and he knows about that, but I've never seen him spray anything. Shop is big and clean (for a bodyshop) and he has plenty of parking... even if not all inside... you wont leave your car thinking "leaving my car parked around here might cause more damage than what I brought it here for in the first place"... if you've sampled body shops you know what I mean. I can't say about pricing, but I know he has deep pocketed insurance co.s on the other end of a lot of his tickets, and he has one hell of a building / property and I am pretty sure they own it, has to be worth many millions... so I'd imagine they price to cover it.

If you have frame damage to a European car...Sunir... hopefully not that... you should def. find a shop with a Celette bench and someone well qualified in using it, i.e. EuroPros in Gaithersbrg. Although last time I spoke with Kevin at D&V couple mo.s ago he was telling me he knew he needed one and was prospecting to get one.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:22 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WeisachWilli
You could have googled precisely what you wrote = "D&V autobody" in about 1/10th the time it took you to post that... you must be bored

You just told me the other day how stoked you are with your paint guy Dr. John hooked you up with. Something happen?

I know Kevin at D&V, he is one of the owners. I think his brother is also? Maybe Ron? I don't know. Kevin is a good guy and D&V is a very nice and capable shop. If you call him tell him I referred you. I refer a lot of work to him, esp. commercial big volume things. I dont know what Kevin does / knows how to do hands on besides manage, but it doesnt really matter b/c he obviously has the proper staff & equip., managed properly b/c I've never seen anything bad come out of there. He probably knows a lot b/c I believe the shop started with his parents and he grew up around there. Actually he and I have had some pretty detailed discussions about complex paints (pearl white Maserati in particular) and he knows about that, but I've never seen him spray anything. Shop is big and clean (for a bodyshop) and he has plenty of parking... even if not all inside... you wont leave your car thinking "leaving my car parked around here might cause more damage than what I brought it here for in the first place"... if you've sampled body shops you know what I mean. I can't say about pricing, but I know he has deep pocketed insurance co.s on the other end of a lot of his tickets, and he has one hell of a building / property and I am pretty sure they own it, has to be worth many millions... so I'd imagine they price to cover it.

If you have frame damage to a European car...Sunir... hopefully not that... you should def. find a shop with a Celette bench and someone well qualified in using it, i.e. EuroPros in Gaithersbrg. Although last time I spoke with Kevin at D&V couple mo.s ago he was telling me he knew he needed one and was prospecting to get one.
hey Cliff...yeah man I was just inquiring because I keep track of any vendor I hear about in a file that I use in case anything happens or I need services. Although it's not a perfect science, I try to make notes about each one based on what I hear on threads, recommendations, or research, over the years I've been doing this, it helps me learn so that I build a kind oif notes/database if I should need anything I am not starting from scratch hopefully

Old 03-09-2011, 06:32 PM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
Originally Posted by sunir
hey Cliff...yeah man I was just inquiring because I keep track of any vendor I hear about in a file that I use in case anything happens or I need services. Although it's not a perfect science, I try to make notes about each one based on what I hear on threads, recommendations, or research, over the years I've been doing this, it helps me learn so that I build a kind oif notes/database if I should need anything I am not starting from scratch hopefully
Good... now I know where to go for 6speed datbase queries.

D&V & Kevin are straight up, I would def. recommend them for paint and basic body repair... at least as far as quality.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Bonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura about
It sounds like you have all the info you need however I'm getting my clear bra installed next week Thursday by Proform automotive in ellicot city. Rob is the man when it comes to the clear bra. He uses the Avery nano fusion. He has done BMW, p cars, ferrari and others.

I found him via a search. He was spoken of well over at least four different forums. I can't wait. He also tinted my windows...ceramic tint. Looks awesome!

Let me know if you want details!

Old 03-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by Bonefish
It sounds like you have all the info you need however I'm getting my clear bra installed next week Thursday by Proform automotive in ellicot city. Rob is the man when it comes to the clear bra. He uses the Avery nano fusion. He has done BMW, p cars, ferrari and others.

I found him via a search. He was spoken of well over at least four different forums. I can't wait. He also tinted my windows...ceramic tint. Looks awesome!

Let me know if you want details!
Yeah I spoke with Rob for a while once and he seemed to really know a lot...he said he had been doing this as one of the first people as the clear bra technology came on over the past 7 or 8 years I guess...my decision will be based on cost per coverage and warranty for the most part. I just want a proffesional quality excellent job that doesn't fade or yellow, that I can clean easily and does what it's supposed to for the life of the vehicle or it gets re-done and not at my expense...as for the tint I like the ceramic that you have, I will go with that I think...