Paint protection and custom body work

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Paint protection and custom body work

I've started to research shops in the surrounding areas and was hoping to get some first-hand feedback from some of the locals here.

I'm planning to get some custom body work done to the car which will require the star-shield to be removed and then replaced post work.

Which body shops and paint protections shops are recommended, I'm fairly certain that the front clam will need to be removed for part of the work.

Thanks,
Mick

Old 03-03-2011, 03:14 PM
markar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to all
Mick , I am trying to paint my millennium edition 996 to and I speak with this guys on East Gude Dr (Revision Auto) owner Mark Figliozzi He races Lotus Him self .... He now about this cars a lot and work with the guys from lotus club all the time Ask Him
I now this because I talk with Him about painting and fixing broken RUF wing on my car .
301- 4246577 - REVISION AUTO...
I Just don't now how good they are? I will find out soon...

Old 03-03-2011, 04:59 PM
RogueS60R is infamous around these parts
I don't know the specifics on Lotus vehicles, but my vote would be WagonWerks in Alexandria, VA. Big time with Porsche wide body kits, Cabriolet conversions, race prep, mostly P-cars, Mercs, and exotics. I had one of Mercedes repaired there and was amazed with results. Caution!!! Very,very,very pricey. But outstanding body work and paint finishing.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Markar how you doing mate, how's the turbo conversion treating you

Yeh I'm currently in talks with Mark at revision and he seems to know the car pretty well esp with clam removal etc.

Keep me posted on the outcome, cheers.

Originally Posted by markar
Mick , I am trying to paint my millennium edition 996 to and I speak with this guys on East Gude Dr (Revision Auto) owner Mark Figliozzi He races Lotus Him self .... He now about this cars a lot and work with the guys from lotus club all the time Ask Him
I now this because I talk with Him about painting and fixing broken RUF wing on my car .
301- 4246577 - REVISION AUTO...
I Just don't now how good they are? I will find out soon...

Old 03-03-2011, 07:57 PM
markar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to all
Thank you Mick, Doing great long time no see, I love the Turbo Kit
I will let you now..

Old 03-03-2011, 09:30 PM
VoiD is infamous around these parts
Revision is working on my C63 right now.. will see how good they are soon.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:31 AM
Volant997 is a jewel in the roughVolant997 is a jewel in the roughVolant997 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by RogueS60R
I don't know the specifics on Lotus vehicles, but my vote would be WagonWerks in Alexandria, VA. Big time with Porsche wide body kits, Cabriolet conversions, race prep, mostly P-cars, Mercs, and exotics. I had one of Mercedes repaired there and was amazed with results. Caution!!! Very,very,very pricey. But outstanding body work and paint finishing.
I had a terrible experience with Wagonwerks myself. It took them several tries to get my car right after a deer hit a few years ago. Alignment of the door, nibs in the paint, hack job on the clear bra -- three tries later it was done, but the frustration was not worth it.

Recently had work done by D&V Autobody out in Chantilly (wing and GT3 front). I can't say enough good things about that shop - they were awesome.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:26 AM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
I dont recommend going to Wagonworks. I have a couple clients who have had work done there and it didnt turn out well. The most recent had a back bumper repainted and during my inspection I found many sanding marks and it looks as if they did no polishing after sanding. Plus, it is now owned by a dealership.

I also have clients who went to D&V Auto Body and the work they do is very good. I have also been there myself and the place is very nice and the guys know what they are talking about there.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:22 AM
Great input so far.

Void - let me know how that goes, Revision is pretty close to me.
I've heard the same about Wagonwerks, they are not what they used to be from back in 2001~.

I'd prefer something close and a one stop shop where I can get the film put back on to the front.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:52 AM
Wagon work paint my bumper 2 years later bobble in paint no good .and paid arm and leg.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Hey Mick, there's a guy named Cliff that everyone raves about with the bra wrap and he is in Columbia, MD somewhere. The reason I bring him up is I have also heard that he may be connected with a shop that does body work and/or detailing just before he wraps. I can't remember the name of his place, but someone here should know. I would like to get the M done now too before the front gets trashed, so I am also interested in the contact info.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Hey Scott,
I think I know the chap, a friend passed me a link to an M3 that these guys did along with pics - from what I could tell the work was top notch.

I think it's Weisachii (sp) as he contacted me so I may have these guys perform the work.

I'll post up as soon as I confirm.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:07 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I've dealt with wagonworks...my experience was great work but very very pricey!

Cliff is in Columbia MD...I have only seen one of the cars he did up close and the work seemed quite nice...I don't know how his pricing compares to the other providers of this service...I think his place is called AutoArmour...

Old 03-04-2011, 01:13 PM
Cliff and I are currently in talks and I think he has my business and he's not too far away and a 6speed member.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Exlondoner
Cliff and I are currently in talks and I think he has my business and he's not too far away and a 6speed member.
Good on Ya, Mate!!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Paint protection and custom body work